Lawrie Staffie DofB 2016 Waterlooville

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Lawrie Staffie DofB 2016 Waterlooville

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Lawrence was Staffierescue's Staffie of the Month for September 18
Lawrence.jpg
Lawrence's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Surrey council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Lawrence is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Lawrence was in boarding kennels nr Guildford then in foster with 2 other dogs and a cat.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Lawrence3.jpg
Lawrence1.jpg
Lawrence2.jpg
Lawrence's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. We were asked by Guildford pound to help Lawrence and offer him a Rescue place

Lawrence came on to our books on the 31st August 2017
pits

Re: Lawrence Staffie DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

I met Lawrence for the first time earlier and took him for a walk. Laura introduced me to him as he's a little shy and nervous but when he realized he was about to go for a walk he seemed happy and eager to be getting some fresh air. He was good on the walk and seemed all too happy to be exploring the world. He loves his treats and sits very well for them. He was very patient in letting me photograph him for a while. He is tiny! I can see him being someone's pampered lapdog in the future. Here's some photos I took on the walk:
l1.jpg
l2.jpg
l3.jpg
l4.jpg
l5.jpg
l6.jpg
l7.jpg
l8.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Lawrence Staffie DofB 2016 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Had the pleasure of meeting Lawrence during the week when he travelled well in the dog mobile and was neutered and vaccinations commenced. Lawrence is reserved by nature and yet is settling within the kennel environment I'm sure because he is meeting many friend and being introduce to pleasant walks. Needs a family who connect with his vulnerable sense and can support him to expand his horizons and gain a sense of conquest & stability. Seems comfortable around other dogs. Wins hearts very easily.
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

I have had the uttermost pleasure in walking Lawrence over the last few weeks.From the shy nervous unsure boy that arrived He has blossomed into a happy , content , loving little chap.
As soon as he sees the blue lead he erupts with excitement.
We have walked him with Duchess , now homed one of his favourite girls! Many of the staffs and terrier s and he always seems amused by his new walking partner , but is a calming influence as he relaxes into the walk and they follow his cues.

He skips along with a happy wagging tail, and now leans into you at the end of the walk for human contact and affection.
He's a small package with a lot of love to give , so hoping your forever home comes soon.
CoraMc

Re: Lawrence Staffie DofB 2016 North London

Post by CoraMc »

(Since returned)

Elaine, Peter and importantly Callum, were sadly missing their previous staffie boy and travelled down to meet Lawrence. Callum was immediately smitten by this dinky and loving boy. Lawrence showed his great skills with 5 year old Callum, his affectionate cuddles and his stunning nature. Wishing them all every happiness!!
IMG_4589.JPG
Elaine hamlin

Re: Lawrence Staffie DofB 2016 North London

Post by Elaine hamlin »

(Since returned)

Thank you to Dianna Nicky Lynn and the fabulous Cora for all your help and finding us Lawrence

Lawrence is settling in well lots for him to take in so we are taking it slow bless him he is a lovely boy
We are off to the seaside for the weekend we will let you know how he likes the sea
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Lawrence came back to us today as he is needing support meeting strangers, little Lawrence has a nervy side to his nature so still needs careful intros and support whilst in public.
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

I haven't seen Lawrence for a while but it was like visiting an old friend , He recognised me straight away lots of waggs ,and happy jumps I sat with him as he climbed on my legs for cuddles, resting against me with face licks the lot .
This boy has clearly been loved and has a gorgeous glossy thick coat, Thankyou to his previous carers.

After all that love and affection off we went for a walk , Lawrence is very easy to walk as he loves being out, He looks back at you occasionally for praise , goodboys and happily skips along.
He happily walked past other dogs, pedestrians, he listens to you as he wants to please.

This boys confidence will grow and grow as he gets to know and trust you come on forever home.
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

ACC5683F-6665-4B4D-B596-45E0AE790BBE.jpeg
9A679609-8467-4407-B341-9467AE9EA1C7.jpeg
Lovely to see this lad again although of course it is a shame he is back in kennels.
Anyway, onwards and upwards Lawrence!
He gave me a very happy welcome in his kennel and off we trotted.
He is obviously housetrained and doesn’t like to do his business in his kennel as he wee’d for about 5 minutes non stop as soon as we had left the kennel block! Bless.
Lawrence is a doddle on the lead and so gentle that I had to check that he was still there.
We had a lovely walk with me chatting away to Lawrence and him acknowledging my nonsense by wagging his tail.
A special boy that needs an understanding owner that will support him when he feels nervous. Really pleased to report though that today diddy wee Lawrence was happy and confident throughout our time together.
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

A6E51DB9-8E92-4546-8E07-A8F039146E64.jpeg
Lawrence LOVES a runaround retrieving a tennis ball or twenty.
He is sooooo happy doing this and sooo doesn’t want to leave the paddock and go back to his kennel at the end of playtime so has anyone got a average sized garden and few tennis balls that are currently redundant? If you have, Lawrence could help you in putting them to use!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”