Duchess Staffie DofB 02.02.12 Hanworth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Duchess Staffie DofB 02.02.12 Hanworth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Duchess77.JPG
Duchess's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Surrey council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Duchess is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Duchess ww sin foster as an only dog in Hanworth but now her forever home.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Duchess's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Duchess.jpg
Duchess06.jpg
Duchess17.jpg
Duchess's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 17.05.17: Duchess was found stray and is settling in kennels with us.
Debbie(tarakisha)

Re: Duchess Staffie DofB 02.02.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Welcome Duchess love4.gif You walked very nicely with Anne alongside Rosie and I today. Such a little sweetheart xx
anne

Post by anne »

Duchess is a little teeny weeny delightful staffie girl. She is understandably a little unsure and nervous at the moment but was happy for me to enter her kennel and gently put her harness on. As we went out of the kennels her little tail was between her legs but she perked up as we went for a walk with Rosie walked by Debbie. The girls were very happy and relaxed together. There were a few times on our walk that Duchess seemed to get concerned and turn to go back but with gentle encouragement I was able to persuade her to walk on. I shall go back to see her tomorrow and try and get some photos. :welcome.gif: little one x
Stu

Post by Stu »

I walked Duchess today and although she was very timid to start with I managed to coax her with some chicken and eventually she allowed me to harness her. Once out of the kennels she seemed interested in exploring and was happy to walk to the end of the lane and the main road which didn't seem to bother her. She is a very nice dog and I am sure will come out of herself as her confidence builds.
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF8580.jpgduchess.jpg
DSCF8581.jpgduchess.jpg
DSCF8583.jpgduchess.jpg
DSCF8585.jpgduchess.jpg
DSCF8588.jpgduchess.jpg
DSCF8591.jpgduchess.jpg
DSCF8592.jpgduchess.jpg
DSCF8595.jpgduchess.jpg
DSCF8597.jpgduchess.jpg
Tim

Post by Tim »

Well lucky Duchess had an extra walk today, albeit only to the paddock where we took a few photos of her.

When I entered the kennel she was very submissive but when she saw the harness in my hand her tail started wagging, very easy to harness and she completely ignored the other dogs whilst we both trotted out of the kennel.

We took a new harness with us for the photo shoot and in between changing them we even managed to get a few photos in all her glory.

Meeting Rachel for the first time, I noticed she has an unusual stance, almost play like,
DSC03303.jpg
When i approached with the camera she definitely wasn't too sure of me
DSC03306.jpg

But after around 10 mins of us both just talking to her and wandering around the paddock, she was happy to lie down for cuddles
DSC03312.jpg
Something attracted her attention
DSC03329.jpg
You can see in her face her anxiety is starting to go
DSC03319.jpg
DSC03310.jpg
She's not that big , around knee height and even off lead didn't stray far from Rachel
DSC03317.jpg
DSC03332.jpg
Rachel said she was extremely gentle when taking a treat
DSC03335.jpg
DSC03333.jpg
Duchess was now starting to get brave, even jumping up to Rachel for a treat
DSC03345.jpg
DSC03340.jpg
We both noticed how her whole demeanor had changed within the half hour she was with us, no longer tail tucked right under but even wagging when you spoke to her, a little reserved when you first meet her but once she gets to know you'll I;m sure she'd be a very loyal and loving companion. A real sweetie love4.gif
DSC03315.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Duchess is such a sweetheart, I was lucky to get to spend an hour and a half or so with her this afternoon. As has been said before, the more time you spend with her the more she opens herself up and settles in your company. The poor girl is a bit bewildered in kennels right now but went from shying away to cuddling on my lap to nearly falling asleep in her bed from some nice gentle massage all within half an hour. Duchess was so excited to be going for a walk, when she saw Charlie at the kennel door her tail wouldn't stop wagging (Duchess, not Charlie thumbs.gif). She did down get anxious a few times but like Anne said, some gentle encouragement goes a long way. She definitely didn't want to budge a few times so we went on a nice longer walk which still lead us back to the kennels, she didn't fall for my attempts to "trick" her into going back the way we came, clever girl :D Back at the kennels she was greeted by quite a few people in the car park and responded so well to having a fuss made of her.

Hopefully Duchess will flourish once she realises she's safe and that all she'll get is love from everyone :crossfingers.gif:
Duchess.jpg
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Oh beautiful Duchess, still very submissive in her kennel but I can see she at least seems more settled compared to this time last week. She enjoyed some gentle cuddles and belly rubs before she got very excited as her harness was popped on. Bless her, her little tail wags so fast when excited love4.gif

We joined Chico (being walked by my mum) for a nice walk, both were happy and relaxed in each other's company. Duchess is still a little scared with sudden noises (poor thing jumped when a pigeon took off from a branch above her) but on the whole enjoyed being out and about. So easy to walk, most of the time she was walking to heel with the occasional lovely trot out in front. She only stopped a couple of times but with some encouragement and the sight of Chico ahead she moved on nicely.

She shows glimpses of letting herself relax, hopefully Duchess will come out of her shell more and more as time goes on because she's a sweet sweet girl :smiley-gen132.gif:
Duchess.jpg
Duchess enjoyed a gentle paddle in the stream
Duchess enjoyed a gentle paddle in the stream
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

I walked Duchess today for the first time. She has come a long way since I saw her the last couple of weeks when she was a very shy,nervous and scared young girl in her kennel. Well today there was none of that and she came to the kennel door to greet my son and I with an eagerness we hadn't seen on previous occasions. I am sure the love and care she has had in the kennels by both the volunteer walkers and kennel staff has certainly had a positive affect on our sweet lovely Duchess.

Whereas on previous walks she had been rather cautious and slower, today she was definitely on a mission and was moving at a good pace to keep up with Jordan walked by my son Chris.

It is so good to see Duchess's confidence building and not to see her cower in her kennel anymore. Amazing what a bit of love can do. Onwards and upwards from now on Duchess. :goodluck.gif:
20170602_095906_opt.jpg
Duchess appears to be play bowing to try to catch the attention of Jordan
Duchess appears to be play bowing to try to catch the attention of Jordan
Duchess bowing down even further to try to catch Jordan's attention
Duchess bowing down even further to try to catch Jordan's attention
Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz »

Met Duchess today.
What a lovely girl! Easy on the lead and full of affection. Every time you sit down, she gives you a cuddle and face wash.
We had a great walk.
IMG_0661.JPG
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”