Millie Staffie DofB 2012 Ongar, Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Millie Staffie DofB 2012 Ongar, Essex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Milliehead.jpg
Millie's Story: Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Millie is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Millie was in Gatwick Kenns awaiting a new family.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Millie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Millie56.jpg
Millie54.jpg
Millie78.jpg
Millie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Millie was found on a very hot day end of May without collar or chip. Millie was unclaimed so now we can begin to prep her for a new loving family.
anne

Re: Millie Staffie DofB?2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Here are some photos from the 3 walks I have shared with Millie. She is a darling, affectionate girl, happy and easy trotting along beside you on the lead. She could do with shedding a few pounds icon_redface.gif but her stamina will build as she shares wonderful walks with our lovely volunteers who are already falling for her charms. In the last photos she stopped for cuddles with Corrina after her walk. Never one to miss out on cuddles is our Millie. love4.gif
DSCF8964.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8960.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8839.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8836.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8823.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8806.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8800.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8791.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8979.jpgmillie.jpg
DSCF8978.jpgmillie.jpg
Steve A

Post by Steve A »

I have taken Millie for a couple of walks , she is a delight. She is so pleased to see you and although anxious to get going she is easy to harness. On exiting the kennels she bounces and will lightly mouth the lead a leave command does the trick and she very quickly settles to a gentle trot. Millie loves being spoken to and reacts with a gentle bounce and big smile.Gentle and affectionate sum her up. An easy walk with a beautiful girl. PS not adverse to a treat which she accepts with a soft mouth.Steve
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I was lucky enough to spend some time with this little beauty last week - it was a super hot morning, and Millie is a little on the round side, but that didn't dampen her enthusiasm at all. She is easy to harness, and once she's been told not to grab the lead, walks really nicely - she was happy enough walking behind another dog, but was a little apprehensive meeting a much bigger dog head on. She was easily distracted and moved on, and I would imagine that with the right introduction MIllie would be ok with other dogs.

It was hot, and she was thirsty - drinking nearly a litre of water as we went, and then enjoying a nice bowl full when we sat under the trees for cuddles and belly rubs afterwards.
sitting in the shade...
sitting in the shade...
It's official, Millie is my new crush!
Loving the belly rubs
Loving the belly rubs
She's hard to resist!
oh yeh, that's the spot....
oh yeh, that's the spot....
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Yes! Millie is truly adorable ....such a friendly, affectionate girl, impeccable manners, she just loved trotting beside me on a loose lead holding her tennis ball. What a great companion! thumbs.gif She certainly enjoys walking and nothing bothers her. We paused for pictures and each time Millie lay down and played with her ball. She dropped it beside my car when we got back and it rolled underneath .... she tried to reach it and nearly got stuck ...she is a bit too cuddly to squeeze into small spaces!!! angel13.gif]

2017-06-09 22.39.03.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_1225.JPG
Millie has the same name as my daughter so I just had to walk her. That's where the comparisons end. This Millie is cheerful, happy, easy to take out, happy to go where I wanted to go, didn't cost me any money and didn't moan about how unfair life is!!!! So, anyone visiting kennels this week may find I've replaced this Millie with my one.......
Sarahk

Re: Millie Staffie DofB?2009 Overnight Oxted

Post by Sarahk »

Millie has come for an overnight stay thumbs.gif

Millie is a dynamo that doesn't stop once a kong or tennis ball is available !
Here she is having fun in the garden when we arrived home this evening love4.gif

Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Millie Staffie DofB?2009 Oxted Overnight foster

Post by Sarahk »

Kong and tennis ball banished to the kitchen and now a sleepy cuddly girl full of kisses xxx
IMG_6347.JPG
Sarahk

Re: Millie Staffie DofB?2009 Oxted overnight

Post by Sarahk »

Millie is such a sweetheart, a 'wears her heart on her sleeve' kind of loving staffie with a most lovely waggle whenever you talk to her love4.gif

She's gone off to the vets today with Lynne and i have lots of photos to upload of the sweetie during her stay with me thumbs.gif
Hoping I'll get time later but in the meantime here's a couple of the sweetie from this morning, tucked up between my legs before it was time to get up !!!
IMG_6351.JPG
IMG_6352.JPG
love4.gif
Sarahk

Re: Millie Staffie DofB?2009 Oxted overnight

Post by Sarahk »

Some snaps of garden play time with Millie...

Boy she wears her smile well and what a smile it is love4.gif
DSC06060.JPG
DSC06063.JPG
DSC06091.JPG
DSC06094.JPG
Absolute beauty love4.gif

Has a love of tennis balls, or is that a hate of whole tennis balls so a love of destroying them !!! Its a serious business you know 0002.gif]
DSC06062.JPG
DSC06069.JPG
DSC06076.JPG
DSC06078.JPG
DSC06081.JPG
DSC06082.JPG
DSC06084.JPG
As is kong chewing indoors !
DSC06099.JPG
One more of that beautiful smile :D
DSC06089.JPG
Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”