Scotty Staffie DofB 01.08.09 - 12.11.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Elliesmum

Re: Scotty Staffie DofB 01.08.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

Scotty is a very friendly boy who is desperate for human love. We walked through the woods today and he did stop a few times but moved on once I held his harness and encouraged him firmly and kindly. I've not walked him before so he was really good considering. Very confident in his room and keen for treats!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

Scotty was enjoying a walk in the woods today with Louise. When he spotted Barney in the paddock he was keen to come over and say hello, which he did very politely.
DSCF9962.jpgbarney,scotty.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Scotty is quite happy exploring around the woods within the kennel grounds now and sets quite a pace once he gets going. He loves to go and see if there are any dogs in the paddock and will say a polite hello through the fence. This is great progress for Scotty and Scotty and I have been gradually venturing out into the woods beyond the kennels and down to the bridle path. Again he is becoming more comfortable with this route the more we walk there.
Scotty on the bridle path just to prove what a brave boy he is and delight in his progress as his confidence grows.
Scotty on the bridle path just to prove what a brave boy he is and delight in his progress as his confidence grows.
frankie

Post by frankie »

Scotty was excited to be going for a walk . He was a bit reluctant at first but once he got a whiff of chicken treats we were on our way . He is good on the lead and walked well beside me . He likes to have a sniff here and explore as you walk . He decided that he wouldn't cross the little wooden boards across some of the grassy gully's , I walked across them and he went down one side and up the other , Clever lad . Very pretty chunky lad you just want to hug him xxx
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Scotty was a really good boy today, I made sure I talked to him lot's so he would be happy to go out and not too scared, he walked fine round the woods at the back of the kennels, we went up and down a few times....he likes to give you little kisses ....he just needs a home to give him confidence ...lovely boy ! love4.gif
Scotty boy xxx
Scotty boy xxx
anne

Post by anne »

Today Scotty was very brave again. No problem now going through the woods out to the bridle path, then he excelled himself by walking along the bridleway to the gate that leads onto the road. thumbs.gif We stopped there to have a chat and get our breath and then headed back. Once back in familiar territory Scotty gets to choose where he goes and I follow him, chatting away to him all the while.
DSCF0135.jpgscotty.jpg
stopping to watch the traffic before heading back
stopping to watch the traffic before heading back
anne

Post by anne »

Put out the flags, pop the champagne - Scotty shook off his fears and went for a long walk across the common and through the woods. This is incredible for a little dog who was scared to even walk across the car park a couple of weeks ago.
:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Once on the bridle path this morning, Scotty suddenly took off at a fast pace and didn't look back! Well he did look back but only when I called his name so I could take photos of his amazing walk. Otherwise he just strode along confidently ahead of me, happy to go wherever I suggested. Bridges, stiles, narrow paths, wide paths, woods, long grass- easy-peasy says Scotty. thumbs.gif
Scotty would like to share his walk with everyone, so here goes.......
DSCF0144.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0146.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0150.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0151.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0152.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0153.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0155.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0157.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0158.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0160.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0161.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0162.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0163.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0164.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0166.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0167.jpgscotty.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Scotty was happy to go for another long walk this morning. He was a little more hesitant than last time but with encouragement he was happy to keep going. His confidence is growing daily and this needs to be something all his walkers help him with. He thrives on gentle encouragement and constant reassurance from the other end of the lead and with that support he is moving forward and enjoying his walks more and more. Well done little Scotty. love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

When I popped into Scotty's room today to take him out, he was snuggled up in his bed and he rolled over to offer his tummy for tummy tickles. I, of course, duly obliged. Tickles over, Scotty stood patiently while I put on his harness. In fact he is such a polite, obliging boy, when I took off his red fleece pyjamas yesterday he carefully lifted each leg in turn to assist me. Off we trotted into the sunshine, Scotty walking along confidently in front. Although he walks at quite a pace he does not pull on the lead and is happy to take direction from me, just occasionally now needing a bit of encouragement and a confidence boost. Scotty seems to be fascinated by the stream and has over the last few walks shown great interest in heading down to it, so as it was warm today I let him scramble down the bank and dip his toes. Scotty had a gentle little paddle, had a drink and then headed back up to the path. He is such an easy going, endearing little character and I will never tire of watching his cute ears flapping up and down as he walks.
anne

Post by anne »

Scotty's confidence is growing with each walk he has. Today he walked at a slower pace, taking time to look around and sniff and investigate his surroundings. Most of the time he was happy to take my direction and go along whichever path I chose. Sometimes I let Scotty make his own decisions as to which way to go. There were only a couple of times I needed to help him along when his nerves got the better of him. I think he was enjoying our walk so much he wanted to go round again. Normally he is very keen to take the path back to the kennels but today as we neared the end of the walk, instead of wanting to go back he marched off in a different direction, but as soon as I suggested it was time to go back he followed me without any fuss. Scotty is a special very affectionate, friendly boy who will thrive with consistency, stability and routine and special people he can bond with. I am sure Scotty would settle with older dog savvy children as I can image him quite happy to snuggle up and be happy watching television or being a companion while they are playing computer games. He just wants to be with people and be included.
DSCF0296.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0298.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF0300.jpgscotty.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”