Melvin Staffie DofB 09.04.17 Partridge Green

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Melvin Staffie DofB 09.04.17 Partridge Green

Post by xxlynne » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Current Status: Homed
DSCF8538.jpgmelvin.jpg
Melvin's Story: Melvin was homed by his original owner to a friend, then on to a friend. A vet was approached to put him to sleep, as the owner was having mental health issues. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Melvin is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Melvin was in boarding kennels near Gatwick then into foster with another dog whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF8618.jpgmelvin.jpg
DSCF8607.jpgmelvin.jpg
DSCF8613.jpgmelvin.jpg
Melvin's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Urgent call from a vet.. they had agreed to take a Staffie in as his owner was going through a breakdown. We agreed to collect Melvin the next morning from the vets once he had been signed over.

aloepeter

Re: Melvin Staffie DofB 09.04.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by aloepeter » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Melvin was such a good boy on his journey to Gatwick this morning, quite the angel13.gif]. Well, actually, rather a large angel! He's a handsome hunk but - on the quiet - I reckon he's one of those big soft lads who rather like being told what to do. Took treats very gently and was responsive when I gave him a short walk in the woods while his kennel was being prepared. Adorable! love4.gif

anne

Post by anne » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:19 am

Melvin is very nervous of new people at the moment but with a few treats, we soon made friends and headed out to enjoy the sunshine. Melvin walked nicely on the lead sticking quite close to my leg initially but got more confident and began to explore as we walked. He does get nervous if new people approach and he goes backwards in a bid to get away from them. It will be lovely to watch him gain his confidence as he makes new friends in the rescue and we see his personality emerge. We went to the paddock after a walk and Melvin was happy exploring on his own but would run over for a fuss if I sat down and called him. We had a game of football too.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
DSCF8541.jpgmelvin.jpg
DSCF8550.jpgmelvin.jpg
DSCF8554.jpgmelvin.jpg
DSCF8562.jpgmelvin.jpg

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:25 pm

I met Melvin today and didn't find him nervous at all, in fact he was quite full on. He walks nicely and sits when asked. He has the most delightful waddle and does little bunny hops in his excitement but did drop back to my side again when asked to and he wasn't pully. We passed a few other dogs and he didn't react at all. We then did a parallel walk with Papa and both boys were as good as gold, even having a quick nose to nose sniff at one point.
I then took Melvin to the paddock so he could stretch his legs and have a run, which he did. He did get very over excited after a few minutes and instead of just burning off energy, he got himself a bit wound up, throwing his weight around a bit, then jumping up and getting a bit mouthy. as Melvin seemed to have become very highly charged, I quickly got his lead on and we had another walk to calm down. He's a very lovely dog and I would think he needs a sensible adult home where he can be safe and not get too excited in play. No photos as he just wouldn't stay still!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Wow what an absolute beauty, and typical gorgeous staffi by the sound of it

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:13 pm

I had another walk with Melvin today. He was really pleased to see me and was very good coming out of kennels. Due to sheer excitement, Melvin will do a little kangaroo jump every now and then as you are walking, but he doesn't pull and walked by my side on a loose lead. He can mouth a bit too but this was very gentle today and once we got into our walk, the jumping and mouthing stopped completely. He is just a fun loving, exciteable boy but he was much calmer today than last week. He sits nicely for treats and met people and dogs well throughout our walk, being very well behaved. We said hello to a cat in the cattery on the way back, and he was alert and had a look but then just turned away. We also met a horse on our walk, and again, had a look and walked away. He is very connected to his walker and responds very well to your voice. Melvin has a nice temperament and he is a head turner, but I hope somebody gets past his looks and takes him on for the emotional staffie he is.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Luella

Post by Luella » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:20 pm

I think he’s beautiful

Judy

Post by Judy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:34 pm

I met Melvin for the first time today, I was pleased to find him to be more confident than I thought he would be. He was very easy to get in and out the kennel block. He was initially excited to be going out and did try to grab the leads on a couple of occasions but soon settled down. He seems to love water as he headed for every puddle he came across. Melvin really is a lovely boy with a gorgeous temperament, I'm sure he will not be with us for too long. love4.gif

Chapmania

Re: Melvin Staffie DofB 09.04.17 Partridge Green Foster

Post by Chapmania » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:53 pm

:goodluck.gif: Melvin xx

xxlynne

Re: Melvin Staffie DofB 09.04.17 Partridge Green

Post by xxlynne » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Melvin and Coco bought Rob along today in what felt like a marriage. Rob played cupid

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

They are almost twins just a few days apart in birthdays!
IMG_2778.JPG
Thanks Rob from all of us and Melvin!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”