Codi Staffie DofB 20.10.09 Pulborough W Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Codi Staffie DofB 20.10.09 Pulborough W Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Codi 7.jpg
Codi is Staffie of the month for May 18
Codi's Story : Found 8th Oct 16 next to his owner's dead body: Police bought him into the pound. No relatives able to help him: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving their life. Codi is now be neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Codi was homed and then in foster for several months. Was in boarding kennels nr Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months when they are sure of their dogs instincts & skills, so as not to place dog's lives at risk (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Codi's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time and tolerance to allow them to settle.
Codi (3).jpg
Codi45.jpg
Codi's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 10.10.16: "I got this entire male, name Codi DOB Oct 2009. Owner found dead in property on Saturday. Police brought the dog in, no family to take him. Yes Codi can go straight away. Mxxx
Codi03.jpg
Codi04.jpg
Codi5.jpg
Codi.jpg
Codi02.jpg
Codi comes in with Barney, Arnie on Thursday
xxlynne

Re: Codi Staffie DofB 20/10/2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Codi is just the sweetest and most submissive boy. Desperate to make sense of it all; can beeline people.

Codi was very easy to manage in the vets and easy to transport in a travel crate. Codi travelled to Guildford where he had his meal and now doubt sleeping his operation off
MandaTK

Codi Staffie DofB 20/10/2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by MandaTK »

Form an orderly queue Guildford walkers. Little Codi is dinky and gorgeous and likes nothing more than CUDDLES. He snuggles into you so beautifully when you enter his kennel. He walked with Barney this morning on Barney's homing and showed what a good boy he is. He really liked Barney! He took so much interest in his new walking surroundings down to the lock and around the Island and really enjoyed watching things on the river too. I think little Codi is going to have quite a few fans.................... Gorgeous little boy. xxxx
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Codi is a perfect "proper Staffie" and I am hoping beyond hope that he doesn't stay in kennels long as he's quite upset by the whole experience.
He is the easiest walk I have ever had, we quickly went down to just my running lead which is attached to my waist and had a hands free walk. The dinky poppet just trotted along with me, grinning up every now and again. I think his reaction to dogs in the pound was only stress because every time we saw a dog he'd give a gentle whine and gave beautiful friendly signals.
On return to his kennel we stopped in front of Teddy and had a chat about how Codi would like a pal, they both wagged and 'dog chatted', Teddy agreed he'd help Codi out love4.gif
Codi didn't want me to leave him and attempted to hold onto me with his paws, it was a little heartbreaking but I focused on helping him to relax a bit which he managed. At no point did he become mouthy despite his need for company and confusion at the kennel environment, such a gentle boy.
ooooooh I like this log Laura
ooooooh I like this log Laura
Climbing fun!
Climbing fun!
Look how teeeeeny I am
Look how teeeeeny I am

rare 'mouth closed' moment
rare 'mouth closed' moment
Krissiblue

Post by Krissiblue »

Just to say to any potential adopters ...

I saw and met this little boy today when I picked up HollyMay (the Staffie I adopted) and he is just the most adorable little thing - his eyes have such a sad haunting look that truly light up when you interact with him. My son made a fuss of him and he responded with so much tail wagging and smiling, If i could have, I would have taken him too , but HollyMay needs to be an only dog.

He is going to make a wonderful addition to some lucky family.

Good luck Codi xxxxxxx love4.gif
Dani

Post by Dani »

Yesterday I got to spend time with the lovely Codi, a bit of a heart breaker. Life is sad for him at moment. He was lovely and easy to harness and get out of kennels but after became stressed. We hang about kennels/paddock area for a good while and then we followed Teddy and Gwylum out on a nice walk. A different dog with his kennel pals, walked beautifully with much more confidence. Poor boy has been through a lot.
anne

Codi Staffie DofB 20/10/2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Codi is such a sweet dinky little staffie. He is very needy for human attention at the moment and very excited when you enter his kennel. He is such a good boy on his walks. He trots along happily, tail wagging, his cute little ears flapping and a happy staffie smile. He is very responsive and waits very patiently while you climb over the stiles. I had a lovely relaxed, calm walk with him on Monday and again this morning. He is a very lovable little character.
Sarahk

Codi Staffie DofB 20/10/2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Codi enjoying his walk with Charlie yesterday :D
Out in front with Bentley and Keith...
IMG_3584.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Codi Staffie DofB 20.10.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Codi met little Tiggy today Here he is walking with Tiggy Jean & Jason and Cora

It was a special meeting and Codi has gone home to see if Jean & Jason can make arrangments for the coming week for Codi to be saved kennels. We all pray it works out

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Codi came back today as originally planned. Ball in the garden, and both dogs didn't have enough trust to deal with sharing toys at this stage. Codi can get a little hot under his collar but then we think he has been an only dog for somewhile so slowly slowly a dog develops the skills to respect another. Welcome back little boy Guildford walkers form an orderly queue

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”