Lexon (Lexis) Staffie DofB 10.08.17 Leicester

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Lexon (Lexis) Staffie DofB 10.08.17 Leicester

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF8042.jpglexisA.jpg
Lexon's Story : Lexon was abandoned after a fight with another dog and come to us from a Northern kennels. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place, saving his life. Lexon is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Lexis is now in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
DSCF8032.jpglexis.jpg
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are commonplace nowadays).

***PLEASE SUPPORT OUR WORK AND HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. We offer our dogs back up for life, and exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Lexon's thread to view regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete an online homing questionnaire We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time and tolerance to allow them to settle.
DSCF8036.jpglexis.jpg
DSCF8044.jpglexis.jpg
Lexon's progress through our Rescue is below:
We work with our dogs, and often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Lexis.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Lexis Staffie DofB 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Lexis arrived today as a nervous boy. He sat in the corner of the kennel.

We took him to the paddock and he ran to the back. Here is a video of my first approach having dropped his lead on entry to the paddock. See how he is huddles at the back of the paddock and wets himself with fear on approach.

Within 15 mins he was siting on my foot and clinging to me.

It is going to be wonderful to witness him unfold and grow in confidence
Luella

Post by Luella »

How heartbreaking. What a beautiful boy he is
Hayleycakes

Post by Hayleycakes »

Not often rescue upsets me but his eyes poor boy I wonder what has happened to him [cry.gif] angel13.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

I met Lexis this morning and it took me a millisecond to fall in love. What an absolute darling boy. I entered his kennel and he stayed in his bed, really unsure and nervous of my intentions. With gentle persuasion he bravely came up to say hello, had a good old sniff all around me, then leaned right against me. Now we were friends, he was very clingy. We left the kennel and headed out for a walk and he stuck very close by me. I sat down and he plonked himself on my lap as Louise came up to make friends too. Again, initially nervous, once he had checked out Louise, she was his friend too and he would cuddle up and cling to either of us if he felt nervous. As we walked we could see him getting braver and more relaxed and able to explore a bit with his nose. This wonderful, friendly, soft natured boy just needs time and love and he will shine. Past stuff is now well and truly in your past, lovely boy and you have only to look forward where you will be surrounded by love. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF7997.jpglexis.jpg
DSCF8007.jpglexis.jpg
DSCF8014.jpglexis.jpg
DSCF8018.jpglexis.jpg
DSCF8020.jpglexis.jpg
DSCF8024.jpglexis.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Christinetully

Re: Lexon Staffie DofB 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Christinetully »

Lexon is handsome and adorable. He so wants to be close, he practically wrapped himself round my legs as we walked together. He watched me closely each time I stopped to chat with him, it's so sad to see the nervousness behind his loving gaze. When we turned back into the kennels Lexon turned and stood facing backwards between my legs, snuggling up and he just LOVED having me scratch his hips - and of course telling him how beautiful he is. I look forward to seeing him gaining in trust & confidence. angel13.gif]
This gorgeous lad so wants to trust & be loved!
This gorgeous lad so wants to trust & be loved!
Last edited by Christinetully on Sat 06 Oct 2018 02:35, edited 2 times in total.
RosC

Post by RosC »

I walked Lexon today. He looked nervous in his bed but when I entered the kennel he came over to say hello and gave wonderful cuddles thumbs.gif We had a lovely walk, he was a little jumpy at noises but easily reassured. We passed other dogs with no reaction but did show an interest in a squirrel 0002.gif]
He is gorgeous and very friendly, and listens to everything you say to him (well he looks like he is!). Lexon just needs someone to put his trust in but seems to be gaining confidence every day with the staff and volunteers.
anne

Post by anne »

Walked little Lexon again this morning and he was more than happy to follow big boy Charlie ambull. He really wanted to get up close to Charlie and say hello but we gave them each their space today. He seemed a lot more confident with another dog to follow and he was not so jumpy today. In fact his confidence is growing each day and his wonderful, friendly, fun, character is emerging.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”