Megan Staffie DOB 2013 Par, Cornwall

Dogs that have found their forever home
Pagers13

Re: Megan Staffie DOB 2013 Crawley Temp foster

Post by Pagers13 »

House is quiet again as my sweet Megan is back in kennels tonight :smiley-sad010.gif: Im off to Orlando with work in the morning otherwise I think I would have been keeping her here until her forever home shows up she is such a joy to have around. Really wish I could have packed her in my suitcase..
one last snooze
one last snooze
Megan encouraging my laziness
Megan encouraging my laziness
siesta time
siesta time
Megan is meeting cats outside my home well, not a lot of focus however still way too overexcited when seeing my cats in the home so I went right back to basics and rather than let her see them i spent most of the time site swapping and last night we managed to get Megan to eat on one side of the door and cats to eat on the other. They were inches apart both could see under door but both were calm so I take that as a victory :D even a baby step is a step in the right direction.
Just checking if the cats wanted to play..they declined
Just checking if the cats wanted to play..they declined
IMG_8785.JPG
IMG_8774.JPG
IMG_8783.JPG
Crate training was fab, she spent 30 min each day in there with close door whilst I got ready. Other times it was left in lounge with door open and Megan would take herself in there for a snooze if I was busy so she obviously felt comfortable enough..This morning after breakfast it was as if she knew it was practice crate time :D and she actually took herself in there without being asked so think she would fit with any families routine. I didnt even bother closing door on this occasion as she didnt move until I came back downstairs and announced it was time for her walk.
Went into the crate of her own accord x
Went into the crate of her own accord x
She loves her walks and is a great little walker. Very focused on her human and generally a very happy go lucky little girl. Loves playing in the garden with you but equally will play with her ball herself if you busy .. Megan had another bath last night as we both got caught in the rain..absolutely drenched we were and this morning her little coat was so shiny and soft. Been adding some coconut oil and honey to her dinners..was reading its good for their coats and immune system and she seemed to like the taste ;)
Megan checking im still here x
Megan checking im still here x
Cheeky monkey peeking into the kitchen ha
Cheeky monkey peeking into the kitchen ha
She is a super cuddle monster, woke up this morning to her paws wrapped round my neck .. :smiley-gen132.gif: she wouldnt get up this morning 8.45am before she took herself to the garden for the classic pee pee and roll around .. This dog is a keeper :!: :!: :crossfingers.gif: for my wee Megs xxx
stunning
stunning
IMG_8794.JPG
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

What fabulous updates and well done for your perseverance with your cats :thanks.gif: Looks like she's been having a wonderful time with you. x
Pagers13

Post by Pagers13 »

Aw thanks ..she's such a special little girl .. Picked her up after my work today so she back on our sofa for another two days .. We love her cmon forever family Megan is a diamond xxx
Pagers13

Post by Pagers13 »

Had so much fun having this wee lass back in our home.. She was a little overexcited again when I picked her up at kennel but once away from this charged atmosphere she turns into Mrs Perfect.

I took her to vets for her 2nd vaccination and she was so well behaved, she gets excited in new situations but redirected easily with treats and she greeted the other dogs in the waiting room nicely. Only forgetting her manners once when she popped her paws on the reception but being so little she was just trying to say hello :biggrin.gif:

I'm a proud foster mummy tonight as it's safe to report that on the cat front Megan now responds to me and not the cats. :smiley-dance010.gif: She still goes to gate if she sees them but now I can redirect her and get her to sit & stay. Using back and down commands, she leaves the gate, goes to her point on sofa and her attention remains on me and not my cats woo hoo .. Go Megan. They are not ready to meet yet but if this is her progress in a week then I'm confident she will only continue to improve.

Her sit, paw and lie down are fab. Her stay needed work she now stays when asked most of the time.. Sometimes a little belly crawl closer to you but in general she is grasping all my commands with ease.

Just a super doper girlie xx
Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat »

Walked the lovely Megan for the first time today, very keen to get started but soon settled. She was a little surprised when Tia popped out of the car, keen to say hello but we left it for a few minutes, a quick sniff and she was much happier after that. We stopped off in the field for a fuss and boy does she enjoy a fuss :D Lovely little girl, typical Staffie waggy tail and a very happy nature. Oh, and she really liked Tia's flexi-lead handle :D

marknsal

Post by marknsal »

lovely video, so funny and Tia is such a little trooper takes it all in her stride!
Pagers13

Post by Pagers13 »

Megan has been staying over again on my days off ...laughing so much at her video with the lead as I had a similar situation with her and the sliding wardrobe doors ...she would chase the edge of the door every time it was opened and closed haha such a funny wee cookie.
Hi foster daddy im back,, can i just sit on you
Hi foster daddy im back,, can i just sit on you
Smiling in her sleep ..sweet dreams Megan x
Smiling in her sleep ..sweet dreams Megan x
On the cat front it continues to work here at my home as they are separated by the baby gate and the cats know to stay away. My cats have never lived with a dog but they have met friends dogs and my other foster so they not naive and I really believe they sense Megan is hostile and I trust their judgement.

Realistically as far as her forever home goes I do feel a cat free home would benefit Megan in the long run. She is so very focused on my boys and has cat memory so much so that everytime she arrives at my home she goes to the same spot in the dining room window where she once seen my cat sitting. She aims to please and I know she listens to me and does what Im asking but I feel her instinct is telling her something different as she constantly tries to look past me if she hears them. Its almost impossible to break that focus once she locked on and because she knows she shouldnt move she whines instead...when she plays Megan shakes her toys and pounces on them so I think she has some prey drive and therefore feel that in her forever home she would thrive without the cat distraction.
Posing outside the vets after her vaccination x
Posing outside the vets after her vaccination x
afternoon naps
afternoon naps
Natalie always brings healthy dog treats & toys for me xx
Natalie always brings healthy dog treats & toys for me xx
So yesterday Megan had a day out with us at Tilgate Park, always busy up there but Megan is such a fab walker and behaves beautifully in public meeting and greeting both people and dogs with ease I assumed she would be fine. She again had a great day met lots of off leash dogs even a few with no manners who ran up to her and she was more tense but still went for a proper sniff like a real dog so she has some doggy social skills. We then met a pack of six calm gorgeous greyhounds with such a calm energy, Megan just fed off it and had a fab sniff waggy tails all round whilst I had a chat with the owners.
Day out at the park x
Day out at the park x
Before she met the server haha
Before she met the server haha
IMG_8913.JPG
We only had a slight problem when foster mummy and daddy decided to have lunch at Smith and Westerns, Megan decided she had a beef with our server and let it be known that he made her very nervous. However I dont blame her the servers are scary and dress like cowboys with big hats and it was just too much for our little girl. Ive not seen her react like that so it just reminded me that although her confidence is normally high when outdoors maybe she still needs that guidance and help from her humans introducing her to new situations. We took turns walking her away then bringing her back towards the outdoor seating area of the restaurant so that she was far enough away that she didnt feel threatened but could see that server and eventually she was rolling round in the grass so she was redirected but at a distance. If we got too close to the cowboy again she would give a nervous bark.
paddling xx
paddling xx
selfie x
selfie x
To finish off we took her to the golf restuarant for a drink, I wanted to see if it was the server or the costume that scared her. We got served our drinks and Megan sat by the table as good as gold. Golfers were going in and out to collect equipment, get in golf buggies etc and Megan did not bat an eyelid she was friendly and calm so I think it was 100% the cowboy outfit so no cowboys need apply for this girl :D
in the golf cart x
in the golf cart x
xx
xx
IMG_8930.JPG
Megan is a cuddle monster on the sofa, proper head on your shoulders style ..very calm in the home but loves a garden to run around and chase all her toys. She my little star ...and im sure her forever family will enjoy learning with her ..she is so much fun to be around :smiley-gen132.gif:
playing in the garden
playing in the garden
VAL

Re: Megan Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by VAL »

I walked Megan today. Although she was unknown to me, she looked so forlorn in her kennel that I had to take her out. Sitting quiet and still, she obviously had me down as a softie. As soon as I entered the kennel with treats and ready for a relaxing cuddle, I received the full Megan excited welcome of kisses and cuddles. Of course, it was only when I read this thread that I realized that she hadn't been deprived of affection but has had the most wonderful fostering!
Megan really is as beautiful as she looks in the pictures. She's full of life but perfectly manageable. She walked calmly alongside Liquorice, ignored the horse we passed and paddled in the stream without fuss. When we got back she was treated with pieces of cheese for being such a good girl!
Pagers13

Post by Pagers13 »

I'm so happy to read this Val was worried when I left her on Tuesday to come to work as she went into different kennels bless her..So annoying this work stuff interfering with my fostering :D

Thank u for looking after her ..she deserves lots of TLC such a fantastic girl literally coming along leaps and bounds so I'm confident when she finds her forever family she is going to blossom even more xxx
Pagers13

Post by Pagers13 »

Megan has been staying over again much to my cats annoyance, no change in her energy...in fact the more I see her the more convinced I am that she 100% needs to be in a home without felines. In the last three weeks we've fostered her even if she seen a cat on her walk three weeks ago she can still remember where it was and always pulls or looks for it expecting it to be in the same spot.
IMG_8980.JPG
5 mins after she arrived..think she remembers this sofa x
5 mins after she arrived..think she remembers this sofa x
paws crossed for her family
paws crossed for her family
I just think its in her DNA she love love loves to chase and play with anything that moves, I could drag a piece of string along the floor and Megan would chase it..Trying to sweep my floor was fun :biggrin.gif: Megan followed my broom all over the place.. not grabbing or anything just chasing and pouncing when it stops. She really is a little bundle of joy.
IMG_9076.JPG
She was also left alone this week for about an hour in her crate, kong and toys in there and she settled fine. I returned and had a peek in dining room window before I entered to see what she was up to and she was laying down so all signs point to that she was happy enough. She is not needy but loves human contact and I defo got a big miss you cuddle. She is just a smasher baring in mind we dont know if she had ever seen or been used to a crate before in such a short time she has come along so well.
On Sunday we met my friends and their dogs for a little walk at the park. She was fantastic met all the dogs with grace even when Dolly the miniature schnauzer (my friends are babysitting) had a little bark.. Megan just wagged and gave her space until Dolly came back for calm intros. The four of them then trotted along having a great afternoon. Met several off leash dogs, all well behaved I must add but again Megan greeted them with ease. Think she was even accused of flirting with an old chocolate lab called Frank.. ;)
Meeting the gang x
Meeting the gang x
IMG_9018.JPG
High ten for Megan
High ten for Megan
Then she remembered her manners and sat beautifully x
Then she remembered her manners and sat beautifully x
Megan took a dislike to a motorcyclist who was behind us at traffic lights today. She had a little deep bark at him . He had a big jet black helmet and she couldnt see his face so think helmets and hats scare her a little. My hubby has had a cap on though and she is completely fine so could be these big hats just make her nervous and she needs more exposure to let her know she is safe.
encouraging me to nap in the afternoon oopss
encouraging me to nap in the afternoon oopss
This girl just needs her home now, she stays with me on my days off from work. It has become obvious the more she stays, the more relaxed and receptive Megan becomes as she thrives on routine and consistency. She has such a calm energy in the home, which is fabulous for such a young staff.. doesnt get overexcited. Once outside woo hoo off she goes. Loves chasing her ball and rope toys in the garden. FYI any runners out there Megan loves a run, runs alongside you fab it doesnt need to be far she just like a sprint competition, and when she wins she expects her treat. She has indoor and outdoor toys here and plays with them all appropriately.
IMG_9046.JPG
IMG_9056.JPG
Megan used to have a little stress cough so she has been receiving honey with her breakfast and coconut oil in her dinner and I have to say ive heard no cough and her coat is gleaming. She is all set, I work away from home so unfortunately when I go to work she has to return to kennels and I feel like I am unsettling her routine so please if you have room in your heart consider this fabulous all round beauty and give her the life she deserves and a permanent sofa for her little paws, no doubt she will love you forever..
IMG_9057.JPG
I make no apologies for the amount of pics she is just so beautiful that every time I turn round I want to take her pic :smiley-gen132.gif:
What a face xx
What a face xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”