Rocky Patterdale DofB 01.03.18 Gatwick Kenns

LindaS

Re: Rocky Patterdale DofB 01.03.18 Guildford Kenns

Post by LindaS » Sun May 12, 2019 6:26 pm

I don't walk the smaller dogs as much and on saturday went from walking Bullseye (bulldog x) to Rocky as my second walk. Rocky is typical pattie coming out of the kennels, nose to the ground zig zagging along getting all the smells, but no barking back at the noisey RR doggies barking at him. We went for the quiet route along the railway line and had Jo also walk with us, so he had two humans chatting away. He really was so very easy to walk, slack lead and classic stopping to snif (and you nearly tripping over him). When you say his name he automatically looks round at you and grins and he was happy to have me giving him a tickle every now and then.

We stopped to take some photos which he happily obligied, and then just as we were about to do this some runners and their dog appeared (not on lead), but Rocky was very good .... in fact he wasn't that observant, he only started getting slightly excited once they were further away, the same thing happened when a phesant landed on the path (I saw it, but he didn't) and he only appeared to notice once it started making lots of noise, we then had very little distance when we walked past (on a very short lead) and it flew off (phew) thumbs.gif .

This chap is so happy, very relaxed and his little tail wags. Back in the kennel he did the perfect sit for the leads to be unclipped and then just looked at me with sweet little eyes.
Rocky.jpg
Rocky 2.jpg

Beth Crawley

Post by Beth Crawley » Sun May 19, 2019 2:51 pm

I walked young Rocky today and he is delightful! So excited to get going but very easy to walk. Rocky is responsive to his name and he does a beautiful patient sit for a treat. We met lots of runners, cyclists and dogs on our walk. Rocky wanted to say hello to everyone but was easy to move on past. After our walk we played with tennis balls in the paddock which he LOVED. I think he could have played for hours! He really is an adorable little chap.

MrsM

Post by MrsM » Thu May 23, 2019 8:43 pm

I took Rocky into the paddock on Tuesday and he had a great time chasing and chewing tennis balls. At just over a year old this was a good way to help him use up some energy! We also practiced the SIT command (which he is very good at) and some recall which is work in progress. His favourite thing was to crawl along the ground on his tummy whilst chewing a tennis ball! He then cooled off with a dip in the canal.

Beccastj

Post by Beccastj » Sun May 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Rocky is too young to be in kennels. He really is a cute dog and I'm sure he'll be homed quickly. He is easy to walk as he is so small and light on the lead. He just needs a secure garden and a tennis ball and he will be happy. He sits nicely for treats too.
Rockypat.jpg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

nada.c

Post by nada.c » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:45 am

Rocky was a champ on Sunday helping little Gemini get homed ☺️

After an initial barking contest to see who could be the loudest between them (too close to call!), Rocky settled into a nice walk with Gemini. They walked parallel to each other, each with friendly relaxed body language with us humans and neutral interest in each other.

Rocky seemed to gain confidence having a doggy pal nearby. We had a lovely walk together yesterday ❤️
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Jazz33

Post by Jazz33 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 pm

I walked Rocky today and he was his usual excitable self. He loves to go for a walk and can't wait to get the lead on and out. I have walked him once before and he is very easy to walk, he doesn't pull unless he sees something that he's interested in. I find him quite obedient, he listens. He enjoys a treat or two but is not greedy! He loves puddles! Each time we encountered a large puddle he made straight for it and splashed through it. He also enjoys rolling in the grass, giving his back a good scratch! This little dog needs a loving home, he is great character. Can you offer Rocky a home? Heart fill with love.gif]

Jazz33

Post by Jazz33 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Walking in the rain with Rocky yesterday was lively as usual. He seems to like a bit of water so walking through an overgrown very wet path was enjoyable for him! Not quite so for me, soaking wet trouser bottoms, silly me! Rocky was happy sniffing at the undergrowth, investigating little small burrows that he discovered. He is a lively walk but he does listen if you want his attention. Loves a treat and sits nicely. Rocky enjoyed being towel dried when we returned to the kennels. This lovely little chap deserves to be someone's companion. k2727.gif

Jazz33

Post by Jazz33 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:43 pm

Rocky and I are quite familiar with one another now! I have walked him a few times now and he never disappoints, he's always a happy chappy! He is excitable when you enter his kennel and I always allow him a few minutes to bomb around before attempting to put his leads on. He's like a little rocket out of the kennel and he likes to get away from the kennel area quickly. Instead of walk we went for exercise and play in the large runs where Rocky jumped in and out of the splash pool several times - he loves water as I have said before. He chased after a ball, ran around with a rubber ring then presented it to me for a game of tug! Never underestimate the power of a terrier 0002.gif] A few more jumps in and out of the water, then he lay down with a toy for a while. This wonderful little dog really deserves a good home with someone who will throw a ball for him and take time to play but also give him lots of cuddles. He will reward you with his happy, lively character. bighug.gif
Attachments
Rocky. 1 .jpg

jackierollinson

Post by jackierollinson » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:05 pm

I walked little pocket rocket Rocky this morning. On entering his kennel I was greeted with a warm welcome. He’s a delightful, curious little terrier. He’d be perfect for a terrier family to train he’s young and intelligent does a beautiful sit on command already. He loves his walk, seemed unfazed when I stopped to chat with a fellow walker and dog. Hopefully it won’t be too long before he has his forever home. He’s so much to offer he’ll make a lovely companion for anyone. k2727.gif

Lottie.xp

Post by Lottie.xp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:03 pm

2626BA45-5C9B-4F68-9B91-9304C86C4C74.jpeg
2C1E4101-D900-4C50-B77F-14721FE00C41.jpeg
I walked Rocky for the first time today. What a delight he is. Easy to harness, and take out. Walked on a loose lead, with no pulling, and as we walked he sniffed around and would look up at me every now and then, as if to check everything was still alright. We passed some walkers on route, and said hello to them nicely. Back to the kennels for a cuddle and some treats. He does a lovely sit too. Please Rocky I hope you get your forever home soon.

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers (Terrierrescue.co.uk)”