Archie (Ezra) Patterdale DofB 01.18 London W4

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Archie (Ezra) Patterdale DofB 01.18 London W4

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0281.jpgezra.jpg
Ezra's Story: Ezra was taken to a vet to be put to sleep after 'nipping' during rough play. The family had only had him two weeks. The vets refused to put him to sleep and sorted out a Rescue place with us. They also neutered, chipped and vaccinated him before he came to us. Rescue Remedies offered an emergency Rescue place saving his life. Ezra was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0288.jpgezra.jpg
DSCF0280.jpgezra.jpg
DSCF0289.jpgezra.jpg
DSCF0282.jpgezra.jpg
Ezra's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
16.12.18: Hi - I work at a vets & we had a staffie x brought in yesterday for PTS as he had bitten. On arrival it transpired that the dog had only been with them for 2 weeks & had nipped during rough play the two children & an adult. The Owner has signed him over to us but we now need to find somewhere for him to go. He is microchipped but the chip is unregistered. I wasn't at work yesterday & haven't met him yet but apparently he is a lovely boy. Would you have any space available for him? Mx
anne

Re: Ezra Crossbreed DofB 01.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Ezra is very confused and worried at the moment having just found himself in rescue. I met him out walking with Sarah this morning and he shows his feelings in his worried little face. He was happy to accept comforting cuddles from Sarah and to make friends with me too. Early days for this little chap but he has a lovely gentle vibe and hopefully he will settle and won't have to spend too long waiting for his new forever home.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Having a puppy PTS for nipping in play!!!! What a despicable thing to do, I'm so glad a sensible vet intervened, because I'm so lucky to have met this little chap today, he is so adorable. In his kennel, Ezra hid in his bed and did not want to come out and play. The noise of dogs barking was deafening this morning and he was terrified. I sat in his bed with him and fed him sausages, then after he laid his head in my lap and looked up at me with those eyes, I was smitten. Ezra then followed me outside and we had a lovely walk. He stuck so close to me, with his chin on my leg, I felt like
We were in one of those obedience shows! I also nearly tripped over him a few times as he was so close, bless him. Ezra is now a fan of the poets hut, and he was straight in my lap, kissing me and giving me cuddles. We sat for ages like that. He is a soft and gentle boy and very in tune with me. He is a darling baby who needs an owner who knows how to raise a puppy! I hope this is soon because kennels is no place for this sweetheart.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Walkies with sweetheart Ezra on Friday xxx

love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Ezra is a special soul. He hid in his bed again this morning when I went in to see him. He was happy to accept cuddles and tummy rubs and after a while I coaxed him out for a walk. Once out, he trots along happily but his favourite thing is cuddles and we sat on the bench in the woods and Ezra cuddled up close. We could have sat like that all day, he is so warm and cuddly and snuggly. Ezra is one of those dogs you lose your heart to and I hope he is snapped up into his forever home quickly, away from the stress of kennels which he is finding so difficult.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

So I got to take the adorable Ezra for his Christmas walk today. It was the first time I’d met him but he was so happy to see me (and my cheese) he greeted me like a long lost friend and we were quickly off on our walk. The walk however did not last long as Ezra spied the poets hut and made a beeline for it knowing he’d get cuddles which are clearly his favourite thing. All Ezra wants to do is get as close to you as possible and the moment I sat down he squashed himself in close and he would have been very happy to stay there all day.

To say this boy is terrified of the noise in kennels is an understatement. At the end of our walk on returning him to the kennels he was so scared of the noise he tried to bolt in the other direction.

Ezra is still nothing more than a puppy and is not wise in the ways of the world at all. I actually bought this gorgeous boy home with me as he tugged on my heart strings so much. Unfortunately whilst one resident dog Jessie was prepared to give him a go Roscoe took an unusual but instant strong dislike to Ezra and so it was with a very heavy heart I had to take him back to the safety of a quieter kennel.

From Ezra’s brief visit I can say though that I’m not sure he has spent much time in a home as he was very hyper and also scared of many normal household items such as mirrors (he kept barking at his reflection), sofa’s being alone etc. So much so he even joined me in the shower rather than being apart from a human. Ezra is an intelligent boy who bonds quickly and despite his hyperactivity still listens nd responds to some basic commands, like wait, stop, sit.

It would be so amazing to see this boy in a home as with training he will make an amazing addition. Despite his incoming story I didn’t see a boy wanting to nip but instead just a puppy not yet knowing the boundaries of play and so I really hope his special human comes real soon. The only real negative I would say I saw is he’s too interested in cats as we saw several today and he was far too interested in all of them.
8678D45C-722C-43A5-A53F-6D359D275F54.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Ezra is a very lovely dog indeed. He is in a kennel away from the block now, so is not hiding in his bed anymore. He was happily playing in his run when I went to him today and was met with the most lovely cuddles. I could sit and cuddle Ezra all day, he is such a sweetheart. We went for a long walk with Kim and Daisy today. When Ezra first saw Daisy he acted a bit sill at first, jumping all over the place but soon settled as we walked on and the two dogs walked side by side with no issues and had a couple of nose meetings. After that, each dog we met, Ezra had no reaction to. He walks beautifully on the lead and is very in tune when you speak to him and is willing to please. The right home will get a very nice dog who is trainable and affectionate.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Ezra has stolen my heart love4.gif

We headed off on the woodland walk and Ezra wanted to go into the poets hut for some cuddles, who was I to say no !!!
56E2927B-21A5-420B-BE8C-C96166648FE2.jpeg
AF820BC6-879A-470B-8959-2BF4880E2783.jpeg

After a lovely time there we headed off for more walkies, Ezra’s tail held high and confident and walking with enthusiasm which was lovely, he met Charlie walker too and loved to say hi, he’s an absolute beauty xxx
DB4846ED-EE7B-4D76-8EA1-17B400C2DC02.jpeg
DBFA1472-537A-4C40-ACEF-120CC6DAAA1B.jpeg
love4.gif angel13.gif] love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Having met Ezra with Anne on Thursday I was determined to walk him and I got my wish today. I am totally smitten with this little boy, he is so obviously still a puppy and desperate for cuddles, but he walked very very well on the lead too. He was very excited to meet Nyla who was joining us for a walk with Geoff, but we had to keep a little distance between them because Ezra just wanted to play!! Ezra does not seem to have had much experience in the outside world. He was a bit unsure of traffic but settled very quickly after two or three vehicles had passed. He was fascinated by the sheep in the field we passed, but his biggest passion is people, he wanted to say hello to e eryone we passed! This little boy needs to be in a home, learning about the world from the security of a loving family. He went back into his kennel quite happily ( it’s separate from the main block and much quieter for him) but he didn’t want me to leave him, and that made me feel so sad. I really pray this little one gets scooped up soon. Xxxx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I haven't met a single person who has met Ezra and not fallen for him. He really is a darling dog and still just a puppy. I took him to the paddock today where he loved having a good sniff around. Bearing in mind he is very young, I played with him and tried to see if he would get too excited or rough (or even nippy)!!! I honestly could not get him to play rough , he is just so gentle and calm. I have put my hands in his food and on toys he was playing with and there is no malice in this lovely boy, no guarding or snatching. All he wants to do is cuddle. Ezra is a very easy dog to walk, he doesn't pull or misbehave. I cannot fault him. He needs his family now, a family who will let him be a dog and just love him and show him the world.
image.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”