Bruce & Poppy Staffie DofB 03.2011 Cambridge

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Bruce Staffie x DofB 03.2011 Oxted weekend foster

Post by Sarahk »

Bruce and Poppy headed over to Guildford with Lynne today, know they're gonna be soooo loved there but I am missing my weekend buddies, bed feels very spacious without them !!!

They were so good this morning, relaxing whilst I got on with my work, no interruptions from them at all, just brilliant :D
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Look forward to Guildford update on this gorgeous boy :smiley-love014.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Bruce Staffie x DofB 03.2011 Oxted weekend foster

Post by Sarahk »

Walkies this morning, they knew today which was my house as we returned :D
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sarahk

Re: Bruce Staffie x DofB 03.2011 Guildford Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

a couple of videos from Bruce & Poppy's weekend with me love4.gif

Their dis-interest in Team GBs gold medal ceremony was very unpatriotic !!!
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

I've been on a few walks with lovely Bruce and his pal Poppy.
Bruce is very cute with Poppy, he completely adores her. He was happy to spend time with just me, however, when we were in the paddock and Poppy took herself off to play with a ball. There's a vulnerability to Bruce which I find very endearing.
BruceP 1.jpg
snuffles
snuffles
GOOD dogs
GOOD dogs
suealq

Post by suealq »

Poppy and Bruce 2.jpg
Poppy and Bruce 1.jpg
Bruce.jpg
Had a lovely long walk in the rain on Saturday with Bruce and his pal Poppy. They really do love each other and get on so well together. Bruce is a different personality from Poppy - he seems a little quieter and less sure of himself and often seems to take the lead from her. They hadn't been out of kennels for a week so were quite strong to begin with but soon settled down. Bruce loves to have a sniff around and has a sweet way of stopping and looking up at his walker every now and then for a stroke. Initially they walked very close together and there was lots of muzzle touching, but they quickly relaxed and moved away from each other. Bruce seems to prefer to be behind, letting Poppy lead the way, and he doesn't like to get too far behind. He is a lovely looking dog with a gorgeous face and a very endearing quiet way to him. I fell for them both completely and wanted to take them home with me at the end of the walk. Really looking forward to walking Bruce and Poppy again soon but they are so gorgeous that hopefully they will be rehomed very quickly.
AlisonC

Post by AlisonC »

Walked with Bruce and Poppy today. Bruce is a very handsome chap with a calm nature. He does love Poppy a lot love4.gif and it is lovely to see their connection.
Togetherness!
Togetherness!
Bruce is the more laid back of the two and is happy to follow where Poppy leads.
Liking this grass
Liking this grass
The pair will wander apart and have a sniff around , a chew of the grass and even a dabble of the paws in the river, but Bruce likes to keep an eye on Poppy of course winkwink.gif
Bruce would thrive in the comfort of a family home as he has a warm heart and a lovely nature love4.gif
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

It is such a joy to walk with a lovely bonded pair and so my sister Caroline and I were delighted to meet Bruce and Poppy for an afternoon stroll on Saturday. We went to meet this gorgeous pair, little realising that they are excellent escape artists, as while I muddled up the harnesses they slipped behind me and out through the kennel door that I thought I’d wedged closed with my foot! But as they both trundled down the run, they excitedly found the loving arms of Mrs P – who they absolutely adore!! Great interception Mrs P!
Bruce 1.3.jpg
We finally managed to get all togged up with the right harnesses and leads and headed off at full pelt out of the kennels. Very quickly both Poppy and Bruce settled into an easier pace, walking so happily side-by-side. Even a concerned reaction to Jethro who was walking along the opposite path was dissipated by turning in the opposite direction. This seemed to interrupt their worrying and they were both back feeling comfortable and at ease.
Bruce 1.2.jpg
Poppy is definitely the boss in this relationship, but Bruce is so sweet with her. At one point Poppy and Caroline had walked ahead by some distance and as we came to catch up with them Bruce quickly ran to Poppy and licked her face all over. What a beautiful and endearing display of their affection for one another. While they were happy to sniff out their own paths along the way, they were always keen to come back together every so often, to bump heads and bodies always keeping in contact. It was something we saw when walking those sweet sisters Bonnie and Jodie (now rehomed) and again it was lovely to walk with this pair of devoted companions.
Bruce 1.1.jpg
Bruce is a very gentle, good-natured boy, who has a few underlying anxieties meeting other dogs, but he’s very affectionate and a bit of a softy! His furrowed brow reminds me so much of our lovely Pippin, who often looks so confused, but I think on this occasion he was incredulous that I had managed to put him in the pink harness with the hearts on it! Sorry Brucie boy – but you are such a handsome lad that you can pull off that look. And the girls will love you all the more for being able to rock that style with such aplomb!
Bruce 1.4.jpg
On arriving back in the kennels they were very affectionate with Bruce cosying up to our legs and jumping in and out of his bed to get plenty of hugs; Poppy just flopped down on her back for a tummy tickle. It was lovely to see both dogs furiously wagging their tails to show their enjoyment of their outing.
Bruce 1.5.jpg
This beautiful pair would be a wonderful addition to any family and I really hope they have the chance to stay together as they have such a close bond. What joy they would bring to their forever home!
JenG

Post by JenG »

Bruce and Poppy helped new walkers Derry and Gail learn all about Rescue Remedies today. They were so friendly and welcoming, the perfect warm welcome for our new friends. Bruce is an affectionate boy who loves people and loves Poppy, I had some lovely kisses from this darling boy today!
RR dogs are awesome!!!!
RR dogs are awesome!!!!
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

IMG_1213.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG
Funtime in the paddock with these lovebirds today. Bruce is a very lovely gentle soul who loves, loves, loves his Mrs despite her being bolshy and bossy with him!
Poppy & Bruce played nicely together and we also did a little fun training and these 2 do a fab recall, sit & wait.
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

Bruce 2.1.jpg
What a treat to have an outing with Bruce and Poppy again last Saturday as these two sweethearts are a joy to walk! They were excited to see me and my sister when we went in to meet them and playfully spun around with pleasure at the prospect of our jaunt! Brucie was especially thrilled as Laura had kindly provided a brand new harness for him to wear which exclaimed that “I’m the Boss!”. But, ever the gent, Bruce always defers to his beloved Poppy who is definitely the Boss in their relationship!
Bruce 2.2.jpg
We moseyed along the river and up towards the woodland walk, avoiding the island this weekend for fear of troubling the cows again. And Bruce walked beautifully in tandem with his pretty partner Pops, stopping occasionally for a sit and a treat and joyfully weaving left and right and tangling their leads together. They are a smashing pair and so in tune with each other, gently nibbling their gravy bones and looking to each other for confidence, comfort and security.
Bruce 2.3.jpg
Heading up the hill by the fort-like bunker, our delightful pair snuffled through the foliage on either side of the path, sensibly avoiding the pixie-sized toadstools which had sprung up in the dappled autumnal sunshine. They were eager to charge down the steep muddy incline which headed towards the railway line, but politely allowed us to find a slightly easier route and then were fascinated passing a field which must usually have resident horses … Poppy even stood up on her hind legs at the gate expecting to meet some equine friends but sadly she and Bruce were disappointed as there was no one there to greet them.
Bruce 2.4.jpg
Heading over the railway bridge, Bruce and Poppy bounced up the steps and were eager to press on, so we headed through the industrial estate and out to the road, where Bruce displayed his excellent pavement-walking skills … until he and Poppy spied a brave little squirrel on the path in front of us. Their ears and tails shot up and they were so keen to take up the chase but thankfully they were safely harnessed and couldn’t make a dash for it!
Bruce 2.5.jpg
We crossed the road and sat together by the sculpture as Poppy and Bruce took the opportunity to play so happily together, rolling on their backs in the long grass, cadging treats from us, their human companions, and relishing their tumbling games together. It is wonderful to see their delighted faces as they relaxed in the sunshine – any stress caused by kennel life had disappeared and been replaced by joyful, youthful exuberance!
Bruce 2.6.jpg
Poppy and Bruce are a gorgeous pair who have such sweet and endearing personalities and they are SO ready to find their forever homes. Why not give them a chance to show their wonderful happiness to you!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”