Banjo Patterdale DoB 22.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Our terrific Terriers available for homing! Find Jack Russell, Patterdale, Lakeland, Fell and former Working Terrier breeds here! Other small breeds may also be listed in this sub-forum!
Elaine.scott1

Re: Banjo Patterdale DoB 22.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:18 pm

I took Banjo out for the first time today, dear little lad. He liked to choose where we walked, not too happy to see other dogs, but that can be managed in time. He walks at a fast pace, he is happy to sit for a treat. He would flourish in the right home Heart fill with love.gif]

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:15 pm

I took Banjo to the paddock this afternoon for a change, as soon as I unclipped the leads he was off choosing which football he wanted to play with. I tried to persuade him to chase after a smaller tennis ball as I could throw them further than I could kick the footballs but he preferred playing with the footballs. When it was time to take him back to his kennel he was very good and didn't mind. He has a lovely character. I do hope he will find his forever home soon. love4.gif

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:18 pm

I got to meet the delightful boy Banjo on Friday love4.gif

We had a lovely long walk and Banjo trained me very well to dispense treats when he did a beautiful sit and gazed at me with those amazing eyes love4.gif
882DB9A4-0887-4DC8-ABD2-5F1A03EAFE57.jpeg
AF0CE572-8AF5-4C74-A29B-BE5CEBF179C1.jpeg
16478698-54C2-454A-A7C7-DB494FDC90CA.jpeg
1066701A-4F87-4900-8B3A-805997769A3D.jpeg
Those ears love4.gif aren’t they just adorable xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:28 am

I do believe Banjo is in cahoots with Rolo - I’m sure Rolo has told him I’m a pushover :shock:. Banjo was happy to walk half way through the woods then wanted to go back - put the brakes on and went a dead weight (definitely been taking to Rolo 0002.gif]). So back we went - he pulled me all the way to the paddock so in we went. He LOVED playing with the football - he quickly picked up if he dropped it he’d get a treat and the ball would be kicked again. Banjo is very smart - he has definitely learned to randomly stop, sit, look at you with his gorgeous brown eyes, and this is how he gets waaaaaaay too many treats - well way too many of mine anyway but I couldn’t resist that little, pleading face love4.gif
EC979310-34CD-4946-97B1-39322270A71B.jpeg
F87A880E-58CF-4113-A01D-EF7E3B8D4123.jpeg

ManuelaP_

Post by ManuelaP_ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:39 pm

My husband Andy and I walked Banjo on Saturday; and really loved spending time with him! He occasionally was nervous or would stop walking prior to turning a corner or going down a path in the forest however we found that if I stopped with Banjo and Andy lead the way (to "make sure it's safe") Banjo would happily follow him and with this we enjoyed a great walk. We encountered one off lead dog, however standing in front of Banjo to block the view he didn't notice this dog at all. We encountered two other RR dogs, one was Honey who we saw from a distance and we turned around to avoid meeting her - the other was Penny and we choose to walk past her (Penny's walker waited on the side of the path), Banjo walked past her nicely and quietly initially but then turned around to bark a little bit. When we continued walking with him he soon lost interest!

With a little bit of training, I am sure those situations can be managed and he would be a perfect addition to a lovely family!

We walked for about an hour with him, and he had lots of energy and loved going under the stiles and over bridges!

Judy

Post by Judy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:26 pm

Banjo is a lovely boy, we had a good walk this afternoon. As previously mentioned he does become unsure whilst out but with a bit of encouragement he soon realises that all is ok and will carry on walking, he just needs to feel secure and as a result his confidence will grow. He really would blossom in a forever home, I hope he will not have to wait too long for this to happen. Heart fill with love.gif]

Judy

Post by Judy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:28 pm

I had a lovely greeting from Banjo this afternoon, he was very keen to get out and get going on his walk. I was very pleased to notice that he wasn't nearly so cautious about going on his walk, although he did resist a few times he was very easily persuaded to carry on. I took him down to the stream as it was quite warm but he wasn't interested in paddling and so we just carried on with our walk. Banjo is such a great little dog, I really hope he will not remain in kennels for too much longer. bighug.gif

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm

When I arrived at the kennels Banjo was in the paddock happily amusing himself playing with a ball. When he saw the leads he realised he was going for a walk and so waited patiently for me to clip them to his harness. We had a lovely stroll the woods and did quite a long circuit, Banjo was very keen walking out well. He is such a non fuss boy and is a pleasure to be with. Heart fill with love.gif]

Judy

Post by Judy » Tue May 07, 2019 5:08 pm

I was pleased to see this afternoon Banjo is a lot more confident in going for much longer walks. He was keen to get going and walked at a good pace. Banjo would really benefit from being in a home of his own where he would receive the attention he so deserves. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope this happens soon. :crossfingers.gif:

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu May 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Banjo and I enjoyed another good walk this afternoon. This little boy certainly likes to make his presence known when we walked by another dog but as soon as it had gone by Banjo calmed down and carried on walking. It really isn't a problem as he is only small and perhaps he would stop doing this with more frequent exposure to other dogs. I really love walking this little fella he is such a pleasure to be with. angel13.gif]