Spencer Patterdale DofB 2015 Gatwick Kenns

jan&nick

Re: Spencer Patterdale DofB 2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

we took spencer out again with little ralph and after a bit of initial barking they soon settled into their walk together fairly harmoniously but not too near - the bridal path had two big loose dogs on it so knowing we had ralph with us and fearing for the big dogs safety (well thats what we told ourselves lol) we headed for an alternative route down to the stream and common - spence soon found a stick not quite as big as usual but adequate and only agreed to eat sausages as long as his stick was resting on his paws ready to grab back - down to the stream and spencer wanted to go in (of course) but the stream was too high and much to spencers chagrin we declined the slippery slope down to the water and settled for a walk round the common - always hard putting spencer back but the blow was softened for him with sosses and cheese gratefully received
IMG_2146.JPG
IMG_2140.JPG
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Wow what a difference a week makes, I had a very chilled walk with Spencer, he found a large stick which he managed to break up, he was happy to walk with the smaller stick. We went over the fields, he ignored the puddles, he was just happy to walk. Spencer enjoyed cheese back in his kennel bighug.gif
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked today Spencer he is a real sweaty walkes very fast but enjoys being outside he will carry wood but if you can get him to hold a toy he dosnt bother with sticks so a lot easier to walk very proud to hold some thing
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Dear little Spencer and I had a lovely walk, he decided that he didn't want to walk through the mud to the fields!, so we turned back towards the common. He found a large stick and carried it on his walk, we exchanged the stick for cheese back in his kennel Heart fill with love.gif]
Nic

Post by Nic »

I hadn't walked Spencer for a little while, so he was a bit nervous. When you see him regularly some of his nerves do start to go down, confidence grows and he comes in for cuddles love4.gif

He took his tennis ball out with him and we stayed on the grounds, having the ball in his mouth he wasn't bothered about sticks. Although he did get confused when we spotted another tennis ball and he tried to carry both!

I think he would really blossom in his own home having his special person, kennels make him nervous and he is such a little guy. Handsome too! You can see his brain is always going, and isn't really a dog you can take out for a quick stroll once a day. He is playful and likes being on the go, but when he is confident with you is also affectionate.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I hadn't walked Spencer in quite a while and today we went out with Tricia and Eddy - two amazing little dogs who lifted our spirits in the winter sunshine as they are both just so cute. I got Spencer out of his pen and immediately gave him a yellow toy which he loved - he carried it all the way around the walk and didn't try to get a stick once! Progress! It is a bit tricky to get a stick off him once he fastens onto one. He did look cute today and so proud - he is just so tiny and walks so fast - a gorgeous little dog. :smiley-bounce016.gi: thumbs.gif
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

After a month off walking (damn you COVID lockdowns) it was great to take Spencer out for the first time today. He’s quite the delicate little chap, slightly nervous when you go to collect him but, after enticing him with a couple of sausage nibbles and a tennis ball, he was good to go.

Walking Spencer is a very interesting experience. On the one hand he’s a great mover, and was happy to add more and more distance on to the walk rather than go back. However, when he wants to chew the tennis ball, he is like an immovable object and you must let him have his two minutes of time with the ball. Overall though, what a sweetheart and it’ll be great to take him out again.

1B9E2F03-7DD2-4CB7-9930-56CDDAC6D704.jpeg

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”