Taffie (Mikey) Staffie DofB 2013 Waterlooville

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Taffie (Mikey) Staffie DofB 2013 Waterlooville

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Mikey2.jpg
Mikey's Story: Mikey was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Mikey is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Mikey was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst he awaieds his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0190.jpgmikey.jpg
DSCF0194.jpgmikey.jpg
Mikey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
7.12.18: I was wondering if you had any room at the Inn? WWPs Lianne
"Mikey is a middle aged Staffie, can seem funny in kennels but once out he is a nice boy. Has an ongoing ear problem which he is currently on antibiotics for."
Mikey.jpg
Mikey1.jpg
pits

Re: Mikey Staffie DofB 2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Here's new boy Mikey the staffie earlier today, he seems very sweet.
m1.jpg
m5.jpg
m3.jpg
m2.jpg
m4.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Mikey Staffie DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

0093.gif Thank you love4.gif

Mikey is now in Gatwick We are going to get his ears examined and further treatment prescribed
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Love Mikey , such A lovely face . Who wouldn’t want to adopt him. So happy to meet his humans
anne

Post by anne »

What a lovely boy. Mikey was keen to get my attention yesterday as I was going in and out of his neighbours kennels taking them for a walk. Well, it worked and I couldn't resist taking him out for a walk. Mikey was a bit nervous of me fiddling with his harness in the kennel but once out he was more then happy to have his coat off ready for his walk. Mikey trotted along happily beside me, no pulling and he was a true delight to share a walk with. On returning he was happy to have his belly wiped clean, he even lifted his legs to assist, and then have his coat back on. He loves a treat or two but takes them politely.
DSCF0185.jpgmikey.jpg
DSCF0197.jpgmikey.jpg
nhelyer

Post by nhelyer »

Today was my first walk after a few months away and I was lucky enough to share it with the gorgeous Mikey. Such a gent ... he welcomed me like a long lost friend, was easy peasy to get out, walked beautifully on a loose lead, and suffered my attempts to find a new walk (otherwise known as getting lost!) with great patience and enthusiasm. At one point we were ambushed by a very enthusiastic off lead English Bull Terrier and Mikey was fabulous ... he was thrilled to meet, tail wagging so fast it was merely a blur, and was desperate to play. Sadly I wasn’t dexterous enough to get photos AND hang on to the lead at the same time whilst the two of them had a happy bounce around!

Back in his kennel Mikey rolled on to his back for tummy tickles and gave me the most wonderful staffie cuddles and kisses. He’s a gorgeous teddy bear of a pocket size staffie and stole my heart completely. Whoever adopts this special boy will be very, very lucky indeed love4.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Welcome back Nicky so lovely for Mikey to share your company
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

I had a cuddle with Mikey after I had finished walking yesterday, as Nicky said what a wonderful happy boy he is. Tummy tickles to the max. He really is adorable and cuddles beautifully and I so hope he finds his home soon. Big hugs Mikey. angel13.gif] love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Hilbs

Post by Hilbs »

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting the lovely Mikey this week and totally agree with everything that has been said about him. He is a gentle soul who seems very relaxed in his skin. He is so easy to walk and doesn't seem to worry about anything or anyone around him which is great. He is very affectionate and I have no doubt will make a loving companion to anyone looking for a wise calm Staffie.
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

I walked Mikey for the first time on Saturday and have to agree with what everyone else has said about him, to sum him up in a few words - the complete small package - an easy sweet happy diddy little chap! Sorry no pics as weather was dank but Mikey didn`t mind - he happily trotted through the puddles and enjoyed a towelling when we got back. Lovely little boy, look forward to walking him again sometime.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”