Big Bruce Staffie DofB 2010 Guildford Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Big Bruce Staffie DofB 2010 Guildford Kenns

Postby MrsP » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Our Big baby Bruce is making more and more friends and showing what an outstanding dog he is. He looks amazing at the moment as you'll see from his photos taken at the Christmas filming day.......
BB1.jpg
having an ear scratch

BB2.jpg
the little smile that he always seems to have nowadays

BB3.jpg
giving me a squish

BB4.jpg
aaaaan sit, WHAT A GOOD BOY! Yeah I love him buckets.
MrsP

Postby bobbyuk » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:10 pm

MrsP wrote:is it our Bruce? I love that boy!

Hey Mrs P. If I could add something. I have walked Bruce for the last 2 1/2 years ever since I was asked to transport him from one of the other kennels he was in under Safe and Sound to a vet close to me to evaluate his leg and to get him neutered. It was then that I fell in love with him. The vet asked me if I would wait with him until his aenesthetic shot took effect so they could neuter him. We sat out in the waiting room and he slumped against my leg and I caught him and cushioned his fall. The next day I took him back to his kennels and Amanda from Safe and Sound asked me if I would walk him a couple of times a month. The kennels were 90 minutes away from me and due to me working shift work that was all I could do. I was saddened when he went to Milton Keynes for a spell even though it was at the time thought the best place he could be rehomed.

I brought him down to Guildford and whenever I can I spend time with him. It's only a 50 minute drive but it is time well spent. There is a field that a lady who runs a doggy day care rents out for a tenner an hour. I take our own dogs there and on a couple of occasions, I took Bruce there. It's a TOTALLY SECURE field and it is 4 acres. He loved it!!! He got to spend an hour running care free around this field and sniffed all the brand new smells. I look forward to doing that this summer if he isn't fostered or adopted.

If I could, I would adopt him in a minute. However, I have 2 dogs at home, one an elderly Lab and the other one a Ridgeback cross which unfortunately is dog reactive. We also have 2 cats. It is my wish that Bruce find a beautiful home with people that love him to bits. For the time being, though I love him to bits and I love spending time with him. It's priceless seeing him at the fence in the outside part of his kennel, leaning against the gate so I can stroke him and kiss him through the mesh; then I tell him to meet me at the other door and he goes running to the inside door and waits for me. Yesterday, when I took him back to the kennel, I got him to sit and stay while I took his harness off and closed the door. Also yesterday, there was a dog in the first kennel that was barking a lot and Bruce went up to the door and sniifed this dog--in fact, they sniffed each other. That's the first time I had ever seen him do that.

As I said, I hope someone adopts this great big cuddly boy. It will be bittersweet for me when that happens but until then, I will give him all the love and attention he deserves when I go see him.
bobbyuk

Postby Sarahk » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:41 pm

I met the rather wonderful Big Bruce today - what a boy, big strapping handsome lad love4.gif
DSC02536.JPG
DSC02538.JPG
DSC02524.JPG
DSC02527.JPG
DSC02532.JPG
DSC02540.JPG
DSC02546.JPG
DSC02518.JPG

Oh and did he love the treats ! Looking up as per that last shot and took them sooo gently thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby MrsP » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:26 pm

I took Bruce to the pub today as there was a little walkers get together, we didn't stay long as I had doggies to walk and trains to catch, but he had the most magnificent time. He did want to get up on the pub furniture though so it's safe to say he'd be sofa dog thumbs.gif

Here he is taking in the environment, sat nicely, good boy
BB pub1.jpg

Sharing the love with Dymphna whilst I cuddled him on my lap love4.gif
BB pub2.jpg

BB pub3.jpg
MrsP

Postby MrsP » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:20 pm

Big Bruce and his oldest pal 'bobbyuk' love4.gif
BB and Bob.jpg

Bob is getting to know our other dogs too, but Big Bruce will always be his favourite boy thumbs.gif
MrsP

Postby Jojo18 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:49 pm

I've been honoured to meet and walk the adorable Big Bruce recently .He has very endearing qualities , loves human contact sits and leans against you for cuddles and affection , walks happily past joggers, cyclists with barely a look in there direction. He's a pleasure to walk and not a strong puller as stated in earlier posts. He has a sadness to him and would love a comfortable home of his own .
Jojo18

Postby Nurse Flo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:42 pm

I had a lovely walk in the Spring sunshine with this lad recently.
He is such a friendly lad and being in one of the kennels closest to the entrance gate, every week I love seeing his smiling face and very waggy tail as I enter the kennel block.
Bruce is a bit bigger than your "standard" Staffie but you would not know it from walking him. He seemed pleased to be out and about and he walked confidently and happily with his kennel mate Lucky.
Bruce didn't bat an eyelid at anything that we encountered on our walk - how fab!
We had a few moments together at the end of the walk where he leant into my legs while I had a chat with him. So adorable and so loving.
Nurse Flo

Postby SimonF » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:38 pm

I've only just started walking Big Bruce and I have to say he is just perfect in every way.
We met a few off lead dogs today and he either walked by without a look or stopped and introduced so well it was textbook quality.
He can pull a little on the lead at first but most of the walk you can just feel he's there with no issue. He will stop and wait with you when he needs to (crossing roads/letting people pass who are dog nervous/passing in narrow areas) and will look up at you with the deepest eyes for your visual approval and a 'good boy' to make his tail wiggle even more.

He is a beautiful soul who is bursting for his forever family to help him flourish.

Please have a look at his thread and if you feel that you can offer this amazing boy a forever home fill in the homing questionnaire and keep everything crossed!!

**In the first video I say 'Off lead' when I should have said 'long lead' as Bruce likes the extra few feet of line.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Attachments
IMG_1625_opt.jpg
Stunning Bruce
IMG_1627_opt.jpg
Looking good
IMG_1628_opt.jpg
Keeping an eye on things
IMG_1629_opt.jpg
Such a striking boy
SimonF

Postby Jojo18 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:51 pm

On one of the hottest days of the year I had a heart melting moment when we took Big Bruce ,New girl Jess and Lucky to the water.
On a long lead Bruce waded across the beach area and he was in .I've never seen him so happy , and serene as he glided across the water.
That boy can swim !! He took the full line length and me with him as he swam and swam, up and down, with great turning technique, impressing all the walkers, And off lead dogs all around us , Bruce didn't have a care in the world , he didn't notice the 5 other dogs around him this was his moment!! .
Getting him out was another matter, I think he would of stayed in alday given the chance.
He walked beautifully with Jess and Lucky with big Thankyou kisses at the end.
A stunning boy with a huge personality hopefully we have a video to enclose.
Jojo18

Postby SimonF » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:26 pm

This big fella just doesn't disappoint. He's great passing other dogs and will either sit and wait with you for them to pass or will just walk on if that's what's needed.
He's very responsive to your requests and will always check with you if he's unsure of something. Big Bruce is just amazing!!

Today was warm so we went to the canal again where I'd brought the long extender lead as Bruce had shown promise in getting deeper in the water. Well today he went full Phelps and swam.....and swam and swam. He didn't want to get out!!

After he'd finished we went to the paddock for a little play and he showed his fun side with playing fetch and also his loving side as he had so many cuddles and hugs. I wasn't meant to be in today but I'm so glad I did.

If you could spare the time to have a look at the thread and think that you can offer this amazing boy a home then please fill in that homing questionnaire. He is bursting to meet you and make new memories and share new adventures with you.

The first vid is Bruce having his first real swim after a couple of weeks of paws in trepidation with the second being in the paddock.
The 3rd is of his trip with Lucky and Jess that Jo wrote about above. It is truly a sight to see him so happy love4.gif

As walkers have said to me about these vids they really do show the beautiful nature of this dog and that's why we love him to bits thumbs.gif

Camera on this a little off as trying to film and keep an eye on our dogs as well as the off lead puppy that was a bit 'in your face'. Bruce was so well behaved throughout, as were Lucky and Jess.

SimonF

Postby cobden28 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:43 pm

In the weather we've been having lately I imagine a swimming session will help cool him down in the heat :)
cobden28

Postby SimonF » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Big Bruce just goes from strength to strength. He's such a gentle lad who adores his human company and loves to show you how brilliant he can be.

We've been out along narrow tow paths and he will just walk past other walkers/joggers/cyclists/ and dogs on or off lead without a second glance. If you need him to, he will sit and wait for the people/dogs to pass with a textbook 'sit', as long as he gets a 'good boy' at the end with a chest rub he is one happy chappy.

I love spending time with BB as he is so easy going and so much fun. I'm so positive that in his forever home he will just keep amazing his new family daily and keep you smiling.

Fingers crossed for you Bruce love4.gif

SimonF

PreviousNext

Return to 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES