Scotty Staffie DofB 01.08.09 - 12.11.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Scotty Staffie DofB 01.08.09 - 12.11.20

Post by xxlynne »

Scotty9.jpg
We lost little Scotty today . Cancer got him. We loved him so much and he was adored from the day we met him.... Stuart and Teresa
Scotty.jpg
Current Status: Homed
Scotty's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Spent 8 months in a Rescue Centre but found him very stressed in kennel environment so Rescue Remedies offered to take Scotty on to save his life. Scotty is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Scotty was in a room in the kennel owner's house (Gatwick Kennels) & settled well. Scotty was now in foster with 3 other Staffies.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Scotty's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
23.08.2017 003.JPG
Scotty's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Scotty arrived in an extremely stressful state and could not cope in kennels.
anne

Re: Scotty Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Scotty is a beautiful, friendly soul who loves people but is rather stressed by life as he finds himself in kennels. He happily invited Louise and I into his room toady and gave us both lovely cuddles. We took him out for a stroll but he did not want to wander too far from the safety of his room. He was delighted when Lynne got him a handful of toys and happily went back to his room with his toys and we left him playing in his bed. His spotty ears are rather special and he has those soft, brown staffie eyes which melt your heart.
DSCF9701.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF9704.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF9706.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF9707.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF9712.jpgscotty.jpg
DSCF9711.jpgscotty.jpg
sweetpea

Re: Scotty Staffie DofB 01.08.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sweetpea »

Bless his heart ...he only looks like a baby love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

What a lovely boy love4.gif super photos as always Anne thumbs.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh my! Another one love4.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

The eyes have it, that's what they say and in Scotty's case it's true, same with his ears, oh my they are adorable, and his lovely nose, such a sweetheart love4.gif
DSC08150.JPG
Scotty seems to be settling in well and he thoroughly enjoyed coming to say hi in the paddock last night :D
DSC08154.JPG
Feast your eyes on this staffilicious boy love4.gif
DSC08158.JPG
DSC08155.JPG
DSC08148.JPG
DSC08152.JPG
DSC08149.JPG
DSC08151.JPG
DSC08156.JPG
DSC08159.JPG
DSC08160.JPG
DSC08161.JPG
DSC08157.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Scotty has been with us a week now and he is settling in beautifully. He has his own room which is away from the kennel block but uses the paddock which faces on the back of the large dog kennel runs. There is usually another dog chilling out on the other side of a mesh fence/ adjoining paddock. We can observe natural tendencies in approach, social etiquette and even relationships. Scotty has always approach dogs a little stiffly. He has a variety of responses to other dogs he can climb down from their hype and walk away; he can exchange hype and face it through settling into a calm exchange, he often also just has momentary sniffs and then walks on. Tonight he had 2 large shepherds facing him off at close quarters from the end of their shared kennel. Scotty had a little banter back and moved on to the next shouty dog and then kept moving. I watched him from afar with out him knowing my presence. After a potter around he sauntered back to the shepherds end of kennel their intro was less intense he chose not to exchange and slowly walked away. From a different vantage point I checked up on him later he was smelling the tail of one of the shepherds who had turned his back on Scotty engaged in what his kennel mate was doing.

Scotty is building his self confidence daily. Scotty is not a dog to pander too...he needs his handler to show commitment and confidence in their direction of him. Scotty physically relaxes knowing he is in safe hands. Scotty will progress fast and is in a very 'chilllaxed' mode in his room, providing he doesn't have a plastic toys to get worked up over...even this we will revisit in the future. Therapy is about gentle stretching into supported territory and then the mastery of adaption and confidence: independent of their facilitator. Dogs don't need us to label them: they need us to believe in them and invest in their empowerment
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

What a treat to walk this boy today. I had a lovely welcome from Scotty as I went to collect him from his room. He walks really well on his lead with no pulling. We had a walk through the woods where he enjoyed a good sniff along the way. I took Scotty into our Poets Hut where I was hoping that I could get Scotty to relax on the sofa and have some cuddles. Scotty was a little bit wary to begin with but soon started to relax. He declined to jump up on the sofa so I am not sure if he has ever been allowed on furniture previously. That was ok, Scotty sat down by my feet so I was able to stroke him. It is nice for the dogs to be able to escape all the noise and goings on at the kennels and have the opportunity to relax. Scotty didn't want to go for another walk as I had planned and pulled to go back into the kennels as we approached the car park. Instead, I played with Scotty in his room. He has some toys and was quite happy playing fetch with me. Scotty is such a sweet boy. love4.gif Very bewildered to find himself in kennels at this present time. I am sure that he will come out of his shell soon enough with all the love and support he has from the staff and walkers alike. xx
20170903_115559.jpg
20170903_115744.jpg
bethfarr

Post by bethfarr »

Lovely time with scotty today x he is beautiful and loves running around with a ball
IMG_0047.JPG
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Thanks to Scotty for helping us set up yesterday for today's picnic in the paddock for our lovely walkers - look it was sunny yesterday, if only it had been today but thankfully it didn't dampen spirits thumbs.gif
IMG_7640.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”