Rescue Remedies Diary May 2020 - July 2020...

A behind the scenes look at our work
xxlynne

Re: Rescue Remedies Diary May 2020 - July 2020...

Post by xxlynne »

Apologies Just haven't found time to sit down to write the diary.

We have revamped our Homings process to cater for the massive demand for dogs which knocked us for six at the start of lock down. As you know we are one of the few Rescues that stayed open throughout. We now have an Homing admin team who read all the Homing Questionnaires on arrival, averaging 30-40 a day now. This in itself is much more manageable than 60 a day we were receiving. About 50% are passed to me which could prove 'possibles' with our dogs. This has helped so much and is a greatly appreciated service. It was a big step for me to say don't send me every Homing questionnaire,..I have always received them all up until now.
Pickle
Pickle
The Homing Questionnaires are moved into a For Allocation Folder: These are read and allocated to a member of the homing team when they request more. The rate of receipt, and the actual numbers we can deal with, do not match. There is continuously the disparity of the dreams and wishes of applications and the actual needs of our current dogs. We try so hard to get the match right. The volition needs to come from the receiving family, with the homing team reflecting back realism. It is hard when we know we could match, but our dog is not considered on basis of size; age, breed type or on occasions colour or fur type.
Murphy
Murphy
We will hold Homing Questionnaires for up to 6 months and when a suitable dog comes in we do contact to offer to a waiting family first to see if they are still waiting. We no longer contact all applicants but they receive an automatic email on submission which explains this. Many don't read it and my phone goes all day long which is hard.

The past week has involved days and days at the computer reviewing all held Homing Questionnaires and organising into new folders to whom allocated and those 'NFA'd' 'No Further Action'. I havent got repetitive strain syndrome which I thought I was getting but back ache and I'm looking forwards to being free again. I have deleted thousands and thousands of emails. With an involved homing discourse between myself and the homing team member, we can build up sometimes 10 or 20 emails. I just save the last Final outcome email and delete the others. The 'Adopted' email is the one which is the most pleasing! Under NFA's Homing Questionnaires for the last 6 months I have 3,600. Under For Allocation I currently have 396. So I've now more or less caught up and organised for the new role and system.
Chico
Chico
I thank the homing team for their dedication and hard, hard work in pursuing homes for our dogs. They do everything they can to find our dogs their safety and security. It's a very emotionally challenging role and I have always said to succeed and sustain the role you need an eternal optimism despite acutely aware of human fragility and failings. A great depth of emotional maturity is required, which is prevalent in people who pursued careers in the Caring & Therapy professionals; Teaching professionals, Social workers, Police force, Armed forces !

So I'm hoping to emerge a little more though feel swamped at the moment. We have lost 2 of our dogs to illness in the last 2 weeks which is incredibly hard on us all. We have saved over 20 dogs so far this month 17 are already with us. We will save more ... we have homed 16 dogs this month with 2 returns, and one translated into foster.

Thank you to all our financial backers it enables us to offer to the homeless dogs who need us. They are for ever in your debt.

xxlynne

Re: Rescue Remedies Diary May 2020 - July 2020...

Post by xxlynne »

Last diary of the month, apols for not keeping it up to date. Sigh.

Fabulous day today warm summer's day and its so good to see real achievements and witnessing our dogs (our celebrities) gain ground towards their homing day.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

It surprizes me that despite our best efforts we are full to the brim at the kennels.

We have temporarily moved Dogs Weekly to another account as I had some gremlins in the process so intend to cancel my accounts and reload. So if you have been thinking why haven't I updated, as I do daily, its because that old one is paused and due to be deleted.
Dogs Weekly

Rainbow bridge: When we hear news of our dog's end of journey we move their threads to Rainbow Bridge in celebration of their lives. During the week we have sad emails coming in, reminding us of our old friends, who we waved goodbye to many years ago. It is wonderful to go back in memory lane and remember the ordeal and trauma they escaped as they arrived on our doorstep. Then the magic meeting when their rightful owners come to offer them stability and security and love.

Our dog's Forum thread capture events and special times. Facebook is just a fleeting glimpse..then lost. Our Forum is our home and their home. When families get to know the Forum and how to upload pictures they can add to their dogs threads and make us all smile.

Editing & Resizing photos
I use a PC, and Windows so I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager which is there in any windows package. Its easy to use to adjust brightness; colour; crop; resize etc. Using this allows you to resize to 800 x 600 pixels and our Forum readily receives once you register and
Mandy in her day room
Mandy in her day room
(The top of the picture is from Paint where I have pasted the screen shot.)

When you register you then search for your dog's thread. If its a 3 letter name like Leo the forum wont pick this up so search your town say Woking and you will see threads of those dogs homed in Woking you can then choice Leo's.

You can post a reply, then for photos, at the bottom see attachments and click
Eddie's thread
Eddie's thread
You then add your resized photos and and and! then put your curser on the text area you want your photo to be placed on and click PLACE on line. Simples!!!!!!!!! I spend so many evenings opening up threads and placing people's picture on line.

By keeping your dog's thread uptodate with news, when... when you reach the day you have to say goodbye to your dear love, they will have a History (or Herstory) forever, as we move them across to rest in Rainbow Bridge

Our Rainbow bridge

Return to “Rescue Remedies Diary”