Ebby Staffie x DofB 2009 Basildon Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Ebby Staffie x DofB 2009 Basildon Essex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Ebby13.JPG
Ebby needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Ebby lost her home as her owner had a baby and needed to move accommodation and couldn't take Ebby with her. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Ebby's life. Ebby is neutered, chipped but needs vaccination. She can form friendships with dogs but doesn't like sudden approaches by stranger dogs. Great with children and people. Can be left.

Visit Ebby's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Ebby2.jpg
Ebby5.jpg
Ebby1.jpg
Ebby3.jpg
Ebby6.jpg
Ebby.jpg
Ebby18.JPG
Ebby's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Please remember this is the information we received from the referrer. Once a dog is with us and we begin to work with them and unpack them they can and often do reveal positive skills trust and transform behaviours 24.08.16: Approached by a friend who is a vet nurse

Hi Lynne, I wonder if you may be able to help? We have been approached by a lady who is moving into a new house and isn’t able to take her staffie with her. I know you must get loads of these emails and I am really sorry to have to ask. This lady is saying she has no other option but to euthanize this dog if it is not gone by Friday 26th! We are desperately searching for other options for her. Are you able to help at all?

"19.08.16 This is my beautiful staffie Ebby, she is a lovely dog who is 7 years old.
She is a laidback dog, who is house trained & can be left on her own. She is amazing with children and loves humans.
she loves playing with water, loves playing football or with a tennis ball. She eats anything But loves a Dairylea filled Kong, filled hoofs.
Her jabs are up to date, she is spayed and is chipped I'm just waiting for certificate to come through as I changed her address.
I have everything she needs leads, muzzle, beds, bowls, coats for the winter and a supply of food
Due to having a baby and moving to new flat that won't take dogs, I'm having to re home her.
Ebby can be temperamental and unpredictable with other dogs as she was not socialized properly as a puppy. So she need to be lead walked only and muzzled when in close proximity to other dogs She can get on with other dogs if she is introduce them slowly and they are non reactive. Her best friend was a beagle !
Due to her not getting on with other dogs no dog Shelters will take her. There was one no kill shelter said they would, but i was given the wrong information and today with only a week to the move I was told they won't take her.
Witch means that there is only really one chose left for her.
She has been a much loved member of my family for 6 years and the thought of putting her to sleep is unbearable even more so when I know what a wonderful, loving dog she is and how happy she has made me. I know she can do this for someone else. She just needs to be given the chance to... Thank you for taking the time to read this email Current owner"

We are taking Ebby in tomorrow Our friend the Vet Nurse is delivering her.
CoraMc

Re: Ebby Staffie x DofB 2009 Coming Gatwick Kenns 25th Aug

Post by CoraMc »

Gorgeous Ebby, we can't wait to meet you and make you welcome!!
Chapmania

Re: Ebby Staffie x DofB 2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

Thank you Lynne xx

A new arrival at Gatwick :welcome.gif: Can't wait to meet you gorgeous Ebby. love4.gif xx
Chris86

Re: Ebby Staffie x DofB 2009 Coming Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chris86 »

Such a sad situation for Ebby to be coming into the RR family (as with all of the dogs). I met her for the first time this afternoon and it's clear she's known nothing but love. She greeted me at her kennel with a big staffie smile on her face and had a sniff and lick of my hands through the door. As soon as she saw reach for her harness her little tail wouldn't stop wagging, she clearly knows what it signifies! In with her and she made it clear just how friendly she is, instant kisses and cuddles. Very receptive to being stroked she absolutely loved the human contact. Harnessed within seconds Ebby was no trouble at all which gave more time for giving her some fuss :smiley-gen132.gif: She's on the end kennel so not far to travel, she was non-reactive to Nessa telling her what's what lol.gif

Outside we met Jacqui who was coming back with Arthur. Ebby was such a good girl and paid no real attention to him, preferring to have a roll around and sit in the grass at a safe distance. At no point did she show any focus on Arthur, just a little curiosity. She loved having belly rubs at various points of our walk. After the little fuss session off we went for walkies time (she seems to understand "Do you want to go walkies!?") - Ebby is one of the easiest girls possible on the leads. She plodded along investigating her new surroundings at a very gentle pace, no one will have troubles walking her :D It took her a couple of tries to figure out the wooden stiles but easily jumped over with some guidance.

We had a bit of a sit (and lay!) down as it was hot today. Ebby demonstrated again just how friendly and people-centered she is by curling up against me. She rolled around in my lap lashing out upside down kisses lol.gif This was around fifteen minutes after meeting her, it seems this girl takes no time to accept you as a friend! Just a couple of moments of being unsure in a new place but just a little reassurance went a long way before she was smiling and trotting on again. I read that she loved the water so of course we had to visit the stream! The second her paws hit the water she belly flopped in, no doubt it felt great after being in the baking sun. Along the way we met other RR dogs (again, from a safe distance) and Ebby was once again a very good girl showing no reaction whatsoever.

Back at the kennels we had a nice sit down in the shade ready for Ebby's photo shoot with Sarahk, she's already such a star! :D She did have a touch too much focus on one of the cats while having her pics taken, giving it a few growls.

All around I can't fault Ebby, she is such a gentle, affectionate dog. Walkers (and potential adopters!) will adore this easygoing girl. It was hard to say goodbye as she whined at me from her kennel. Smitten already love4.gif

Managed to snap some pics, not always easy as Ebby just wanted to have cuddles every time I knelt down! :D More from Sarahk to come later thumbs.gif
A bit blurry but Ebby being very relaxed near Arthur
A bit blurry but Ebby being very relaxed near Arthur
Attempted selfie with gorgeous Ebby
Attempted selfie with gorgeous Ebby
Beautiful girl
Beautiful girl
It's hard to take pics with a doggy trying to give kisses!
It's hard to take pics with a doggy trying to give kisses!
Joining me for a lay down and relax
Joining me for a lay down and relax
Cheeky girl!
Cheeky girl!
"Weeeeee!"
"Weeeeee!"
Ebby getting her feet wet
Ebby getting her feet wet
Lovely cold water on the belly!
Lovely cold water on the belly!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Wonderful update Chris. Ebby sounds like a wonderful girl and will no doubt be very popular with the walkers! 0093.gif :D
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Ebby was very happy to enjoy a rest with Chris in the shade, enjoying a fuss and a cuddle, whilst I fetched my camera, then she was happy to pose !!!
DSC00522.JPG
DSC00513.JPG
DSC00519.JPG
DSC00520.JPG
DSC00511.JPG
DSC00508.JPG
DSC00512.JPG
DSC00514.JPG
DSC00515.JPG
DSC00518.JPG
DSC00523.JPG
DSC00526.JPG
DSC00527.JPG
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Omg, what a sweetheart this girl is! I met her today, she is just so friendly and sweet. On our walk, she was on a loose lead the whole time and did not move from my side. She seems to be heel trained; she stopped when I stopped and turned with me when I turned. She sits and lays down on asking.absolute dream! We met two riders on horses who passed very close by and she didn't react at all, not even a second glance. She was calm and placid alongside passing traffic. On stopping at the cattery she growled and jumped up when she spotted the cats, so that's probably a no then winkwink.gif
A very gentle dog and took treats very nicely and is easy to harness and handle. We didn't meet any dogs today so can't comment on that but was a perfect dog otherwise. She has a sad
Look in her eyes, please come and get her!
Love, love, love her!

Without ears
image.jpeg
With ears
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

I was welcomed into Ebby's kennel with a waggy tail and wiggerly body. She was so friendly and keen to get acquainted. However she did loose her confidence away from the kennels. I think she might have been waiting to see if another doggy friend was coming to walk with us. Her tail was tucked between her legs and she had such a sad look in her eyes. We took it slowly at Ebby's pace, and she took her time, sniffing and eating grass. Slowly her confidence grew and we picked up the pace and she had a paddle when we reached the stream. Ebby seemed to pick up if we met other dogs out walking so I think she loves canine company on her walks. She is gentle, friendly but so sad at the moment. I hope she starts to feel the love that is wrapped around her in the arms of RR and I hope she is spirited away to a lovely new forever home very, very soon.
DSCF6583.jpgebby.jpg
DSCF6584.jpgebby.jpg
DSCF6600.jpgebby.jpg
DSCF6601.jpgebby.jpg
DSCF6603.jpgebby.jpg
DSCF6607.jpgebby.jpg
Luella

Post by Luella »

Love the black &a white photos. What a gorgeous dog
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Great photos Anne !

Well I took Ebby out for the first time today and oh my goodness, what a sweetheart !!! so ,so affectionate and I have never met a dog so easy to walk, she walks right by your side, constantly , I had read this about her but it really has to be seen to be believed !

We stopped a few times for a roll in the shade and tummy tickles..Ebby was really friendly with Max the new little dog we walked with.

Form an orderly queue people ! XXX
Mmmmm grass !!
Mmmmm grass !!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”