Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Enfield, Middlesex

Post by xxlynne »

Thank you Cilla, Frankie and Freyja...when John wrote his announcement I first read it that your horse was called Gosh... :D (Its a name that will be used in the near future for the right dog!)

Take it slowly and build up the trust bonds..with all our good wishes

Hugs and thanks to John and "the Tunbridge Wells mob" but also Tracey

...Rollo you have come a long way our belief in you has manifested in self belief LOVE YOU!
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

Be happy sweetheart. :smiley-gen132.gif:
cilla

Post by cilla »

Hi!
I am testing out posting photos. Three dogs walking together! It's hard work and quite like weight lifting keeping hold of all three lol.
Rollo is settling in slowly but surely. Freyja has been sweet but Frank is resentful and the pair of them occasionally fight but no blood has been drawn so it's ok. Rollo has met both my sons and their girlfriends. I have a lodger too who has been accepted by Rollo.
Rollo the delinquent teenager has already decided most cars are not worth barking at, as are some people. Bicycles and scooters are fair game for the time being. He learned today that trying to bite the vacuum cleaner was not what good dogs do and will soon be ok with that. Initially he didn't want to eat but after a couple of days he was hungry. I also realised he didn't like eating on his own so tentatively let him eat with the other two and he ate all his dinner that night. He wasn't too impressed by the raw diet but he is keener now as I slowly mixed it with his kibble. I hide his tennis balls in the evening to encourage him to chill out as he is very manic playing with them...or should that be destroying them! He has discovered the joys of bones which keep him busy and calm.
Life seemed so quiet and boring before he joined the pack! he's a challenge but nothing time. love and patience won't change.
Will post more later x
cilla

Post by cilla »

Warning...... picture heavy post lol x

The three amigos x

Frank and Rollo sleeping
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Unbelievably wonderful post/pictures, what a trio!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Thankyou for the update, Rollo looks like he's thoroughly enjoying himself and am sure your hard work and wonderful input will reap rewards, you and yours are so what Rollo needed, thankyou thankyou thankyou and please remember you can never have too many pictures, we delight in them !
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Love these updates keep them coming Cilla!
cilla

Re: Rollo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Derbyshire

Post by cilla »

I am so so sorry for not updating for such a long time!
We do have a good excuse....I closed my business, sold my house and we moved to Derbyshire back in January!
Rollo is continuing to make progress. He and Frank still fight now and again and Rollo has ended up at the vets once with an infected bite on his paw but they settle their differences less violently lately. Rollo and Freyja even play chase now and again which is very funny.
All three dogs are loving this new life. Freyja is getting really old and sleeps most of the time but Frank and Rollo come for long walks exploring the moors and rivers. Rollo has taught frank to like the rivers and not be scared of water.

I decided to wean Rollo off toys, especially balls to calm him down and it's worked really well. I also recently got him a 'Thunder shirt' which has made an enormous immediate difference. He is so much calmer but we still use a muzzle on walks. He can walk past people and bikes without barking and has stopped lunging at cars and lorries. Mostly! When he has his shirt on he even stops barking at the birds and the neighbours in their gardens.

About a month ago Rollo started to ask to sit on my lap then began licking my chin and is showing more and more affection every day. He has learned to sit, lie and stay, speak and whisper lol. He still steals my shoes and socks, plastic bags and paintbrushes (which is a problem when I 'm trying to paint my new house lol). He knows where the treats are in every room too lol. He no longer shreds the post but just leaves teeth marks in the letters and he doesn't like sheep or horses.

Rollo is still a challenge but when he snuggles up to me the other side to Frank on my bed, or sleeps on my lap I know he loves me as much as I love him. He really is a honey despite his issues.

I will try to update some more photos and keep the updates coming. x
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Wonderfu;l update sounds a wonderful move Cilla away from the 'big smoke' lovely update full of promise as you settle in Derbyshire such fun!
cilla

Post by cilla »

We are living a totally different life..living the dream really. I spend a lot of time doing my house up, walking the dogs and spend time with my horse, riding in this stunning countryside. Perfect.

x

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”