Rocco Staffie DofB 28.02.15 Leatherhead Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Rocco Staffie DofB 28.02.15 Leatherhead Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
rocco2.jpga.jpg
Rocco's Story: Rocco was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Rocco is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Rocco was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
rocco1.jpga.jpg
Rocco's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Rocco is a 3yo neutered staffy x ambull, a Winchester stray, picked up towards the end of August. They kept him a bit longer at the pound kennels as there was KC there and wanted to be sure he was clear. We received him into kennels about 5 weeks ago.
From the dog warden:
“Rocco was born 28.02.15 and has had three owners in this time. The registered keeper got him when he was 1yr old and had him for just over a year. She gave him up as she lived in a small flat and he kept on escaping and was too energetic for her. She did however have him neutered. The most recent owners had him for 2-3 months and he has been handed in at the vets as a stray many times and has been in our kennels 3 times. Fees have been paid to get him back on two occasions which were paid by the registered keeper and now they don’t want him back. Rocco is a nice bouncy friendly dog with people. A S&S
Rocco.jpg
Rocco1.jpg
Rocco2.jpg
lucyloo

Re: Rocco Staffie DofB 28.02.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by lucyloo »

I stopped in my tracks yesterday when I walked along the run and found Rocco. Oh what a cute little bubba he is.
Rob T

Post by Rob T »

Oh I like this boy.
I only took him to the paddock and walked him round the field, but he was easy on the leads and showed no aggression towards his very noisy kennel mates on leaving the enclosure.
He is very affectionate and likes treats which he takes gently.
A great traditional Staffie.
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

50C3AC3A-5D30-44AB-A2F9-24B6800F54AC.jpeg
411CB713-7B09-4CDD-95DB-02F754C5DEEC.jpeg
0C899C91-C335-4656-8FAB-C00EE6712E24.jpeg
🐶 ROCCO - available to adopt 🐶

I met Rocco on Saturday for the Christmas walk - I was greeted with lots of excitement and energy!! He hopped into the boot, but immediately climbed over the chairs to get in the front!

On the walk he was quite barky and pully - however probably due to the massive amount of other dogs around!! I found that on later walks at home he was a lot calmer, he likes to run and snuffle through the long grass.

Where Rocco really shone was in the house. He settled in minutes, hopping on to the sofa for cuddles and kisses. He’s a gentle soul, letting me kiss his cheeks even though we’d just met!

He was great with his food, letting me move his bowl while he was eating from it. He took treats ever so gently and did not try to steal me food!

He asks to go out with a little grumble, there were no accidents 🙂

At night, he happily hopped into bed between me and my partner, and slept with his head on my pillow 😂 I woke up to a little doggy nose on my chin and a tiny kiss.

He really was perfect all round!! If you think he’s a cutie, get your forms in quick! I can see him being adopted fast 💕🤞🏻
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

What a stunner. Lexi thank you for giving him a break. I love the pics. xxxxxxx love4.gif love4.gif
xxlynne

Re: Rocco Staffie DofB 28.02.15 Leatherhead Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Kerrie and Simon were so excited to finally be in the position of about to adopt their very own pooch! Rocco stole their hearts in fact from the moment they saw his picture and their eyes met his.

Rocco is now off and out and going to have a wonderful life Thank you
IMG_3096.JPG
Rocco1.JPG
Rocco4.JPG
Rocco2.JPG
Our thanks goes to Lexi also for offering time into reaquaint with being in a home and set him up to succeed.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”