Megan Staffie DOB 2013 Par, Cornwall

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Megan Staffie DOB 2013 Par, Cornwall

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Megan.jpg
Megan needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Megan came to us via a vets who had been approached as Megan's owner couldn't find a Rescue place for Megan. Megan is now neutered, chipped & fully vaccinated. Megan is currently in boarding kennels in Chessington whilst she looks for a new family.

Pretty little Staffie who arrived feeling lost but is finding herself with the love of our many volunteers. Gentle girl who seems well adjusted with dogs & meets them well. Connected with her handler & loves cuddles. Self contained & not whiny which is a surprise, reference all she has been through. Sadly she is scared of children Poppet

Visit Megan's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Megan6.jpg
Megan's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Call from a vets as Megan's owner had talked to them about costs to be put to sleep as she was unable to keep and couldn't find anyone to take Megan.
johnfowle

Re: Megan Staffie DOB 2013 Godstone Kenns

Post by johnfowle »

Megan was in T Wells following her spay for about ten days. She is a very friendly and affectionate girl with lovely markings, a little reserved when meeting new dogs but fine once she realises they are not a threat. She was extremely popular with our dog walkers, being requested virtually every morning. She walks extremely well and keeps a focus on her walker. She will make a most worthy companion.
Tim

Post by Tim »

We met the friendly Megan yesterday - here's a short video of Megan playing in the paddock; Photos to follow
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Post by Tim »

As promised a few photos of the beautiful Megan;

She's so photogenic and very friendly too
untitled.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-6.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
untitled-8.jpg
untitled-2.jpg
untitled-10.jpg
untitled-11.jpg
untitled-12.jpg
She really is such a sweetie xx

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Megan is beautiful with a nature to match. She has a lovely, glossy coat but refused to tell which conditioner she uses :D She's very affectionate and gives cuddles like only a staffy can. We enjoyed a game of fetch.....only I done most of the fetching and Megan done the chasing. She knows sit, paw, other paw and took treats very gently. She had a bark at a passing squirrel - made me jump - she has a really deep bark for a little lady :biggrin.gif: She did try and give gentle love nips but listened to the word no instantly - good girl. Thoroughly enjoyed spending time with her. Xx
Megan90.jpg
Megan92.jpg
Megan93.jpg
Helenisca

Post by Helenisca »

I walked Megan last weekend , and she was a lovely girl o walk, I would say she is full of energy, she is a very young lady and sometimes it seemed I was with a puppy girl! at the paddock she really enjoyed playing with the ball!!!! she wanted all! it was so funny, we had a really good time! :D :D

megan.jpg

megan2.jpg

megan3.jpg
Pagers13

Post by Pagers13 »

Got little Megan with us till Sunday while Im off work so thought id update with how her first day/night has been.
Beautiful girl
Beautiful girl
She arrived yesterday morning full of beans and excitement. Travelled exceptionally well in the car just settled in the back seat and curled up. Megan is a little buddle of joy and watching her walk around, tail wagging sniffing out her new surroundings was so lovely to witness.

Stopped at pets at home and picked Megan up a welcome to our home pressie in the shape of a Kong dinosaur and im pleased to say I made the right choice as its barely left her side since she unwrapped it :D
she loved her dino xx
she loved her dino xx
IMG_8596.JPG
IMG_8618.JPG
IMG_8609.JPG
We had a quick walk in the morning as weather was horrendous ..most of her first day was a duvet day until it brightened up in the evening, Megan is 100% housetrained and let us know when she was needing the garden though throughout the day.
chilling x
chilling x
IMG_8635.JPG
She plays so nicely with her toys and loves her ball but was not overly boisterous in the house. She is always game to please and is treat focused so easy to train little dog. Infact I believe she would slot into a household with ease.
IMG_8599.JPG
In the evening we took Megan for a nice long walk, weather had brightened and she is great to walk. Pulled slightly at the start however a check on the lead and she walked to heal nicely. She sits at the road, waits for your command and then I rewarded her with a treat. She picked this up like a pro so a pocket full of treats with Megan and she is putty in your hands.
sitting in the sun
sitting in the sun
watching the ducks
watching the ducks
IMG_8631.JPG
Those who know me however know that I have two other residents in the household in the shape of two british blue cats now here is where the fun starts. Hubby had the day off work so after we tired Megan out with a walk we orchestrated the meet. Hubby on one side of mesh baby gate with a cat and I was on the other with Megan. It was not the picture perfect first meet ;) Megan was very very excited and this in turn scared the cats so they wouldnt come out the room and this made Megan want to see them more haha.
cuddles for Megan and a much needed glass of wine for me haha
cuddles for Megan and a much needed glass of wine for me haha

To be honest though I do believe this may be something that could be changed or worked on in the future as I did not see any aggression on Megan's part but she was just a bit too much for my two boys and lets be fair she had had a whirlwind of new experiences in one day. We tried another once in the evening but her energy didnt change much and even a treat was not breaking her focus from the cats so the kitties were banished to the bedroom to allow Megan to forget about her furry friends and do some more sofa surfing
IMG_8634.JPG
pretty much the position for the evening x
pretty much the position for the evening x
I have Megan for five days so we are going to continue to work with her with the cat situation, today we have started with some site swapping and this has worked well ...its allowing the cats to get used to her scent and vice versa. We are going to use the crate this afternoon just to help my boys confidence and they can see that her excitement is nothing to fear...Not sure if Megan had ever seen a crate before but Ive started gradually with kong treats inside and door open and she has been going in and out with ease.
first lay down in crate
first lay down in crate
IMG_8666.JPG
Going to leave it at that for the day and introduce door closed and possible cats again tomorrow I'll see how she is with door closed and take it from there .. so watch this space.

So to sum her this little girl is an absolute gem of a dog, whoever adopts Megan is going to be one lucky human. She has taken everything Ive thrown at her in her stride and seems to understand what I ask of her very quickly. This girl has had a busy day of new experiences and has handled them all with grace..So proud of this little girl
IMG_8646.JPG
Gosh Ive found another fav...Oh and as I sit here typing Megan has got tired of waiting on me returning to sofa and has taken herself inside her crate for a sleep ..result :D :crossfingers.gif:
snoozing xx
snoozing xx
Tim

Post by Tim »

So glad to hear Megan is settling in - the photo of her on her back does it for me - how chilled is she :)
Tim

Pagers13

Post by Pagers13 »

She's fabulous Tim, it's a lot for her to take in. New house, new walks, new smells, CATS :D but she's been pretty close to the perfect house guest :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:
Pagers13

Post by Pagers13 »

Day 3 with the marvellous Megan started with a lay in this morning.. she didnt stir till 8am .. First thing she did was pop to garden for a good roll around which along with playing ball and cuddling dinosaur toys seems to be considered in her fav pass times.
how to kick start ur morning - ROLL AROUND PAWS IN AIR
how to kick start ur morning - ROLL AROUND PAWS IN AIR
IMG_8675 (1).JPG
IMG_8680.JPG
she turned her nose up at breakfast.. however after I added some tuna and rice seemed to have a change of heart and got stuck in.. Afterwards we went for a nice long walk, it was a fab morning and Megan is an absolute pleasure to walk, one of the best dogs Ive ever walked to be honest. She is an absolute star nothing and I mean nothing fazes her and she constantly looks to you as her handler for guidance never venturing far in front and always looking back. She sits so sweet at the side of the road and sometimes even offers her paw which Ive seen many a motorist smile at. They are so captivated by her most stop and let us cross as they cant take their eyes off sweet Megan. She wags her tail happily as people pass and has the most amazing little trot..tail in the air growing with confidence by the day. What a start to the day it is when she is around, you cant help but feel happy just watching her.

We had lovely long walk last night in the evening and on way home were met with 6 dogs all together with one owner, 3 of which started acting out barking, twirling on the lead and Megan stuck her little nose in the air and walked by as if nothing was happening ..wagging away ... almost no reaction at all except she was maybe thinking whats your problem haha... :D :D
Last nights stroll in the woods x
Last nights stroll in the woods x
For me the only negative(if you can really call it that) is her energy around my cats but as my friend says ...its my own stupid fault for owning cats haha :biggrin.gif: we have done only one meet per day and her energy is not changing still very high, overexcited and just too focused for my liking. Its strange as when out on walks she is not bothered one bit, interested but not overly focused. From my experience in the past my other dogs would be friends with cats in the home but would chase them outside, Megan seems to be the opposite but I hate to admit defeat so I wouldn't give up on her maybe having a cat friend one day ...who knows. Its a difficult one to call as she sleeps in the hall next to the room the cats are in lol I cant tell if she hoping one might accidentally slip out and play or if she genuinely is just fascinated by it all..However, Latte and Silva both agree for now she needs work in this area ha and stayed firmly tucked away in the bedroom x :crossfingers.gif:

After our walk last night Megan had a bath, another task which she took in her stride..she did give me sad puppy dog eyes whilst stood in there but when she felt and smelt her lovely soft fur afterwards I thing she forgave me and we spent the rest of the evening cuddled together on the sofa in our snuggies. :smiley-gen078.gif:
loved her towel dry
loved her towel dry
look how dinky she looks - fresh after her bath
look how dinky she looks - fresh after her bath
snuggled up with dino watching movies
snuggled up with dino watching movies
adorable
adorable
Shes done great with the crate, first time this morning with the door closed for 30 mins only while I showered and not a peep from her. She stayed inside with kong bone and received a big fuss for doing so. No more today just may do a few treat sessions with door open.
IMG_8682 (1).JPG
IMG_8688 (1).JPG
Megan is a super amazing girl, she gives real cuddles too ...paws either side of neck with head resting against yours.. she loves hugs and is very sweet and affectionate. She is ready and waiting for that special human who is going to get lucky having her around forever, she has so much to give :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:
IMG_8704 (1).JPG
Last edited by Pagers13 on Tue 08 Sep 2015 12:35, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”