Missy Staffie x DofB ?2013 Cotswolds

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Missy Staffie x DofB ?2013 Cotswolds

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF6305.jpgmissy.jpga.jpg
Missy's Story: Missy was passed on to a neighbour so she could be looked after, and then the owners never came back: She was passed on again. The last family handed her over into our care. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Missy is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Missy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and wass in foster as an only dog whilst she awaits her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
missy1B1F22B09-5A12-456B-AB69-21F1A54D4D7D.jpeg.jpg
missy36E90AC7E-F9A0-4191-8701-79FB0F4370CF.jpeg.jpg
missy252684406-BD1F-4A7F-B633-6F10EC0BE08D.jpeg.jpg
missyA7FEC9D67-C46A-40E4-B257-7007E6398DAD.jpeg.jpg
Missy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
A vet nurse called us as a family had Missy and couldn't find anyone to take her.
We agreed to take her in as an emergency.
missy2DSC06832.JPG
missy1DSC06842.JPG
Sarahk

Re: Missy Staffie x DofB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Sweet Missy, she's quite bewildered and a little scared in the kennels environment she suddenly finds herself in - we're taking it at her pace and yesterday she was happy to venture out of her kennel to meet Charlie, Nat and me - we even got some little tail wags, well done Missy love4.gif
DSC06844.JPG
DSC06835 - Copy.JPG
DSC06841.JPG
DSC06843.JPG
You're safe now sweetheart, nothing to be scared of, we all love you love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Still a little scared when you first enter her kennel, Missy is wanting to befriend and gradually is banking positive, lovely experiences. Once she was out of the kennel she perked up this morning and off we trotted for a lovely walk. Afterwards I knelt down in her kennel and she pushed herself against me wanting gentle fuss. In fact I think she really wanted me to stay cuddled up to her and not leave. love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

A new day and Missy's confidence has grown. As soon as I entered her kennel and knelt down, she tucked her head under my arm and was wanting cuddles. This felt so special we just sat there together enjoying each other company for a while. Time for walkies and no hesitation in heading out. Missy walks beautifully on the lead and enjoys her walks, taking time to stop and gaze around and of course have a good sniff around. Such an easy girl to walk. We stopped for some cuddles along the way too.
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF6304.jpgmissy.jpg
DSCF6306.jpgmissy.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Full of confidence today, after cuddles, we headed out into the sunshine for a lovely relaxed walk. Missy has a sweet and calm nature and is a joy to be with.
DSCF6463.jpgmissy.jpg
DSCF6470.jpgmissy.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Missy was a star this morning, sharing her walk with Rodney and showing us how dog friendly she is. Rodney walked with Louise and Missy with me. Initially we kept a little way apart but they were both relaxed and wanting to get acquainted so we let them sniff and get to know each other. As they got more comfortable together they walked closer, sniffing and mirroring each others body language. We let them choose to be close or have more space and do their own thing as the walk progressed. Consequently we all had a lovely, happy relaxed walk.
(Missy with the blue collar)

20mins into our walk...….

and a little later on.....
DSCF6519.jpgrodneyMissy.jpg
DSCF6520.jpgrodneyMissy.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met Missy for the first time today. No signs of any nerves as I went into her kennel. I crouched down to say hello and she wrapped one paw round my arm and lay her head on my lap and we cuddled for a while. What a sweetheart! On our walk, Missy met lots of other dogs with no problems at all, managed to bribe lots of other walkers for treats and completely stole hearts.
Every now and then I meet a dog who steals my heart straight away, and Missy is one of them. Absolutely lovely dog, walks like a dream, is very connected, calm, loving and well mannered. She knows how to charm and how to get cuddles and treats. Absolute darling.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
pits

Re: Missy Staffie x DofB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Missy the other day:
miss ss.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”