Oodles (Noodles) Patterdale DOB ?2014 Somerton, Somerset

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Noodles Patterdale DOB ?2014 Oxted mini break

Post by Sarahk »

What an absolute joy and what a wee little gem :smiley-love014.gif:
image.jpg
LOVE Noodles, she is 100% terrier and 400% enthusiasm all wrapped up in a perfect patterdale package love4.gif

Noodles looking up at me this morning...
Who couldn't resist those eyes ??!!
Who couldn't resist those eyes ??!!
image.jpg
Noodles has oodles of energy but it's all about fun fun fun, no edge to her at all, completely fine around her food and her toys and accepting of me taking a toy from her, all you get is an excited waggy bum cos that means you're playing with her in her mind !!!

Easy to walk and responsive plus you'll get many admirers walking this girl, this morning I only passed 2 people but Noodles had brought out big smiles on their faces in each case :D cars no problem and we passed a bicycle too with no reaction whatsoever thumbs.gif

Noodles was great overnight, settled after a few mins and curled up beside me, snuggled in close, how I love that love4.gif
Good at bedtime pees and poop in the garden and clean all night and ready to 'go' as I let her out this morning around 7.30am. I've had a couple of piddle incidents today but mostly down to me not reading Noodles signs to tell me she wanted to go out and also lack of routine, I think with routine and frequent garden access she'd be 100% in no time.

Noodles travelled with me in the car today and waited whilst I went to an appointment, good as gold in all ways and asleep in her bed on the back seat when I got back to the car.

Great again with her dinner, does a lovely sit for you before you put it down for her, tonight we used my 'slower eating' bowl as she is a very enthusiastic eater, this bowl slowed her down slightly and every morsel consumed with relish ! And bowl thoroughly cleaned by her too, sparkling when she's finished with it !!!

Lots of play followed, she really does entertain herself and has a ball ! Noodles is a very skilful de-squeaker wink.gif Eventually as last night Noodles realises she's tired and all of a sudden she's out like a light snoozing in her bed !
image.jpg
Noodles really is a precious, she would make a fun, lively and loving companion, LOVE her love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

So I say Noodles is 100% terrier and that's true in terms of her unending enthusiasm, the amount of sniffing done on a walk and also as I discovered today her love of 'Eau de fox poo', 3 times I had to prevent the shoulder dip becoming a full blown roll in it !!!
But she hasn't shown any interest in the 'rat run' at the bottom of my garden near the shed, I haven't seen any but know from other terrier visitors that they are there ! Noodles hasn't investigated at all.
And with the opportunity on a number of occasions on her walk to chase the birdies she hasn't done so, so on both those counts maybe not quite so full on terrier !

She's been good as gold this morning whilst I've been working in my study, I am easily distracted which Noodles quickly worked out so did end up cuddling a terrier on my lap as I typed on a few occasions !!! and we also found time for tennis ball fun in the garden when the sun came out !!
Now she's resting on the floor beside me, determined not to miss anything, if I so much as start to move from my chair she's there wagging enthusiastically !

Just soooooo loveable love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

We have had the most lovely day, Noodles is relaxing more and more, playing more and more and feeling sleepy more and more ! Plus she's got much more cuddly today :smiley-gen132.gif:

And no 'accidents' today, all business done outside so it really was just adjustment to being back in a home and I can say Noodles is house trained :D

So here is our day in pictures thumbs.gif

Playing on my bed this morning ...
image.jpg
image.jpg
Miss Gorgeous <3
Miss Gorgeous <3
I wasn't sure how Noodles would settle whilst I was working and she surprised me...
image.jpg

Good as gold all morning, enjoyed being with me and rested wonderfully, punctuated by her little face looking up at me as she put her front paws on my lap love4.gif

Break time = playtime woo.gif] ...
Will you throw the ball for me ? Pleeeeease !!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
Cheeky madam too wink.gif
image.jpg
Super cutie :0)
Super cutie :0)
image.jpg
image.jpg
Lovely when the sun came out positivo1.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
And later another break inside, time for Noodles to play with her very fave ball :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Back to work for me, with little miss to interrupt me with her cuteness :smiley-love014.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Tiring this resting lark !!!
Tiring this resting lark !!!
Good girl Noodles :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
Last break of the day was to say hi to my neighbour over a cuppa, Noodles was a big hit needless to say, she's a real charmer love4.gif
image.jpg
Work all done it was dinner time for her ladyship, like I've said, she LOVES her food thumbs.gif
After her dinner Noodles went very very very sleeeeepy :smiley-gen132.gif:
Quite the poser for the camera !
Quite the poser for the camera !
Feeling tired, big yawn !
Feeling tired, big yawn !
Head dropping !
Head dropping !
Going...
Going...
Nearly gone !
Nearly gone !
zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzz
zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzz
Absolute sweetheart, love her :smiley-love029.gif: xxx
Bertie and Pippa

Post by Bertie and Pippa »

She sounds and looks gorgeous - I do love a Patterdale. I cannot think she wont be in his very own home soon, bless her love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Noodles has another string to her very talented bow...
... No problem leaving her home alone, very calm girl on return, in fact she needed a call as she'd taken herself upstairs to bed !!! Everything as it should be, no accidents, just a gorgeous pooch very pleased to see you and then 'time to play' face !!!

She's done so well today, I needed to go up to London for a meeting so told Noodles she needed to be a brave girl home alone and she was thumbs.gif Helen (froggie757) popped in to entertain her (Thankyou H) and break up her day and I believe they played lots of fetch and chewed the tennis balls (Noodles not Helen !!!). But a 2 hour and 1 hour spell on her own no problem at all :D
And that means Noodles is staying with me til Saturday, yay woo.gif]

Noodles has settled so well, a really easy girl in the house and out and about. We've passed a few dogs now out on our walkies and no problem at all and Noodles is quite happy to walk on by. The only thing that seems to unnerve her slightly is groups of people, this morning we met a bunch of school kids and later a group of 4 ladies, in both cases walking directly towards her and this made Noodles bark, it was an 'I'm a little bit nervous' bark, no malice or threat and I quickly reassured her all was well so she soon left it behind. We subsequently passed school kids on their own and no issues at all so am sure it was the numbers together that unnerved her, bless.

Noodles has a lovely gentle affectionate side to her that goes so well with her happy girl playful side, the perfect pattie mix in my eyes :smiley-love014.gif:

Snuggles tonight on the sofa in front of the TV !
image.jpg
love4.gif
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

Day 2 of my 'let Noodles out for a wee' tasking and I can confirm that if you want a watch dog this is not her! She would probably lick burglars to death but if they had tennis balls then even that is doubtful. She was upstairs when I arrived at Sarah's and came bounding down to see me when I called her name, even more welcoming than yesterday if that is possible. We went straight outside for her to do her business and then somehow she discovered that I had fresh tennis balls hidden in the pockets of my coat. I never knew balls had such a distinctive smell but Noodles does! They were demanded with some urgency and we spent the next 30 minutes playing inside and out. She was much happier today jumping all over me and briefly snuggling up while she started her dastardly destruction of one of her new presents! How appreciative is that? I may have given her a few treats to gain affection then locked her up again to await her foster Mum's return. What a sweet girl and oh so cute, love her xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Noodles has made me laugh this evening lol.gif

Friday is my dog walking day :smiley-chores002.gif: Noodles stayed home and I popped back in the middle of the day to have some play time in the garden plus of course a toilet break ! Good good girl thumbs.gif

Anyway when I got home late afternoon and had done the Noodles enthusiastic welcome plus tennis ball fun in the garden and her dinner I fancied a nice relaxing bath, bath run, bubble bath frothing, in I got...
Well Noodles came to investigate and I honestly thought she was going to jump in with me :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: Paws on the side and reaching forward, she was very nearly in !!!
Quite the opposite usually when I tell a dog its bath time, don't see them for dust !!!

Since then another lovely evening with this sweet little lady :D
Moonflete

Post by Moonflete »

Awww, she is such a sweet little girlie. She must be absolutely loving having all the home comforts! :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Chrissy M

Re: Noodles Patterdale DOB ?2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chrissy M »

Mud on my head ..really ? are you sure ?
Mud on my head ..really ? are you sure ?
Noodles arrived back in kennels yesterday at Gatwick so I thought I'd cheer her up with a little walkies today and some special cooked chicken pieces.

Today was my first walk with Noodles and her name really goes with her; she's everywhere, all at once, like a plate of Noodles !!
Every blade of grass within reach must be researched, Noodles was so excited to be out she grabbed 3 empty water bottles she somehow found hidden in the grass.She sniffed and watched out the whole walk.I wondered if she had been used for sniffing out something in the past ?

Even though Noodles has bundles of energy she is very sweet and good natured, taking treats very nicely and sitting when asked patiently.
Sarahk

Re: Noodles Patterdale DOB ?2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Thankyou Chrissy for taking sweet little noodles out today, it was so hard dropping her back at kennels yesterday icon_e_sad.gif

Noodles let's out her little bark when something surprises her, it's a sweet little bark but people walking down the street after bedtime or indeed hearing my neighbour come in or chat outside her back door can mean she barks. Will settle but probably not for a flat scenario for the sake of your neighbours !

Here's some pics of Noodles foster week with me, love her and :crossfingers.gif: for her home to come soon, Noodles isn't a fan of kennel life, bless her, who can blame her :smiley-rolleyes010.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Cuddle time demanded as I was finishing off my work !
Cuddle time demanded as I was finishing off my work !
Helping me with my work !
Helping me with my work !
Play pleeease !
Play pleeease !
image.jpg
image.jpg
Stretching out !
Stretching out !
Gorgeous girlie, love her love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”