Stitch (Barney) Staffie DofB ?2016 Southwick, West Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF9741.jpgbarney.jpg
Barney's Story: Barney was in and out of kennels whilst his owner attended court cases. His owner was then imprisoned. Barney had nowhere to go, so was signed over into our ownership. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Barney is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Barney was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9730.jpgbarney.jpg
DSCF9743.jpgbarney.jpg
DSCF9734.jpgbarney.jpg
Barney's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
24.11.18: Hi Lynne, Here are pictures of Barney, sorry they are not great. I don’t know him very well as his stay has been relatively short at the kennels I work with, but he seems a perfect staffie lad. Thanks for giving him a space. VH x
Barney.jpg
Barney1.jpg
anne

Re: Barney Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

WOW, I only had to take one look at Barney yesterday and I was in love! He is a typical little staffie, small, stocky, handsome and ready and waiting for his homing party in his shirt and dinner jacket. All he needs is a bow tie. 0002.gif]
Barney was a little bewildered yesterday as he had only just arrived but he greeted everyone (he had quite a large welcoming party) with a tail wag and a cuddle. I have not seen a dog build a fan club so quickly. Having had a photos shoot Barney and I set off for a walk following Snowy and Gilly. Barney walked beautifully on the lead, seemed unbothered by other dogs, passing a couple without fuss, and was impeccably behaved.
DSCF9746.jpgbarney.jpg
DSCF9737.jpgbarney.jpg
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

Isnt he adorable?? He looks like he is wearing a dinner jacket?! x
theflowerarranger

Post by theflowerarranger »

love4.gif I’m in love. This lovely boy will have a home by Xmas I think. Very easy to walk although he doesn’t like getting any kind of undergrowth or prickles on his “dinner jacket”. He wasn’t sure about leading me and kept looking round for reassurance. Passed a German shepherd and then Simon without even acknowledging them. Very slack on the lead and a dream to walk. We went in the paddock where immediately off the lead he did several full length zoomies and then came for hugs. When I kissed him earlier he started doing Staffie speak. He’s a gorgeous all rounder. I think he may have lived with a greyhound previously as he did hundreds of circular zoomies round the judging stand thing in the paddock, after which he was so excited he got to the top of in only two steps!
theflowerarranger

Post by theflowerarranger »

I meant to add that I think he’s been looked after previously as his nails teeth and ears all look reasonably good and his manners are lovely
VAL

Post by VAL »

I was the lucky one to walk Barney today. Although he has only been at the kennels for a short while, he seemed quite relaxed (might have had something to do with the cheese I fed him!) and happy for me to clip on the leads and usher him outside. If you make a fuss of him, he will respond in like manner. He doesn't react to other people or dogs and walks calmly. I would love to take him out again but I have a feeling he won't be with us very long. I'm sure he will soon have a forever home waiting. :goodluck.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Barney Staffie DofB ?2016 Southwick, West Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

David, Natalie and family came with enthusiasm to help a Staffie. They so wanted to help a homeless Staffie having recently lost their little girl Staffie. Barney bowled the family over... Happy Christmas Barney and your new family! newyear.gif
Barneyhomed.JPG
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Fab news ! Be happy all
Tyler Samuel

Post by Tyler Samuel »

Hello
Its Tyler Samuel, We have just taken Barney into to our home and suspected him to be extremely young and would like to know his birth date much appreciated
Rescue Remedies_2

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Hi!

We hope that Barney is settling in well! Barney's microchip was unregistered when he came to us, so we have no record of his exact date of birth.

We estimated Barney's year of birth to be around 2016 (see the title bar at the top of his page and the title of each post). We make our estimates using the sometimes sketchy background knowledge that we have as well as by assessing the dog. Some Staffies can be quite energetic even into old age, so estimating age can be difficult! Further, many of our dogs come from quite an impoverished past and may not have had the opportunity to develop the skills they would have if they were brought up in stable homes. This makes estimating age difficult too.

Please feel free to ask any questions you like, and we will do our best to help!

We do hope that Barney is settling in well and fitting into his new family! Please post an update and photos when you get the chance!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”