Kevin Staffie x DofB 11.07.09 - 16th February 24

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Kevin Staffie x DofB 11.07.09 - 16th February 24

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
kevin.jpg
Kevin (2).jpg
Kevin's Story: Kevin is a legend. He has a beautiful temperament and is a firm favourite with our kennel walkers. Like many Staffies, Kevin finds kennels stressful, as he is very people orientated and would like nothing more than to be a companion to his humans every day. Whether that means walking or cuddling on the sofa, either would suit Kevin down to the ground. Kevin meets dogs well outside, or ignores them, and is easy to manage on his lead. He may be sensitive / allergic to fish, so we advise that his forever home excludes fish and shellfish from his diet. This should be easy to manage.

Kevin has been completely healthy since he has been with us in 2017, and has had no seizures or 'spells', as originally reported by the pound where he was resident before we offered him a rescue place. He has had some skin issues in the past; we believe this was due to stress, or perhaps diet, as he has fully recovered and his fur has grown back. His back has occasionally been sensitive, so he doesn't like harnesses and coats. But since he is so easy to walk, he is safely manageable with just a well-fitting collar and lead, and handler awareness. Kevin was homed to a family by us for a short time, but was returned. Kevin needs a home that is on the quieter side so that he can relax surrounded by his family's love but will not be smothered nor driven to over-excitement, so best to be homed with a family with no small children. Kevin is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. He is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his forever family.

Kevin originally came to us after he was repeatedly found stray, and was finally unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life.
Kevin57.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for[url=http://rescueremediesdogrescue.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5785&p=84165#p84165] Kevin's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. [/url] To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Kevin89.jpg
Kevin60.JPG
Kevin58.JPG
Kevin54.JPG
Kevin's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. SBT male (castrated & fully vaccinated). Unclaimed stray from a high kill pound. From a family that is well known to local authority and the police. Kevin has been a constant stray over the years. Has been very well behaved and seems to love everyone. Generally well behaved around other dogs but can react in kennel block. Previous owner's drug worker contacted us asking for the dog back but we refused as unsafe home. Mentioned he has seizures if he eats fish. Kevin has had two episodes of falling over during his time at kennels, both seemed stress related. Vets have given him an MOT and couldn't find anything wrong - blood tests appear fine. No further episodes of falling over. S&S
Elliesmum

Re: Kevin Staffie DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

KEVIN!!!!! What can I say, I adore him love4.gif
Lynne asked me to give him some time this morning, and I would fight someone to do so again haha. He is an utter, utter smasher. Friendly doesn't even describe him. I honestly felt like I had known him forever. He is quite enthusiastic in his friendliness but is very soft and gentle, not rough, although he might bump into say, a toddler. Cuddles galore and very connected in the paddock and walked well on a lead. Kevin showed utter joy in running around, playing with a ball and rolling everywhere. I did wonder once or twice if he had trouble hearing me but then at other times, he came straight away when I called him. His recall is good and he spent a lot of time off lead and very well connected to me. Complete sweetheart, he is going on my long list of favourites love4.gif
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

I agree with all of the above. What a delightful, friendly chap he is. love4.gif
DSCF9190.jpgkevin.jpg
DSCF9197.jpgkevin.jpg
DSCF9199.jpgkevin.jpg
DSCF9208.jpgkevin.jpg
DSCF9210.jpgkevin.jpg
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

Beautiful friendly boy is Kevin, keen to get out and about on his walk this morning but stops for frequent cuddles. We had a great wander round the fields and after the first couple of minutes I couldn't even tell he was on the lead, just strolling happily along beside me. He met a couple of other dogs very well, perhaps a little over enthusiastic with a nervous spaniel but tail wagging all the time. When we got back to the kennels I sat on the grass for cuddles and he just reversed himself onto my lap and lay down taking in all the tummy rubs he could get. I can't find anything negative to say unless of course you have a pet squirrel, then Kevin is not the dog for you! 0002.gif]
Judy

Re: Kevin Staffie DofB 11.07.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I took Kevin out for the first time today, he was very welcoming when I entered his kennel, first of all giving plenty of licks. He is the most gorgeous boy who didn't put a paw wrong. He is very easy in every way, gentle when taking treats, very well behaved. I don't think it will be long before Kevin is snapped up. A fantastic boy all round. Heart fill with love.gif]
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Sorry, I didn't get photos today, but we all know Kevin is a hunk. I just adore this boy, he greeted me in his kennel like an old friend and was so pleased to get out. We had a lovely walk and he was so good. Kevin is your typical staffie. He chatters a lot, clacks his teeth when excited and when you are giving him a good old cuddle with belly rubs he groans and moans, so he wears his heart on his sleeve. He greeted everyone we met with chatting and presenting his belly. Darling dog.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Had some lovely time with a Kevin on Friday, such a loving lovely boy love4.gif
IMG_6702.JPG
IMG_6703.JPG
Big smiles :0)
Big smiles :0)
IMG_6705.JPG
Smiles and a very blurry wagging tail xxx
Smiles and a very blurry wagging tail xxx
Belly crawl on the cool grass !
Belly crawl on the cool grass !
Tummy rubs and smiles !
Tummy rubs and smiles !
Sitting in close, love him
Sitting in close, love him
IMG_6710.JPG
IMG_6711.JPG
All smiles is our Kevin :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Kevin the corker love4.gif Top boy, very loving thumbs.gif
DSC06760.JPG
DSC06748.JPG
DSC06749.JPG
DSC06745.JPG
DSC06750.JPG
DSC06754.JPG
DSC06755.JPG
DSC06747.JPG
DSC06751.JPG
DSC06756.JPG
DSC06757.JPG
DSC06758.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

I must admit having a soft spot for this boy. He always welcomes with a big staffie smile and cuddles. He walked so quietly and calmly with a loose lead the whole walk today. I hardly knew he was there. He enjoyed a paddle in the stream and was just savouring every second of his walk with a waggy tail and big smile.
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Want to wake up cheerful every day ??? Just take King Kevin home.........he is the ultimate pick me up.....his joyful and friendly nature is so adorable.

Met King Kev today and walked him with Harry and his walker Helen...they walked perfectly together and Kev was calm and sweet.ahhhhhhhhhhh heat stealer !!! Heart fill with love.gif]
I'm King Kev and I'm looking for YOU ! xx
I'm King Kev and I'm looking for YOU ! xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”