In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Nessa American Bulldog DOB 07.07.07 - 2nd Sept 23

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Originally posted Tue Jul 17, 2012 by xxlynne
Current Status: Homed

Nessa10.jpg
Nessa.jpg
Homing Requirements: Nessa needs a family to affirm her loveliness and to teach her self-worth. She can get concerned around strangers outside so she needs to build trust and focus on trust building exercises, especially with men. She has spent two years in kennels and enjoys foster weekend alternate weeks. She is a real favourite with all the volunteers and kennel staff... such a softy.

Her Story: Nessa was found stray and unclaimed; she is an older dog who has had puppies. Nessa has a sadness about her which seems to be coming more from her background rather than current circumstances. She is neutered, fully vax'd and chipped. Nessa is currently in kennels in Gatwick

Advert: Nessa has a tremendous sense of fun about her once she forgets her cares. We are giving her a lot of acknowledgement, reassurance and emotional support. She walks well on the lead; she gets concerned with other dogs but will settle. Nessa needs an adult family who will work with her and take some of her cares away. She is very affectionate and a favourite with her kennel staff.

Nessa is an American Bulldog around 8 years old. She is mainly white with a few well-placed black splodges for effect! She has good hearing and is in good health. She has a few lumps but our vets have not been concerned with these. She needs a low dog density area, and is happy to wear a muzzle. Nessa needs support in meeting visitors in her home so she can begin life again. Loving Family Required: Apply Here!

Interested in homing Nessa?
Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire so we can match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available to foster until a 'forever home' is found.

For full details and daily updates on all our dogs available for homing, [url=http://rescueremediesdogrescue.co.uk]click our forum link.[/url] Nessa is also featured on http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk

***PLEASE NOTE: Our mission is to find every dog in our care its forever home. Our Rescue requires a minimum £175 donation for each dog at the time of adoption. These funds allow us to continue to help homeless dogs.***

Nessa86.jpg

Nessa97.jpg

Nessa82.jpg

NessaSept7.JPG

See Nessa's thread below. Watch her progress through our Rescue.

Original Referral Details: Initial Assessment Jun 12: White Brindle Patch SBTX Female ?5 yrs Avail 25/6/12 1st vax 26/6/12 No Chip Found Good bodily condition – overweight. Good with adults – not child tested. Good with dogs seems OK with cats but may be a bit OTT with them. Knows Sit and gives paw. Likes treats a ball and a tuggee. Playful girl………loves toys!!!! Lots of fun !! She’s had litters previously….would suit an active home…. Very nice dog

Nessa1.JPG

Nessa.JPG
Rescue Remedies

Re: Nessa American Bull dog DOB 07 Godstone Kenns

Nessa was spayed yesterday and John kindly collected her from the vets and delivered her to Gatwick N. She is seriously...lovely and can't wait for Charlie and Suzie, Sarah and all to meet.

Here she is a little bemused by her predicament and groggy from her operation but her beauty shines through
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rescue Remedies

My friend Paul and his son Joel assisted with walking today, so we walked Nessa. She is a well behaved calm lady. She sat while I put her harness on and was as good as gold. Very excited to be going out, but once we got out she was calm and collected, if a little camera shy!
She checks back on those she's walking with to make sure all is well, and when the leads got all a bit wrapped up she stopped and waited whilst we untangled ourselves.
She is a big girl, but her temperament is super and I can see her as a family dog. She needs to feel loved to make her shine, and she will be extremely bright when she does.

Rescue Remedies

Saturday was the first time I've had the pleasure of walking Nessa, she was very happy to be going out for a stroll on a gorgeous sunny day. We were pootling along, her on one end of the extender lead and me on the other, I was admiring how her lovely coat was so persil white and gleaming in the sunshine - we wandered past a big puddle, I decided to stop and let her have a drink as this walking malarkey is hot work - imagine my surprise when she literally threw her whole body into the puddle and proceeded to roll and roll and roll and then roll some more. She was having such a great time that I didn't have the heart to stop her :oops: she emerged like a creature from the black lagoon, dripping mud but don't worry she then rolled and rolled in the dust to coat herself evenly all over :laughing6: She had such a great time, little piglet :lalala:

Rescue Remedies

There should have been pictures of me trying to hose her off at the end of the walk, I thought being such a sunny day that she'd enjoy having a wash down, it consisted of me chasing her with a hosepipe, her thinking it was a great game and me getting absolutely soaked - luckily there was no-one around to laugh

Oh the JOY to spend so much time in Nessa's company yesterday. She has a liveliness and loveliness about her temperament. She is very aware and visually focused and can be apprehensive if she feels unsure but soon is assuaged to embrace and settle.

Video: Nessa observing 'Summer' walking in the field
Video: Nessa timeout in a late summer field

Rescue Remedies

I took Nessa today for about 4 hours, she was pleased to see i was ready with a harness when i got to her kennel, i got her harnessed up etc and off we went. Nessa is a superb car dog, she jumped in and sat upright in the passenger seat and was very alert watching the world go by as i drove to my house.

She licked my face occasionally when i stopped at the traffic lights which was sweet. We arrived at my house and i introduced her to Colleen and our visiting Grandkids, Nessa was typically excited for a few minutes and calmed very quickly, she got a few bits of cooked sausage as a treat from Colleen and then saw one of our cats on the table, Nessa stood up and made no attempt to be aggressive just inquisitive.

Nessa looked like she needed a little stretch so i let her off in our back garden, she trotted around for a while and added her little signature before coming back in the house

I walked my Grandson to his saturday tutor with Nessa through the park and she kept her nose down smelling everything, we came across a few dogs and two Labs were running nearby (about 20ft away), Nessa was curious but was fine.
We then took Nessa to the Happy Valley for a longer walk and she met a few walkers who were recieved calmly and happily, Nessa even let some smaller dogs come close and have a little contact, she was great.
Nessa really enjoyed her ramble and was easy to walk with.
We met a huge Rescue Remedies gang on the way out of kennels this morning and i we saw all of them on the way back this afternoon and i could see they had all put up with the horrible weather that Nessa enjoyed with Lewis and myself today (nice to meet all of you by the way).
Nessa climbed into her nice warm kennel bed on my return and laid down relaxed, that was lovely to see.

Nessa had a good shake to get the snow off.
Nessa started to have a little run around me in the snow so i tried to run with her for a little while, suffice to say i am no Usain Bolt but she enjoyed the little jog while it lasted.
I really enjoyed Nessa's company today.
Rescue Remedies

Our Barry definitely has a soft spot for American Bulldogs ...
Rescue Remedies

Nessa has really blossomed into a happy, friendly dog in the time she's been with us. She is walked by many different people, all of whom she loves - it makes me sad to see her still in kennels as i really think she is more than ready for her new home.

I walked her both Saturday and Sunday - she has such a lovely vibe about her, she's more comfortable around the other dogs and is truly a pleasure to walk. Saturday was a short walk and then a leg stretch in the paddock. Because i was walking on my own yesterday, i was able to give her the freedom of the extending lead which she loved, bouncing around everywhere and enjoying the various smells along the bridleway
Rescue Remedies

Just found these pictures on my phone and thought this gorgeous GENTLE girlie should be at the top of the page for a while
Please remove if they aren't ok :oops:
xxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”