Muffin Patterdale DOB ?2008 Bo'ness, West Lothian

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Muffin Patterdale DOB ?2008 Bo'ness, West Lothian

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Muffin9.jpg
Muffin needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Muffin was found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Muffin is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Muffin is receiving treatment for his skin which is not active mange. Muffin came into our care boarding kennels but then was fostered in Guildford

Muffin has arrived into our loving care battle worn..someone got their kicks out of badger baiting… as we do we are the safety net to vow never again little Muffin safe now a loving pet home for you for the rest of your life. Muffin has so much to offer his forever family ..he is all a tremble at the moment not realising ‘what next?’ Kennel staff adore him & volunteers are queuing to offer him love. Our Patterdales remain on extenders we make not apologises for that...we don’t play with our dogs lives around roads, & allowing them to instinctively to go to ground. Responsible family apply Prince

Visit Muffin's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Muffin78.jpg
Muffin63.jpg
Muffin's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: 14 October 2015: I'm from west wales Poundies who take dogs from 3 local pounds and we regularly send dogs to rescue remedies via Lynn. I have 2 dogs desperate for help, firstly a Patterdale called Muffin who's been used for badger bating and is missing some of his bottom jaw. He is the most friendly boy, good with dogs and loves children. We have neutered, chipped, vacc'd and wormed him so all he needs now is rescue space. I've included photos below so you can see them, thanks, Lx.
Muffin.JPG
Muffin2.JPG
Muffin3.JPG
Muffin comes as soon as we have a kennel space
sweetpea

Re: Muffin Patterdale DOB TBAss West Wales

Post by sweetpea »

Poor boy :thanks.gif: how can humans be so vile .....look forward lovely boy no more pain :smiley-gen132.gif:
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

How sad. At least Muffin is now safe after his ordeal. I do hope there is a family out there who is willing to give this lovely dog a forever home.....he so deserves to know what it is like to be loved within a family environment. In the meantime I am in no doubt that whatever kennels or foster home he goes to he will be cherished and loved. Good luck for the future lovely boy !!!!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Poor little Muffin, some people can be so cruel :smiley-sad010.gif:

Safe now little one. You will be loved and cherished until your forever home comes along :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
Last edited by Chapmania on Thu 29 Oct 2015 21:36, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

Oh little Muffin! Makes me cry to see his little damaged jaw. So wonderful that he's now safe.
Dx
Charlie

Re: Muffin Patterdale DOB TBAss Chessington Kenns

Post by Charlie »

Meeting Muffin this morning was my surprise Sunday treat :biggrin.gif:
P1060324 (640x480).jpg
I couldn't resist whisking him off to explore the countryside for a couple of hours
P1060304 (640x480).jpg
Ollie & Bert are quite fussy about their walking companions but Muffin was accepted immediately :smiley-gen132.gif:
P1060341 (640x480).jpg
He was great with the many people & dogs out enjoying the sunshine, preferring to investigate the hedgerows - but not obsessively so...
P1060349 (480x640).jpg
There is definitely something in here :heidy.gif:
P1060353 (480x640).jpg
Or maybe over here?
P1060321 (640x480).jpg
Very handsome & distinguished :smiley-love029.gif:
P1060371 (640x480).jpg
His jaw is well healed & it will be lovely to see his amazing spotty brindle coat shining again...
Tim

Post by Tim »

Before Muffin was whisked off for his afternoon walk with Charlie we popped into the paddock to take a photo or two....considering what he's been through he's such a loveable boy and loved his cuddles with Rachel:

I can't believe how well he looks and isn't his face healing nicely.....
untitled-8.jpg
untitled.jpg
he's a very alert boy
untitled-7.jpg
untitled-9.jpg
untitled-10.jpg
untitled-3.jpg
Cuddle time...
untitled-11.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-6.jpg
untitled-2.jpg
untitled.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
kashers

Post by kashers »

What a gorgeous boy you are muffin xx
Bertie and Pippa

Post by Bertie and Pippa »

What an absolute sweetheart. How well he's recovered. Onwards and upwards Muffin - your good times have only just began :smiley-gen132.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Muffin Patterdale DOB ?2008 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Muffin has been with us for 2 weeks now. He has had a thorough checkover by our vet. He was found after 3 skin scraps not to have active mange. Our vet prescribed anti itch tablets; a spot on treatment to support his skin and build up skin oils. Muffin also has a special shampoo for the same reason and he has had 1 bath with it already. Muffin is currently doing his 7 days course of panacur as a general wormer but also will eradicate lung/heart worm should it be present.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”