Bailey Patterdale Dofb 09.01.14 Oakham Rutland

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bailey Patterdale Dofb 09.01.14 Oakham Rutland

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF6576.jpgbaileyTR.jpg
Bailey's Story: Bailey was rehomed by his first family, but the owner who took him in hadn't researched his breed. The family found it hard to cope with his terrier traits. Bailey had been living with four children, from toddler upwards. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Bailey is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bailey was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance, and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Bailey.jpg
DSCF6595.jpgBAILEY.jpg
DSCF6588.jpgbaileyTR.jpg
Bailey1.jpg
Bailey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Mid June 2018: Can you help Bailey? Had Bailey for about 8 months now, We didn’t know much about his breed so went into getting him not knowing what to expect. I think with 4 children, he needs to be with someone that can give him the proper exercise and meet his needs. Lx
Bailey2.jpg
Chapmania

Re: Bailey Patterdale Dofb 09.01.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Bailey love4.gif xx

I had the pleasure of meeting and walking Bailey yesterday. He was a little nervous but was such a good boy while I faffed about with a harness to fit him. The kennel environment is something that he hasn't got used to yet but once we were on our way Bailey started to relax. Bailey does pull quite a bit but is easy managed. The woodland walk offered Bailey plenty of sniffing opportunities and he had his nose to the ground busy sniffing. Bailey is happy walking alongside a busy road taking no notice and he crosses the road nicely too. I felt really guilty putting Bailey back into his kennel as he clearly wasn't happy about returning. A really nice friendly terrier boy. Love him love4.gif xx
20180902_103043.jpg
20180902_103056.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF6581.jpgbaileyTR.jpg
DSCF6589.jpgbaileyTR.jpg
DSCF6590.jpgbaileyTR.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I had my first walk with Bailey today, what a handsome boy. He greeted well in his kennel, easy to harness then off into the woods. Bailey is so good at passing other dogs, he does not give them a second glance. We had a brisk walk through the woods, Bailey's nose is constantly on the ground exploring new smells. I took him to the stream for a paddle, he enjoyed his paddle and a drink of water. Poor Bailey was not keen going back into kennel, let's hope the right family can give him his forever home. Such a sweet little lad angel13.gif]
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Not sure if it was because Bailey remembered me from last week, but I got a lovely welcome from him as I entered his kennel. A week has made a difference to Bailey being in kennels. He is not so nervous and he was far more confident out on his walk. Bailey was my first walk of the day so it was fairly quiet out and about and we didn't meet up with any other people out walking. A typical terrier boy who is a joy to walk, great fun who makes the most of his time away from the kennels. Today we stopped off at the Poets Hut where Bailey enjoyed a good sniff around and was happy to have cuddles. It was nice to see him relaxed. Bailey wasn't happy about returning to the kennel. People thinking of applying for Bailey would need to be aware of the need for exit management. Lovely boy love4.gif xx
20180909_094533.jpg
20180909_094612.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Bailey is a stunning little black Patterdale who is easily managed on a walk despite the fact that he would prefer to go a little faster than me! He gave me a very friendly greeting and then we set off. He is a typical terrier and showed interest in squirrels and even a large deer which ran in front of us at one point. It would be great if Bailey could find a home before the cold of winter sets in and before kennel life takes its toll. In the right home he would be a great little companion. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I took this adorable little lad for a walk this morning, he was very focused on the walk exploring every new smell. Bailey walks really well on the lead, and likes,to stop for a treat and a cuddle. Bailey would flourish in the right home, please consider Bailey for his forever home :smiley-dance017.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I had a lovely walk with Bailey this morning, very excited to be going out, he spotted so many squirrels and birds in the woods, he is very focused on looking for wildlife 0002.gif] He had a little paddle in the stream, then back to the serious business of squirrel and bird watching. Bailey is such a sweetheart, please consider Bailey for his forever home angel13.gif]
frankie

Post by frankie »

Bailey and I had a fab walk on Sunday ,the sun was shinning so off we went to woods. Bailey was on watch for those pesky squirrel's there were quite a lot running up and down the tree trunks and I'm sure he would have liked to follow them. We went to the poets hut for a sit down Bailey climbed on my lap and snuggled in for a cuddle . Bailey has the most beautiful shiny coat and a super cute face . Nice boy bless him xx
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I had such a fun walk with Bailey yesterday, started off in the woods, of course on squirrel watch and he was not disappointed thumbs.gif . I then took Bailey down to the stream and we had a game of throwing leaves in the water, and he brought them back to me. Please consider Bailey for his forever home, he would make a wonderful companion to the right family angel13.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”