Darcey Staffie x Bulldog DofB 05.11.16 Highams Park

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Darcey Staffie x Bulldog DofB 05.11.16 Highams Park

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Darcey2.JPG
Darcey's Story : Darcey came out of a domestic violence situation. She was taken into foster with children and 2 other dogs...she did really well. Just had a few nerves when out in the park and grabbed a shelve of her handler. Darcey needed to find a emergency Rescue place so came to us on the 06.05.18: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Darcey is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Darcey was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Darcey's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Darcey7.jpg
Darcey8.jpg
Darcey5.jpg
Darcey's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 05.05.18: hi Lynne, Daisy needs place ASAP before Mon evening, yes can get to Gatwick. Sad to say another dog is in need Oh thank you so much Lynne, one huge weight off my mind that another will be given a chance. I can see from your site what you do is marvellous. I see and try my best to care for over 20 staffs on the street at the moment.
Do you know anyone or could you take an 18 month old Staffie x Old English Bulldog who is just in need ?Another urgent need as her placement has broken down today because she showed some assertion to her fosterer, which is the first time. They wanted her gone tonight but say she must be gone tomorrow. She is from a background of domestic violence, and whilst was untrained has done very well, am completely shocked. She is very dog friendly. We help and support people via social services, of late the demand has been off the scale, we are only small have limited resources to accommodate dogs, hence having some street dogs in my own care. I have nowhere to place this dog!!!
Kind regards Claire Thank you for your help.

Comes 6th as both dogs (Darcey & Daisy) would lose their lives if not
Sarahk

Re: Darcey Staffie/ Old Eng Bulldog DofB 12.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Darcey is one very beautiful girl :D
DSC03631.JPG
But she is a little uncertain having just arrived in kennels so we're taking it at Darcey's pace :D
She’s ready for a gentle back stroke from Lynne but not ready for a harness just yet, well, she probably has no idea what they are !
We'll let Darcey slowly unwind and relax a little knowing she's safe thumbs.gif
DSC03641.JPG
DSC03636.JPG
DSC03633.JPG
DSC03639.JPG
DSC03640.JPG
DSC03634.JPG
DSC03632.JPG
And Darcey demonstrated her fab dog skills meeting new girl Daisy thumbs.gif
DSC03627.JPG
DSC03645.JPG
All safe now lovely Darcey xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Re: Darcey Staffie x Bulldog DofB 05.11.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Dear, darling Darcy is learning to trust. She was keen to go out for a walk this morning and delighted to say hi to her friends, the kennel staff, in the car park. She loved walking through the woods, taking her time to sniff out all the smells along the way. She enjoyed the long cool grass and spent quite a time just munching away on it. The only small problem I had was that she was not keen to go back into her kennel but I don't blame her, who would?
DSCF3515.jpgdarcy.jpg
DSCF3526.jpgdarcy.jpg
DSCF3528.jpgdarcy.jpg
DSCF3529.jpgdarcy.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Darcey is proving to be a little darling and is making friends, in fact she has a growing fan club. Her besties are the kennel girls but she was more than happy to be heading off for a walk with me this morning. She walks really nicely on the lead and she listened and responded to everything I said to her. On the way back she did not have to be asked twice to jump up on Ella's lap in the car for a smooch!
DSCF3636.jpgdarcy.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

That last pic is gorgeous and she is alot smaller than i thought love4.gif love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Darcey continues to build her confidence and make more friends. We had a lovely relaxed walk today, stopping to visit the stream. Darcey wasn't too sure about paddling at first but then daintily dipped her paws in to have a drink.
DSCF3651.jpgdarcey.jpg
DSCF3652.jpgdarcey.jpg
DSCF3653.jpgdarcey.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

What a treat to see young Darcy trusting and starting to enjoy life with humans again love4.gif

I think we can say she's very much more relaxed now ...
Darcey is with Jemma, one of the girls looking after her in kennels, as you can see the trust and love is there for all to see xxx
Darcey is with Jemma, one of the girls looking after her in kennels, as you can see the trust and love is there for all to see xxx
DSC04299.JPG
DSC04300.JPG
DSC04302.JPG
More tummy tickles with walker Anne love4.gif
DSC04312.JPG
I didn't get the lighting quite right for lovely Darcey, sorry girl - but we all enjoyed the sunny day and Darcey looks gorgeous all the same xxx love4.gif
DSC04321.JPG
DSC04320.JPG
DSC04324.JPG
DSC04318.JPG
"Hmmm, is that treats in there ?" asked Darcey very politely :D
DSC04326.JPG
"Shall we share some, pleeeeeeeeeease" - and share they did :D
DSC04327.JPG
Lovely beautiful Darcey love4.gif
DSC04329.JPG
DSC04330.JPG
DSC04331.JPG
DSC04332.JPG
DSC04335.JPG
DSC04333.JPG
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
Just lovely love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked Darcy on Thursday and I am in love!!! What a pretty, lovely, gentle little girl she is. No pulling on the lead, really easy walking. Very happy to be in the company of Biscuit and Chief. I took her to the paddock for 5 minutes off lead when we got back and, oh, how she loves to run. She is quite small, typical small staffie size ( not teeny like Biscuit and Chief or Keisha and Tilley) with a really cute boxer-staffie face, doleful big brown eyes, a real heart stealer. She’s very friendly and obviously loves people!!!
xxlynne

Re: Darcey Staffie x Bulldog DofB 05.11.16 Highams Park

Post by xxlynne »

Darcey has gained so much confidence since being with us and today she proved it. She met 2 families and showed how good and calm she was meeting new people and how well she gets on with other dogs. Wendy and family bought Rudy and Darcey woed him! Jo & Simon will share all
Elliesmum

Re: Darcey Staffie x Bulldog DofB 05.11.16 Highams Park

Post by Elliesmum »

This is the best news! I was fussing a scared girl, who was not wanting to go back to her kennel this morning, then she was homed by the Afternoon! :goodjob.gif: blob6.gif] smashing little dog xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”