xxlynne

Jake Staffie DOB 27.04.13 - 09.05.23

Post by xxlynne »

Jake10.JPG
JakeyRIP.jpg
Jake (4).jpg
Jake's Thread below:
Current Status: HOMED
Jake's Story : Jake was taken in from another Rescue that was closing down: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Jake is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Jake was in boarding kennels nr Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for[url=http://rescueremediesdogrescue.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5508] Jake's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. [/url] To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Jake23.jpg
Jake07.JPG
Jake28.JPG
Jake's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 26.03.17: Jake, white and red adult male neutered. He's a lovely boy according to the kennels. Not keen on other dogs in kennel environment but I'm not sure much work has been done on that. Nx
Chapmania

Re: Jake Staffie DOB 09.12 Comes when we have a space

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Jake love4.gif xx
nada.c

Re: Jake Staffie DOB TBAss Chessington Kennels

Post by nada.c »

Met new boy Jake today. He's a chunky little monkey and so very well mannered! Our walk was all about getting to know Jake. A cat crossed our path - he noticed but wasn't interested. When we stopped at the kerb to wait for cars, he dutifully sat without me even asking. We passed another dog and as I didn't know how Jake is with dogs, I asked him to sit. He whimpered as if to say he really wanted to say hello! When we saw another dog ahead, his pace picked up to try to catch up. And did I say how easy he was to walk on the lead? No pulling and so very responsive to commands. A lovely boy who has clearly been well loved before :welcome.gif:
Giving a big smile for the camera
Giving a big smile for the camera
He has a cute wiggly behind!
He has a cute wiggly behind!
Enjoying the smells along our walk
Enjoying the smells along our walk
frankie

Post by frankie »

I walked this lovely lad yesterday. My first walk with Jake he's a chunky boy. Listens to his walker did a lovely sit to cross the road. We came to a grassy area and Jake a little bark and got very excited he wanted to play. He is easy to walk. We met an elderly lady on a mobility scooter and she had a little terrier sitting in the footwell she said he was a RR dog and she was very impressed with Jake who sat patiently waiting. He gave little whimper I think he wanted to say hello. We walked passed a driveway and low and behold there was a cat. Jake was excited not sure if he would of chased but a quick "leave it"and he trotted on. Lovely walk with a lovely boy x x
HOLLYPOLLY

Post by HOLLYPOLLY »

My first walk with this lovely boy today around the quieter streets of Chessington. Jake was not too keen on the other dogs when we were leaving kennels, but soon settled down into a good walk. A good walker with no pulling on the lead. Jake was responsive and happy to be out. Likes his treats treats, but not overly thirsty on this occasion. A lovely boy to walk, happy, but not overly licky or in your face.
lucywall

Post by lucywall »

Had a fun walk with Jake today. He is a happy and friendly dog, sits nicely for treats and is very good with other dogs. A dog offlead came up to him and jumped up and got caught in his lead and he handled it very well. Was patient and calm. Walks nicely on the lead. Was slightly fascinated by the horses, his ears pricked up and his eyes opened wide while he stopped and gawped a bit but not a problem to control at all. 0028.gif
John

Post by John »

Got to meet Jake today. We went walking with Smiley and Lily who were with new walkers Michelle and Charlotte. Had a nice wander over the playing fields. Jake is another really nice dog. He is attentive and affectionate and really easy to walk.
lucywall

Post by lucywall »

Walked lovely Jake today. He was keen and a bit pully for the first 10/15 mins but then he totally chilled out and walked pleasantly and calmly by my side for the following hour and a quarter that we were out. Was a bit excited by a few other dogs, mainly black labs it seemed! Had a nice paddle. He drunk from my dog bottle and took his treats very gently. Happy, bright eyed and wagging tail.
Davidoneill

Post by Davidoneill »

Jake1_opt.jpg
What a handsome chap Jake is. Had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with Jake exploring Chessington. First time met Jake. He is great on the lead - adjusts his speed to match your own, no pulling, in fact he seems to know instinctively when you are about to stop. Over the course of a couple of hours we encountered several animals - no grief from any, Jake remained aloof and was very friendly with people.

Jake is a very gentle soul, not needy or nor jumpy and with a good natured balanced temperament. I very much enjoyed Jake's company and it is so easy to bond with him (as so many other people have) in the course of an afternoon... just imagine how well Jake will fit into a new home and how much happiness he can bring.
Jake2_opt.jpg
helenmc2003

Post by helenmc2003 »

I walked chunky monkey Jake this afternoon. He's a chill dog. As others have observed, no pulling, lovely manners. Will sit and takes treats politely, no snatching. Lovely dog.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”