Grace Staffie x DofB 2010? Lichfield, Staffordshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Grace Staffie x DofB 2010? Lichfield, Staffordshire

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Grace1.jpg
Grace's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a West London council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Grace is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Grace was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick awaiting her new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Grace's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Grace3.jpg
Grace.jpg
Grace4.jpg
Grace's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. We were asked to help Grace by dog wardens who found her stray unchipped and unclaimed in South West London area
anne

Re: Grace Staffie x DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Grace is a sweetheart and although she is scared and a little overwhelmed at the moment she is willing to trust and accept love and cuddles. Grace is not ready for walks quite yet, her comfort zone seems to be within the kennel block. She did begin to explore the paddock yesterday and today and we sat in the car park for a while watching all the comings and goings. Lots of dogs were either heading out for a walk or returning and Grace seems very comfortable around other dogs and she accepted fuss from several different people who came up. She was clearly not ready to go off exploring with me yet. She just needs time to build her confidence and realise that she is loved and cared for and everyone is there to help her and there is an exciting world out there for her to explore.
DSCF2576.jpga.jpg
DSCF2582.jpga.jpg
DSCF2583.jpga.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

So I sat down in Grace's kennel this morning to give her cuddles. Then I got up and she shot straight to the door to go out which I knew she would. She is desperate to go out and explore, she just loses her nerve. Grace walks down the block past all the other dogs, taking no notice of them. We went in the small paddock. Grace was much quicker to go exploring around the paddock today and was not bothered when Buster and Frankie in their kennel the other side of the wire, barked at her. Grace however did not really interact with me so we headed out to the car park. She shot out the gate and across the car park at speed, leaving an astounded trail of walkers in her wake, uttering 'is that Grace?' However she suddenly lost her nerve and put the breaks on and we got no further than the end of the car park. Despite the rain we stayed around for a bit as there was plenty of comings and goings and she got fuss from several different walkers. She happily accepted fuss but declined all the treats offered. We headed back to her kennel where I dried her off with a towel. She lifted each paw for me in turn, without me asking, which makes me think she was loved and treasured in a home at some point. She sat in her bed, we had lovely cuddles and then she accepted treats from me, taking them very gently. She has made progress again today and she is moving forward, one heart beat and one paw at a time. love4.gif thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Grace and I headed out for another walk today. I have discovered that heading away from the kennels Grace has 2 speeds- running and stop. So we ran across the car park and down the lane. We managed to get 3/4 of the way down the lane before I had to stop to catch my breath. Grace made it clear she wasn't going any further so we sat down and Grace made herself comfortable between my legs and while she sat and relaxed into her surroundings, I gave her a gentle massage. She watched Oscar walk by and then we headed back, this time ambling along at a steady pace and her tail was up! Well done Grace. xx
DSCF2658.jpggrace.jpg
DSCF2661.jpggrace.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

As we all know, love conquers all.
Well a little time and love and Grace is coming out of her shell. We ran all the way down to the end of the lane and half way up to the roundabout this morning. Then Grace ambled back, stopping to eat grass and have a sniff around. She had a proper explore around the car park area this morning, saying hello to lots of different people, checking out the shower room, Eddie's car and even venturing a short way into the woods. I just let Grace go where she wanted and the more she explored the more confident she became. Back in the car park she enjoyed cuddles with Ella, her tail wagging and then with Eddie.
Grace has the most wonderful temperment and is a very affectionate, well mannered girl.
It is still early days but Grace will gradually feel comfortable to explore further now she is getting her confidence back.
Yes - this is the same girl- just look at that smile!
sharing the love with Ella
sharing the love with Ella
DSCF2727.jpggrace.jpg
DSCF2741.jpggrace.jpg
She thought Eddie's car was a good place to hang out
She thought Eddie's car was a good place to hang out
Sharing the love with Eddie
Sharing the love with Eddie
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Grace went to the vets on Tuesday to have her vaccination and a check over she did very well in the vets and travelling in a crate both ways.

Yesterday she was spayed Grace travelled on the front seat going there and was able to relax into the journey and enjoyed watching the scenery go by. Grace was relaxed in the vets throughout except for the wee on the vets floor showing her nerves were still there! Normal Spay so now we can begin to find her family.
anne

Post by anne »

Grace and I headed to the paddock this morning. Off lead and with a chance to explore Grace relaxed and I left her to do her own thing. If I sat down and called her she came running over for some fuss but otherwise was happy just to mooch about. Her confidence and trust is building.
DSCF3013.jpggrace.jpg
DSCF3023.jpggrace.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Tummy tickles!
DSCF3146.jpggrace.jpg
DSCF3148.jpggrace.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Grace and I headed to the paddock again today. Grace wasn't entirely sure she wanted to go but once we got there she enjoyed pottering around. When I sat down she came over for a quick cuddle but she preferred to be independent and just explore. Grace seems much happier off lead with space to wander and take her time investigating smells and just potter. I think she would love a garden to call her own. It started to pour with rain and we got rather wet but back in her kennel I rubbed Grace dry with a towel. She loved this, clearly she is a girl who loves to be pampered. I fetched her some dry snuggly bedding and she then happily snuggled down in her bed to rest. I love this girl but she needs time and patience to build her confidence outside. The security and stability of a home will, I am sure, help her to feel safe and confident much more quickly.
anne

Post by anne »

Still reluctant to go to the paddock today, Grace and I none the less made it there and once off lead, Grace happily pottered about sniffing. Occasionally she jumps up and ties to grab a branch from the tree but an assertive 'no' soon stops her in her tracks. In an effort to get her to play, I tried throwing a ball, kicking a ball and running around. The running did the trick and she ran around with me, engaging with me, enjoying the game and she suddenly found her voice and barked with delight. How wonderful was that!
In the first two photos she is coming to me when I called her, tail up and wagging and looking very happy. thumbs.gif
DSCF3267.jpggrace.jpg
DSCF3269.jpggrace.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”