Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Bridgnorth Shropshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Bridgnorth Shropshire

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF7069.jpgLouie.jpg
Louie's Story: Louie had two owners before coming to our Rescue. His first elderly owner had to move into a nursing home, and then his second owners moved abroad and couldn't take him. Louie was then returned to a council pound and unclaimed. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Louie is not for cats, small furries or small children. He needs support when meeting new dogs. Louie is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Louie was in boarding kennels near Guildford and in regular foster as an only pet in Aldershot whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance, and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
LOUIE1.jpga.jpg
DSCF7046.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF7075.jpglouie.jpg
louie1arps20190601_091748_386.jpg
Louie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Thank you for agreeing to help Louie: He is fully vax (inc KC). No health issues. He originally belonged to an elderly man who went onto a home and was no longer able to keep him, he owned him from a puppy. He was homed about 8 months ago and has lived with other dogs previously, house trained, ok to be left a few hours, good in the car and on lead and returned due to owners then moving abroad. Not used to small kids, not got a strong prey drive but not trusted around cats; ignores livestock when on lead. Tx
Louie.jpg
Louie2.jpg
Louis.jpg
Louis2.jpg
anne

Re: Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of meeting little Louie on Monday. He is a very sweet, happy, trusting boy who was happy to be trotting out into the sunshine by my side. He is easy to manage and loves a bit of fuss and cuddles. He was very patient while I sat with him to take some photos because he really just wanted to be getting on with his walk and investigating all there was to be seen, smelt and found around the woods.
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF7049.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF7053.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF7061.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF7070.jpglouie.jpg
DSCF7079.jpglouie.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

What a pleasure it was to meet Louie this morning, such a chilled out lad and so friendly. He walks really well on the lead no pulling, he is not interested in other dogs. He sits nicely for a treat and enjoys a cuddle. He is going to be really popular with the walkers. Louie would make a wonderful addition to the right family angel13.gif]
Lexi

Re: Louie Patterdale DofB 01.07.10 Guildford Kenns

Post by Lexi »

I met Louie for the first time today and completely fell in love with him. He’s soooo super tiny and dinky, with the cutest little face and his ears flap when he walks 💕

He doesn’t pull at all on the lead, seemed a little bit nervous of some other dogs and bikes but he’s not been with us for very long so not surprising!

Louie is really chilled out and loves a cuddle. He’s not very licky or slobbery, just like to squish up next to you or on you for some rubs! He even let me pick him up like a little baby 💕

Louie would love to be a part of your family! Please consider completing the homing questionnaire for this little man
2D76F4EF-BDB6-4BF7-80A9-DEB0400B9C46.jpeg
2A76FA5C-39AB-42BF-BFB9-0D7AEE2100C0.jpeg
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Louie has clearly come from a loving home environment, he's super affectionate and well behaved walking with his kennel mates. He needs careful management around groups of people which could fluster him, but would be a super little companion.
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

I met and walked Louie today. He’s so handsome. He wears a muzzle as he will make a lunge towards some dogs. He’s a feisty but delicious little Patt .
We had some cuddles in his kennel and I could see he was getting to know as I was him . Look forward to walking him again
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Louie is getting plenty of walks these days and is coming along well. He prefers a calm dog to walk with, and then he parallel walks as good as gold. He does like a bark at other dogs out and about and he'll have a little lunge at the odd jogger, bike etc. as he's a terrier through and through. Never had such good cuddles, he's such a sweet and loyal companion.
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Louie is getting lots of regular walks these days and is coming on really well. He's become calmer around other dogs, just a little bark and then he quickly moves on. He's also better around strangers. He just needs a tighter lead and some reassuring chat from his walker as people go past and he's good as gold. Still gives dorable cuddles while gazing into your eyes. Lovely, loyal boy.
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

My first time walking Louie today and what a lovely boy he is. He was very happy to be going out for a walk and gave me a lovely greeting on entering his kennel. He walked easily for me, curious about any potential squirrel hiding in the trees but no pulling on the lead, just an inquisitive look and off we went again. Louie was good at responding to any verbal guidance and absolutely loved a gentle scratch on his back, stretching his little legs out which was super cute. I'm sure this little chap will bring lots of smiles to his new owner, I hope he doesn't have to wait too long!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”