Deano Staffie DofB 08.12.13 - 30.10.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Deano Staffie DofB 08.12.13 - 30.10.20

Post by xxlynne »

deano1DSCF6310.jpg
Gill sadly lost lost the love her life Deano today...Thankyou Gill for giving him such wonderful years
Deano.jpg
Current Status: Homed
Deano's Story: Deano was living in a multi-dog household where the dogs were separated. Their owner died, and three dogs were rehomed, but the three Staffies were left behind. A lady took them in temporarily and tried to find them a Rescue place. Rescue Remedies stepped forwards to offer a rescue place when we were told they were booked in to be put to sleep. Deano would prefer to be an only dog. Deano is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Deano was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF2826.jpgdeano.jpg
deano2DSC07692.JPG
deano3DSC07698.JPG
DSCF2806.jpgdeanoa.jpg
Deano's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Feb 2019: Hi do you remember Deano, who was homed by the transporter. He isn't good with dogs, so has lost his home and back with us. Can you take? Lx
Oct 18: "Hi lynne
Someone from fb RR page has messaged me directly about some Staffies in need and she came to RR for some help and advice. I said I’d pass on her info but obviously didn’t make any promises. Are you full to the brim?
Here’s the story, well not her dogs, but she knows the owners and is desperate to help them...
The staffs came from one house - the previous owner, an old man has had a severe stroke, he actually had six dogs in really poor condition. She tried to rehome but no one wanted staffs... they now live with a woman and her son. she is ill and come home recently to find the two boys who usually get on fighting; it's because one of her other dogs is on heat. She now got them locked in different rooms the dogs don't get walked really sad situation
'Deano 5 yrs old, best friends with Snowie other male Staffie great with people and kids, but no good with other dogs only snowie... no training done. these dogs loved the old man but unfortunately not socialized a lot'
Is there anything you could do to help her? I can imagine you are so so busy but I had to ask Thanks Jo"
Deano.jpg
Jojokate

Re: Deano Staffie DofB 08.12.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jojokate »

Heart fill with love.gif] hey Deano. Don’t you worry boy you’re safe. We will find your forever home soon. Snowie found hers xx
anne

Post by anne »

As I was helping a walker get out Deano's next door neighbour, Deano was looking at me and willing me to take him out. So he was my next walk and what a joy he is to spend time with. He walked enthusiastically out of his kennel, big smile on his face, tail wagging furiously and ignoring all the other dogs. He likes to be in front and is engaged and busy on his walks, nose to the ground but also very connected and responsive to me. He is just a delightful, staffie boy.
DSCF1386.jpgdeano.jpg
DSCF1390.jpgdeano.jpg
S.K.A.D

Post by S.K.A.D »

What a gorgeous little face love4.gif
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

I've just seen that Deano has the same birthday as me!!

But anyway...... met Deano for the first time today and fell in love really! He was already outside in one of the paddocks when I get there so I said hello, he wasn't nervous at all and was super excited to see me. Played a little bit of ball for a while for some fun before heading out.

We were in the middle of a group of inductions and had Fred in front of us and Roman behind. Deano didn't take much notice of them at all and was happy to walk along. He's still a bit bewildered and was making those little whiney chatty noises that staffies make, but they stopped with reassuring cuddles and treats whilst walking.

I found he really didn't like the mud in the woods and one we got to the grassy areas and the lane he was so much happier. I think he also liked it more once we weren't with the other dogs too.

Lovely friendly boy and I hope he finds a home quickly! :)

20190223_100956_opt.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Deano is a proper happy staffie, such fun. Happy to be out and about although he made it very clear from the start that he wanted to be in front of Fred for his walk. Once out front Deano relaxed and enjoyed himself, did not like my incessant chatter though! Super smily boy, loved a treat, very connected, I will never tire of that look that staffies give you when they are going to come in for a cuddle, just wonderful.
Lovely boy, see you soon.
anne

Post by anne »

Deano was a little superstar this morning, sharing his walk with Nyla and showing what a happy, sociable little chap he is. The two dogs walked side by side and were sometimes tripping over each other to get to the most interesting smells. It is lovely to see dogs enjoying each other's company and I think it gave Deano more confidence having Nyla by his side. love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Lovely video of super Deano, he really is such a darling boy. Deano adores a cuddle, we had to stop a few times to let other dogs past today, each time I would crouch down next to him and without fail he would come in for a lovely cuddle. I have to say it is very hard to resist that gorgeous face with the kindest eyes, he certainly cleaned me out of treats. Would love to see this beautiful boy in a fabulous home, he so deserves it.
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Lovely Deano, wheree your home boy
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took Deano for a walk for the first time this afternoon, he is such a super friendly boy. As soon as I entered his kennel he enjoyed having a fuss made of him and was keen to get going on his walk. He is a joy to walk, he doesn't pull at all and walks at a good pace. He stopped a couple of times and just looked at me, I think maybe he wanted some treats but I saved those until we returned. It was a very wet afternoon and so Deano tried his best to walk around the edges of large puddles. When we got back to his kennel he enjoyed his sausage treats. Such a lovely boy. love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”