Roxy Staffie DofB 2009 Borough SE London

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Roxy Staffie DofB 2009 Borough SE London

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Roxy08.JPG
Roxy's Story : Roxy was found stray: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Roxy is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Roxy was in boarding kennels near Guildford.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Roxy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Roxy07.JPG
Roxy01.JPG

Roxy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information: We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 03.09.17: Hi Lynne, Do you have any spaces at the moment or coming up, do you know? We have been asked to rescue an 8 year old (Roxy) and 10 year old Chico, both staffies. Thank you for your help with our dogs, we really appreciate it. Regards, Di MK
Sarahk

Re: Roxy Staffie DofB 2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Meet Roxy - sorry about my photos, it had gone quite dark, I will do better next time but these at least these give you a flavour of this sweet girl love4.gif
DSC08711.JPG
DSC08714.JPG
DSC08717 (2).JPG
DSC08712 - Copy.JPG
DSC08715.JPG
DSC08711 - Copy.JPG
DSC08712.JPG
DSC08717.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Roxy was very keen to get out of her kennel today. She is easy to harness and handle and she doesn't pull. She didn't interact much with me as I think, being new in, she is a little anxious and was so busy walking and looking at everything she didn't want to stop for fussing. Back at kennels, she moved in for a little cuddle and seems very nice natured. I think when she settles in we will see her character more as she is a bit busy at the moment and not happy in kennels. Lovely looking girl.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

As promised, better photos of dear Roxy - lovely easy girl who would so love to have a home to call her own love4.gif
Smiling :0)
Smiling :0)
and serious !
and serious !
DSC08896.JPG
DSC08893.JPG
DSC08897.JPG
DSC08907.JPG
DSC08900.JPG
DSC08901.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Roxy met Chris yesterday who was doing his taster session. She showed him what fun it is walking the rescue dogs. Roxy was very excited to find herself going out for a walk and was quite happy to go up and say hello to Chris when I took her outside to meet him. As we set off, Roxy spied a cat, this girl is not a fan of cats it has to be said. Roxy walks well on a lead and doesn't pull. She crosses the road nicely and isn't bothered by passing traffic. We walked along the bridle path and 3 off lead Labradors came charging towards her, their owner calling them back to no avail. Roxy bless her heart wasn't phased at all and I was so proud of her. No growling, snapping or barking, she just stood her ground. It is a very daunting experience for a dog on a lead to be run at by off lead dogs. On the way back from our walk we met up with a lady walking her JRT. We stopped for a chat and Roxy was quite comfortable in the terrier's company. Chris had some treats with him and gave both the dogs some. They went down very well! Back at the kennels Chris had cuddles with Roxy while I took some photo's. Good work Roxy, lovely girl. Chris enjoyed our walk so much that he is coming back to do his induction :goodjob.gif: xx

What a gorgeous girl. Roxy really needs to be out of the kennels before winter sets in. Could you find it in your heart to offer her a home?
20171008_114933.jpg
angel13.gif]
20171008_114938.jpg
frankie

Post by frankie »

Aw what to say about this darling girl , she was excited to be going out and practically put her own harness on .She walks well on the lead doesn't pull and trots along beside you . She will sit for a treat and liked looking out the windows in the poets hut . She is a lovely dog and would be a great companion for someone , bless her xxxx
RosC

Post by RosC »

I met Roxie for the first time today, she is an absolute gem - a really friendly little dog. Lots of cuddles and games in the kennel and then a good walk. Roxie walks really nicely and wasn't phased by anything that we passed. lovely gir!
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Met the lovely Roxy today, just an absolute dream in all aspects. I was greeted with ferocious tail wags and excited bounces, I think we were friends before I even entered her kennel :D She waited so patiently as I tightened her harness (something I'm terrible at doing!), not a peep or sign of frustrating that we weren't already outside! So easy on the lead all Roxy wanted to do was sniff and explore which she did to her heart's content. Very interested in her surroundings, especially keen on any wildlife that moved (especially squirrels!). Her road manners were exemplary never once straying from the grass verge and waiting while crossing the road.
"Did you see that squirrel!?"
"Did you see that squirrel!?"
Roxy Stream.jpg
"Something moved!"
"Something moved!"
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I enjoyed a lovely walk with Roxy yesterday. She is a friendly, gentle soul. Such a good girl to walk. I did find out today that she goes mad to chase squirrels! Not for small furries then. Roxy loves having a fuss made of her and is a very good girl taking treats. Smashing little girl who would make a wonderful companion for some lucky person. Love her love4.gif xx
20171119_140241.jpg
20171119_140410.jpg
VAL

Post by VAL »

I can only endorse what previous walkers have said about Roxy (Roxie?). It was my first meeting with her today and she welcomed me like a long lost friend. She is an easy walk and no trouble. I hope someone snaps her up soon.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”