Dolly Staffie DofB 2012 Mitcham

Dogs that have found their forever home
mandyandmike

Re: Dolly 2012 Fifi 2013 Staffies Gatwick Kenns

Post by mandyandmike »

Anne your pics are always so good, that last photo of Fifi is adorable love4.gif
anne

Re: Dolly 2012 Fifi 2013 Staffies Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

This morning I got the chance to walk with Dolly. I quickly learnt that Dolly's priority at the moment is cuddles! While I was putting on her harness she lay down in her bed, belly up, for tummy rubs and cuddles. It took a while to persuade her up, to do up the harness and clip on leads for a walk. To start with Dolly stuck very close to my legs looking up for reassurance and 'talking' to me constantly with little grunts and squeaks. When we were in the wood I sat down and we shared cuddles and Dolly sat beautifully, giving her paw for some treats, while I took some photos. Dolly was tricky to photograph because she wanted to cuddle up and shower me with kisses. I am not complaining, she is adorably sweet and cute. After that Dolly seemed to get her confidence and walked purposefully in front of me, stopping for the odd sniff. Back in the kennel Dolly headed straight for her comfy bed and snuggled down which made getting her coat on rather tricky but between cuddles, we finally managed.
I couldn't decide which photos to share so you get loads!
DSCF7133.jpga.jpg
DSCF7134.jpga.jpg
DSCF7135.jpga.jpg
DSCF7137.jpga.jpg
DSCF7138.jpga.jpg
DSCF7139.jpga.jpg
DSCF7145.jpga.jpg
DSCF7149.jpga.jpg
DSCF7151.jpga.jpg
MrsP

Re: Dolly 2012 & Fifi 2013 DOB Staffies Reading Temp Foster

Post by MrsP »

The girls are with me having some girly recovery time (me included) winkwink.gif MrP, Tizer and Peppermint are up at the father-in-laws.

There has been a lot of sleeping (me included) and cuddles. They are absolutely beautiful and dinky little girls, housetraining appears to be there with regular prompts into the garden.
We had to go on a mercy run today as my brother has caught a horrible sickness bug and his wife was at work, and the poor chap couldn't get himself any meds or fluids. I left the girls for 15 minutes whilst I went to the pharmacy and when I returned they were on the sofa where I left them. We walked up to my brothers house and they are possibly the easiest to walk dogs I have ever met, lovely loose leads and cute little trots. We passed a pug at close quarters without anyone batting an eyelid and both girls have a magnificent 'wait' at the kerb.
Returned home and we all had another sleep, they're great company if you need a few days on the sofa/in bed. Dolly is defo boss and Fifi spends a lot of time trying to lick her all over, Dolly is still very sore though so I discourage Fifi's affection.
They've slept on my bed with me but I think they'd stay on the sofa if I asked them to, they also really like the dog bed (which gets barely used by my two).
They're very different dogs actually, Fifi has a bit of a lost puppy feel, is incredibly cuddly and knows less about the world, whereas Dolly is a much more confident girl, knows lots of commands and is a bit more independent (though she's a fan of a cuddle too).
PIIIICTUUUURES
the girls 1.jpg
The girls 2.jpg
the girls 3.jpg
sweetpea

Re: Dolly 2012 & Fifi 2013 Staffies Reading Temp Foster

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely photos. ...thank you for taking them home .... :thanks.gif: love4.gif love4.gif
Fred R

Re: Dolly 2012 Fifi 2013 Staffie Pair Reading Temp Foster

Post by Fred R »

Surprise visitors - gorgeous Dolly and Fifi and their Guardian Angel. bighug.gif
P1000300(2).JPG
P1000302(2).JPG
P1000304(2).JPG
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

The girls are great with all house related malarkey. My washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher have all been going ten to the dozen (I'm playing catch up on the housework front) and the girls haven't reacted. I then hoovered, Fifi got up had a look then laid back down again, it didn't even register with Dolly.
I'm still quite worried about Dolly, she's quite delicate and exhausted. If I could have four dogs I would have these two in a heartbeat, they're wonderful, gentle and loving little bundles of fur. love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Thank you so much for having the girls and allowing them time to recover away from the kennels. They were both so unhappy last week. Great to see them being able to heal and relax within a home environment. :thanks.gif: xx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

:iagree.gif: :nicethread.gif: :thanks.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
jules

Post by jules »

Gorgeous twosome and thanks for turning things around to help them. X
xxlynne

Re: Dolly Staffie DofB 2012 Mitcham Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Today Mrs P headed back to kennels. Nicky & Amanda took Dolly & Fifi to Nicky's home to offer them another day in a warm home. Dolly's health deteriorated further. She also went for Fifi when Fifi went to sit next to her. And would not tolerate Fifi being near her from that point ...?she was ill and needed space/ in pain.

Upon MrsP and myself meeting Nicky & Amanda at the kennels it was obvious to MrsP Dolly's health wasn't good and was worse than that morning. Not having seen Dolly since Wednesday night she looked unwell and her teats had grown a great deal. Her breathing was fast and shallow and she had a prolonged cough.

Our vet agreed to meet Dolly at the surgery and within the hour Dolly was slowly walking into the surgery. Mark examined her and immediately pronounced her body had reacted to her spay by signally a false pregnancy and showed me the milk in every nipple. Mark said we never know where our bitches are hormonally when we spay them, this spay must have been at a time to fool the body into triggering an acute pregnancy reaction. Her strong rejection of her partner was part of the hormonal change; she was protecting her 'phantom puppies'. Her chest infection from 2 operations and generally kennel exposure whilst she was vulnerable. Mark put her on a strong course of antibiotics and pain killer.

It will take a long time for Dolly's hormones to settle: being 2 bitches it is a risk they may never regain harmony. Dolly was rehomed from a pound in March 2012: Fifi was chipped by the same council and is stated to be around 2 years younger. Have no reason to believe they are related but could be. We have decided to separate them

Courtney & Alix has already been alerted and agreed to take Dolly in. Poor love slowly walked in like she had been beached up in a storm. She was soon curled up in a soft bed with a pillow surround. She will start her meds. tonight and she will be cared for in the warm. Fifi is in kennels, she was separated from Dolly in kennels before because it was to stressful on them so Fifi has been alone and coped well.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”