Bruce & Poppy Staffie DofB 03.2011 Cambridge

Dogs that have found their forever home
MrsP

Re: Bruce & Poppy Staffie DofB 2011 2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Guildfords greatest came out on a walk with me for Kirsten's final induction today. They are far less reactive to other dogs and managed some loose lead walking. Poppy is suffering with a 'happy tail' (sore from all the wagging she does up against the kennel walls) and Bruce is struggling to keep weight on again. Despite their ailments they are the MOST loving, chipper and wonderful dogs! Even in the cold and snow we smiled and laughed for our entire walk (dogs included)!
PB.jpg
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Took The Guildford Lovebirds for a run around the paddock today.
Poppy has been a little under the weather lately so it was great to see her back to her lovely, happy self today.
After a mad 5 minutes chasing after each other they then each found a tennis ball and sat very closely together squishing their ball in their chops for A-G-E-S! I did think at one point that they should be using this precious time to charge around but then I thought that just relaxing in the quiet, with grass under their bellies, lying close to each other was much needed down time away from the kennels and as important as running around.
A beautiful, devoted pair.
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

My first time ever walking the Guildford lovebirds today (with the help of Dawn), a lovely couple they make, they love their humans, walks, treats and each other big time. Poppy is definitely in charge as Bruce always looks to her and follows her lead, such a pair of cuties. love4.gif
CatB

Post by CatB »

The gorgeous Poppy & Bruce are our canicross super stars. They love their runs and they are super focused. We regularly take the two of them out and they are brilliant characters.
20170422_122353(0)_opt.jpg
Bruce is ever so sweet, he turns around to 'check in' with his walker and enjoys affection. He sits for treats and as well as running he also loves the water and enjoys a little swim. He loves his Poppy and also checks in with her on our walk/runs.
20170422_122409_opt.jpg
Poppy is a beautiful girl who confidently leads the way for Bruce. She loves cuddles and kisses. Poppy also sits for treats and takes them gently. She loves being out on walks and enjoys taking in all the smells.

A great pair who we would love to see go off to their forever home together.
20170422_122457(0)_opt.jpg
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

When you take Poppy out for a walk, you also get a wonderful ‘Brucie bonus’ in the shape of her dearest companion Little Bruce (as Guildford volunteers know him, because we also have a gorgeous Big Bruce too!).

I’ve been lucky enough to join them for plenty of walks in recent months and even some paddock time too, where they are an absolute joy, playing happily together. Bruce is the more athletic of the two, taking great pleasure in running for as many balls as you are able to throw, while Poppy prefers to choose a precious tennis ball and then take herself off for exercise of the chewing kind.
Playtime ...!
Playtime ...!
More sedate play ... but still lots of fun!
More sedate play ... but still lots of fun!
But every so often she will join in with Bruce’s game, and ever the gentleman he will gamely challenge her for the prize, before deferring to her over the ownership of the ball – when she gently reminds him who is the ‘boss’ in their relationship!

Recently my sister and I have had the added joy of walking this delightful bonded couple in the warm summer sunshine, and they are firm favourites in our hearts because they are such good companions, always keen for an outing, and proven relaxed walking buddies.
Our beautiful bonded pair ...
Our beautiful bonded pair ...
Our dynamic duo are also incredibly affectionate and greet you with adoration when you arrive to walk them – such excitement is truly infectious, and you can spend a hilarious ten minutes or so harnessing them as they try to outdo each other with the number of kisses they distribute. Poppy is especially demonstrative, showering you with kisses and licks at every opportunity. Bruce returns to you time and time again for gentle cuddles-galore!

Although they are keen cani-crossers, they are extremely adaptable with slower, less athletic walkers, but the most important thing for them is that they are able to bump along together.
Perfect harmony ...
Perfect harmony ...
We’ve noticed that they are always desperate to resume walking in tandem if they have to walk in single file along overgrown pathways. Walking through the woods with Poppy on Saturday, I was constantly aware of a cold, wet nose colliding with my ankles as Bruce, following on behind with my sister Caroline, made sure that he was in sight of his beloved Poppy. As the path widened the delight of them greeting one another again after being apart (for a matter of seconds) is truly heart-warming!
"Is it your round or mine ... ?"
"Is it your round or mine ... ?"
Our special summer weekend walks have recently included an additional new experience for Pops and Brucie – refreshments in the pub garden! They have become firm favourites with the staff and landlady, who always provides a cooling bowl of water for all four-legged friends, and they have shown how – in just a short time – they have learnt to chill out and relax.
Bruce displaying his lovely manners ...
Bruce displaying his lovely manners ...
The first week we stopped off, they were super-excited and Bruce even tried to climb on the table to get a better view, while taking advantage of extra cuddle time, but in recent weeks they have become completely at ease, happily sitting under the table out of the sunshine, lapping from our water bottles. It really shows how adaptable and willing they are to ‘go with the flow’!
Poppy ... just chillin' ...
Poppy ... just chillin' ...
They love nothing better than rolling in the long grass, always at ease together, before heading back to kennels.
Share and share alike ...
Share and share alike ...
This gorgeous pair would be a fantastic addition to a family who love the outdoor life and who would return the affection which they love to give their beloved humans.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

IMG_6478.JPG
LOVE THIS PHOTO love4.gif

Great update on the Delightful Duo, great to hear they like the pub !!! Not surprised the staff and landlady have fallen for them thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
SimonF

Post by SimonF »

We had the pleasure of having these two out for some paddock fun today. Their energy is contagious and they just make you want to play and goof around with many many breaks for tummy rubs and cuddles.

Today we saw perfect fetching and dropping of the tennis ball followed by a dip in the kennel pool making sure we both got as wet as they were. My shoes are still drying from when Bruce spun around in the pool trying to make a Jacuzzi effect and threw the water right over my legs and into the shoes. Nice on Brucie 0002.gif]

They are both such caring dogs for their hoomans and like a walk as much as some Canicross as long as there are hugs involved and Poppy can give you a trademark kiss or five. I've seen them come along so much over the last few months I've been walking with them and can see the potential that a Furever home would unlock.

If you feel you could help these lovely dogs along with the next steps of their lives then please have a look at the homing questionnaire and see if you're a match for these gorgeous pups love4.gif
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Poppy & Bruce helped with some inductions last week, they are an absolute tonic. I arrived at kennels exhausted but I forgot all about it after a few minutes with these loves.
I call this piece of art "Fun with P & B" thumbs.gif
fun with P n B.jpg
angel13.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to see Bruce and Poppy again (although would be even lovelier for them to find their home), we had a lot of fun in the paddock love4.gif
Poppy
Poppy
Bruce
Bruce
They loved charging around the paddock thumbs.gif
IMG_7728.JPG
IMG_7729.JPG
Then we enjoyed a walk before their tea time beckoned ...
IMG_7730.JPG
IMG_7731.JPG
Love them love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
VAL

Re: Bruce & Poppy Staffie DofB 2011 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by VAL »

Steve and I walked these two beauties yesterday. Such a friendly, lively pair who quickly sussed out which pockets the treats were in! As you can see from the pictures, they are real lookers with lovely colouring. They would bring joy to any home.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”