Lilly (Milly) Staffie DofB ?2011 - July 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
EmmaD

Re: Milly Staffie DofB ?2011 Guildford Kenns

Post by EmmaD »

Here's an update and some pics from Rachel, one of our volunteers who walked Millie recently!

Today i met Milly for the first time and was greeted by her with plenty of kisses!

She is small staffie aged about 6yrs old.

The only issue I had with her was the time it took to her harness on because she kept rolling over for belly rubs.When we did get out and about she was so easy to walk. We passed some of her kennel mates that greeted with a smile. Then she zigzagged in front of me, not pulling at all but mainly checking when our next cuddle stop would be. She seemed to like the cuddles more than the walking which was fine by me. Cuddles on demand is what I like from our doggies!

I cant wait to walk her again, and if I could have a dog of my own, a Milly is what I would want! I think she would make an excellent sofa snuggle buddy love4.gif

I hope she gets a new home soon! She is an adorable gorgeous girl who through no fault of her own lost her home.
millie 3_opt.jpg
millie 1_opt.jpg
millie 2_opt.jpg
Marilyn

Post by Marilyn »

First post for newbie walker so here goes!!

I had a lovely walk yesterday with Milly along the river, up the steps and a long windy path towards the railway line and as others have said, she is sooo easy to walk. Just trots along at a nice easy pace - no pulling at all. angel13.gif] We passed several joggers, non-doggie walkers and some with dogs - all without any problem at all. Milly was such a good girl and just focused on me as we often stepped aside to let people pass. She is fantastic at her sit and waits! We did a couple of 'downs' too. Naturally she was more than happy to receive the treats that followed! We had a bike pass us too and Milly wasn't bothered at all... Looking forward to seeing beautiful Milly again soon!! love4.gif

Milly patiently waiting for her treat
Milly patiently waiting for her treat
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Wonderful picture and write up for first post Marilyn Thank you
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Everyone who meets Millie LOVES her this girl is gorgeous in looks and has a personality to match.She adores people spends alot of her time lying on her back waiting for tummy tickles, which proves tricky when harnessing her. She's very easy to walk, doesn't pull happy to be out with you.
Ive inducted her with our new walkers and they have all found Milly easy to walk, she is gaining a large fan club all requesting to spend time with her.
I took her to the paddock today and the girl loves a tennis ball , she is such a pleasure to be with waits, returns the balls, happily runs around listens and returns when called.
We were both sad when the session ended.
She adores people , walks well past other dogs , kisses her friend Bailey if she sees him walk by.
She's sad and lonely in kennels , There must be a Millie sized home out there ,
I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful this little girl is x
Marilyn

Post by Marilyn »

xxlynne wrote:Wonderful picture and write up for first post Marilyn Thank you
Thanks Lynne. :thanks.gif: I forgot to mention we had a belly rubs too - for Milly of course! lol
RosC

Re: Milly Staffie DofB ?2011 Redhill Xmas foster

Post by RosC »

Milly came home yesterday to recover from her op. We popped in to the vet on the way to check all was ok, which it is. The little girl I collected from kennels feeling poorly and very sorry for herself seemed to disappear within about half an hour of being indoors. I feel she may have duped me in to feel sorry for her so that she was chosen for a break 0002.gif]
Looking angelic
Looking angelic
Milly had a really good night's sleep and has eaten 2 meals so far today as she is a little underweight as she has been unwell.
Anyway, so much for taking it easy. I am trying not to play with her so that she doesn't overdo things so she is entertaining herself! There have been 2 games so far - jumping on the sofa with a tennis ball then nudging it over the edge so that she can chase it and killing Father Christmas smiley-sad010.gif
I'll give it a little nudge!
I'll give it a little nudge!
Nearly!
Nearly!
Oops!!
Oops!!
Milly is a beautiful girl just looking for a permanent home.
RosC

Post by RosC »

Finally dear Milly has decided that actually she should be resting after all. She fell asleep holding the ball in her mouth but as she relaxed it fell out!
tired milly.JPG
milly tired 2.JPG
She is a total sweetheart and getting along well with Bertha. Some loon was letting off fireworks nearby a little earlier and she took no notice at all thumbs.gif
She says to tell you all that she is looking forward to Christmas as she is out of the kennels xmaskick.gif [0131.gif] but her New Year hope is for a family to call her own ball1.gif
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely photos. ..thank you ... snowwave.gif snowwave.gif xmaskick.gif ball1.gif snowman.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Poor little Milly had a bit of a night last night as the swelling around her wound (you can see the pink swelling in the previous pictures) released itself quite dramatically - a bit of a shock at the time but she has been checked by the vet and all is fine, she is probably feeling much more comfortable now. There is still a little drip from the area but nothing to worry about as this is perfectly normal, unfortunately tail wagging sets it off and anyone that knows Milly knows how wiggly she is as she is always so happy!
Relaxing with a chew
Relaxing with a chew
We were both a bit tired this afternoon after last night so we had a snooze on the sofa for a couple of hours which I think Millie needed. We are now 48 hours in with her stay and she has awoken a much more relaxed little girl which will help with her healing.
Milly will make an amazing addition to a family, she is so affectionate and loving. Snoring and twitching beside me at the moment - isn't it odd that we find it so adorable because if it was my husband I would be cursing him 0002.gif]
RosC

Post by RosC »

Millie, it has to be said, is as mad as a March hare but that just makes her more adorable love4.gif . Although meant to be resting she plays and plays but is not a nuisance as if no-one wants to play then she will just amuse herself for ages.
We had a good night's sleep last night. I slept downstairs just to make sure all was OK during the night. At about 4am Milly joined me and Bertha for a cuddle and stayed snuggled up until 8.30.
We went for a pub lunch today and Milly came along. She was very well behaved but went a bit bonkers when we first went in - running up to everyone and rolling around on the carpet like she had never seen one before woo.gif]
As soon as we sat down she was calm but took time to make friends with both families on the tables either side of us - well who could resist her.
Millie didn't go to the loo whilst we were out but as soon as we got back she had a long wee in the garden so she must have been holding on! The outing seems to have exhausted her so she is now snoozing away next to me, wearing her suitical as she is still dripping a little from her op.
IMG_2019.JPG
IMG_2018.JPG
looking forward to spending Christmas day with Millie-moo and I hope she enjoys her stocking! ball2.gif snowman.gif snowwave.gif xmaskick.gif [0131.gif]

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”