Simon Staffie x Ambull DofB 2015 South London

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Simon Staffie x Ambull DofB 2015 South London

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed

Simon is our American Bulldog for AmBulldogRescue dog of the month for January 2019
DSCF9364.jpgsimon.jpg
Simon's Story: Simon came into us an emergency as his owner was retained by the police and his father could not hold him with his own dogs and cats. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Simon is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Simon was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9330.jpgsimon.jpg
DSCF9362.jpgsimon.jpg
DSCF9312.jpgsimon.jpg
Simon's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
14th November 18: Urgent phone call a man had taken in his son's dog as his son was arrested for drug dealing..Simon was not able to live with his cats and he needed a very urgent SAFE Rescue place for him: ie one which wouldn't put Simon to sleep.
Simon came into our Rescue on the 15th November 2018
Elliesmum

Re: Simon Staffie x Ambull DofB 2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

When I first went into Simons kennel this morning, he was very scared and was barking a lot. He avoided me for a few minutes but after a while, he let me stroke him and clip his leads on and we went for a walk. I was thinking he was very nervous and would have a difficult walk, but as soon as we were away from the kennel block and walking, he became my best friend. Within a few minutes, my opinion? WHAT A REALLY SMASHING DOG!
Simon doesn't pull, he loves a fuss, is obedient and does a lovely sit and paw. We met a few dogs on the way and he was keen to say hello in a friendly way. He is a strong boy and pulled a bit when he saw squirrels (like most dogs) and when he wanted to be near other dogs, but really, a super walk with a super boy. I let him run in the paddock and he was very affectionate and cuddly too. He did not want to go back to his kennel, so felt sorry for him as he is obviously finding kennels bewildering at the moment. Sorry I didn't manage to get any photos.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

Simon's nerves were apparent when I entered his kennel last Friday but once out and about he felt more confident and was happy to make friends, especially if you had some yummy treats. He had attention from lots of walkers while he was having his photoshoot and I think he is building quite a fan club. Simon is handsome and friendly but with an air of vulnerability about him at the moment.
DSCF9345.jpgsimon.jpg
DSCF9349.jpgsimon.jpg
DSCF9359.jpgsimon.jpg
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

WHAT A LOVELY LAD. He was very nervous when I first approached him but after throwing him a few pieces of cheese, I felt it was OK for me to go into his kennel and sit on his bed with him. He very gently took more cheese off me so when Charlie came by with more cheese, I was able to easily clip on leads. He was a lovely easy walk. He's a responsive boy and likes to keep checking that you are still there. Bless. As the walk went on he gained more confidence and was striding out but not pulling. We passed a few other dogs and he just showed mild curiosity. When we got back into his kennel, we had lovely cuddles and I got my face washed. love4.gif love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

A few more pics of Simon last Friday xxx
77CC0AEA-985B-4A31-A960-3B19972A2E27.jpeg
F6F9B4AE-521D-47CD-A43D-527308CA151D.jpeg
F4F0281A-F04E-499B-B140-ABA270218C3E.jpeg
Such a seeetheart love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RosC

Post by RosC »

I was lucky enough to walk with Simon today. He is absolutely stunning and such a kind, friendly boy too. Pleased to see me but still a little cautious, once I crouched down to his level he came straight over and licked my face love4.gif
Today we walked with Buddy who was walked by Beth. Simon preferred to be following and once little Buddy was in front he was quite brave and keen to get walking. The boys walked very well together. Super boy who is looking for his perfect family thumbs.gif angel13.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

I met Simon for the first time today, I was surprised to find that he wasn't as cautious or nervous as I thought he may be. I started by offering him some cheese which he didn't hesitate in accepting and then very easily attached his leads. It was very easy getting him out of the kennel block. He is well mannered and walks at a good pace without pulling. We did go past another dog out walking which Simon did stop to look at but didn't react and just carried on walking. He was very interested in the squirrels when walking through the woods but once he realised he couldn't chase them he carried on his way. When we got back to the kennels he was a bit reluctant to go back in but was soon persuaded with some more cheese. Simon really is a lovely boy with a fantastic temperament. I'll certainly look forward to walking him again. love4.gif
stuartportlock

Post by stuartportlock »

Went into his cage with Rebecca and he was so nervous with his little voice telling me he was scared. Wouldn't even take my treats!!!
Went out for a walk and he was fine a pleasure to walk.

Got back and he decided we were going to the paddock. In there for five and while we talked he sniffed and then SHOW TIME!!!!

Once he trusted me he ran up and down the stairs like a police dog, sitting waiting, watching, then he gave me a big kiss. Please please can i foster him for Christmas!
:icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
He's a beautiful boy, full of kisses and kindness. See you next week gorgeous.

Apparently he loves cheese, back next week big boy for some cheesy kisses x Its going to be very difficult not to run off with this handsome boy.
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Although all the dogs are my favourite, Simon is fast becoming my favourite favourite. He remembered me from last Sunday and our cuddles on Wednesday and welcomed me in. He wasn't so sure of Stuart and wouldn't accept treats from him. However he did allow Stuart to clip leads on and lead the way out of the kennels. Once walking he really settled down and after initially looking back at me for reassurance, started to look back to Stuart for it. And Stuart gave him lots and lots of reassurance. Simon is a fantastic walk - very easy on the lead, passes other dogs and horses with a mild curiosity and didn't even seem to notice squirrels. After our walk we went to the paddock. At first, Simon just bimbled round, a sniff here and a sniff there. Then he and Stuart discovered the wooden steps. Stuart had Simon running up and down and across and through them in true agility dog style. It was brilliant to watch and after the wooden steps activity, Simon became a very playful dog, doing zoomies, running after tennis balls, playing football. No signs of any nervousness, anxiety or anything. Just signs of a wonderful wonderful dog. And I think I can safely say that Simon and Stuart are now firm friends! Well done Stuart.
Jojo18

Re: Simon Staffie x Ambull DofB 2015 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

So luvvvvely boy Simon arrived today and what a stunning lad he is .I went straight in with a harness and leads and he didn't show any nerves today that he's previously struggled with since arriving in kennels .
He stood beautifully as I harnessed him, had cuddles and we were off .He walks the kennel run very well and wagged his tail at each dog as we passed. We took him for an off lead play session in a secure paddock so Simon could settle into his new surroundings .
Simon has a lovely gentle temperament and was a joy to spend time with !

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”