Bertie Staffie DofB 23.09.06 - 1st March 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Bertie Staffie DofB 23.09.06 - 1st March 2021

Post by xxlynne »

Effy27.JPG
1st March 21: Sophie and Mark let us know that that they had to let Bertie go He was sooo loved.
Bertie.jpg
Bertie's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed Bertie's Story : Bertie was owned by his family since a puppy. He lived in the back garden in a unheated kennel with a run. Bertie hasn't been mixed with other dogs He did get walks with the family and their children occasionally but now the family don't have time for him: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Bertie is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Bertie came into our Rescue on the 28.01.17. Bertie was in foster in West Moseley as an only pet.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Bertie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Effy03.JPG
Effy09.JPG
Bertie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information: We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Jan 2017: We have been asked to offer Bertie a Rescue place by his owners.
Effe2.jpg
Effe1.jpg
Effe3.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Bertie Staffie DofB 23.09.06 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Bertie arrived this afternoon. He is under weight and in need of TLC.
Effy90.jpg
Effy91.jpg
Effy92.jpg
John

Post by John »

I met Bertie for the first time today. We had a very relaxed and easy walk. Bertie is happy to go at whatever pace you set, will stop when asked and is a non puller.
I have a feeling that before long with the love and support he will now be receiving Bertie will become a contented loyal boy. :goodluck.gif:
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

2nd walk of the day with the most adorable Bertie. He is perfect on the lead no tugging what so ever. You can tell he's been with a family and it's such a shame he in rescue so I really hope he not here long.
He will make the bestest friend ever, and someone is losing out big time.
Bertie is the most chilled out dog I've walked and our walk was so relaxed . He's perfect.
Love this boy
So much. He has impeccable manners
Bramleyapples

Post by Bramleyapples »

received_10155322427225942-614x819.jpeg
Posted on behalf of Jo
HOLLYPOLLY

Post by HOLLYPOLLY »

Had the pleasure of walking Bertie for the first time today. A lovely boy, gentle and non-pulling on the lead and takes treats well. Came out of the kennels with a little cough, but this soon settled down and walked at a gentle pace. Loves a good sniff around, got a couple of kisses too! A lovely boy.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

The lovely boy Bertie with the biggest sweetest eyes visited me today with Lynne - oh did he enjoy playtime in the garden with the rubber ring, tossed it around in sheer joy, lovely to watch. :D
Bertie is simply adorable love4.gif
DSC03227.JPG
DSC03236.JPG
DSC03233.JPG
DSC03234.JPG
DSC03221.JPG
DSC03229.JPG
Playtime :cool.gif:
DSC03203.JPG
DSC03209.JPG
DSC03200.JPG
DSC03201.JPG
DSC03202.JPG
DSC03205.JPG
DSC03208.JPG
DSC03231.JPG
Love him love4.gif
DSC03230.JPG
bighug.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
frankie

Post by frankie »

I met this beautiful lad today and he is a smashing chap . Walks well on the lead no pulling super chilled .We came out of kennels to one noisy lab and two barking German shepherd dogs not a murmur from Bertie, he ignored them all .Brilliant! We had a walk around the streets of Chessington . He was not fazed by traffic just walked along having a quick glance back to make sure you are still there. As we were walking along a car pulled up opposite us and a elderly man called across and said " I want one them " Well I asked him what the poo bag or the dog ha!ha obviously he meant Bertie and who wouldn't want him. I gave him details on how to find RR info (I wish I had some info on me ) . Bertie said a big hello through the car window . Well done lovely boy you pulled ! He did RR proud
He's a darling and lovely to walk xxxxxx
He does a lovely sit and will automatically give you his paw bless him x
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Took the adorable Bertie out this morning , had a lovely easy peasy walk with Carly a new walker for chessy,
Bertie is the most easiest, placid dog I've met. He had little Jake keenly following him a little way behind and he wasn't bothered at all. They met noses too and both were fantastically behaved.
It breaks my heart hes rescue so can we share him so he his loving humans and a warm sofa very soon . :smiley-gen013.gif: jo rising , chessington
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Had a great morning Saturday. First walk of the day , spent a lovely hour with this handsome, calm boy again. I bought him a ball as he loves to have a play. He's possessive with the ball ( not in an aggressive way) so I'm trying to teach him to drop and leave . Slowly but surely .
He's the perfect gent. I do love this boy so much

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”