Bruce & Poppy Staffie DofB 03.2011 Cambridge

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bruce & Poppy Staffie DofB 03.2011 Cambridge

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Bruce89.JPG
Known background: Bruce was found stray/abandoned with another dog (Poppy), and was unneutered and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer them Rescue places. Bruce is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. He is in Guildford Kennels. Poppy and Bruce have been with our rescue since August 2016; they are losing heart in kennels so we have decided to rehome them separately, however we will still consider rehoming them together as a harmonious pair if the right family comes along. They need two people to walk them if homed together. To view Poppy's thread, please Click Here.

Bruce needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB: Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dogs' lives at greater risk.

Visit Bruce's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures, and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested minimum donation of £175 at the time of adoption; this helps to support our many dogs in kennels. We receive no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. We offer our dogs back up for life.
Bruce (Left) & Poppy
Bruce (Left) & Poppy
Bruce (Right) & Poppy
Bruce (Right) & Poppy
Bruce (Standing) & Poppy
Bruce (Standing) & Poppy
Bruce (Left) & Poppy
Bruce (Left) & Poppy
Bruce's thread is below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Please remember this is the initial information we received from the referrer. Once a dog is in our care and we work with it and assess it, it often can and does reveal positive skills, develops trust, and transforms its behaviours. Adam has asked us to help Bruce find his home. Bruce was found stray and unclaimed with a similar looking and similar aged bitch.
Sarahk

Re: Bruce Staffie x DofB 2011 Oxted weekend foster

Post by Sarahk »

I'll get more pics of Bruce over the weekend, he's the more lively of the two at the moment but then dear Poppy had the bigger op with her spay so she's probably a bit more subdued than normal.
He soooo loves Poppy, wants to be close to her and licks her muzzle :smiley-gen132.gif:

He's a lovely cuddly boy, very responsive to his name and sits when I ask him to (in return for a treat !!!)

He's been watching the Olympics with me this afternoon and is now snoozing, enjoying the cool fan, he's gone and stood in front of it a few times :D it's passed their bedtime bless !!!

Stretched out on the floor,lovely Poppy on the chair behind him ...
image.jpeg
Stretched out sleepy boy...
image.jpeg
This was earlier when both of them were on the sofa with me, happy to share my love, very good and no jealousy demonstrated at all thumbs.gif

Bruce is on the left, think they're holding hands !!!
image.jpeg
Looking forward to the weekend with these 2 :smiley-gen132.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

A few pics of Bruce taken yesterday as he arrived from the vets :D
DSC00433 - Copy.JPG
DSC00434.JPG
Get those eyebrows of his :cool.gif:

His coat is a beautiful blonde colouring, his recall from the garden very good, sits for his dinner and an all round lovely boy.
DSC00433.JPG
DSC00429.JPG
DSC00435.JPG
DSC00436.JPG
Yesterday he was quite lively and excited i think to be back in a home, a little over-amorous for Poppy post spay and she gave him a few grumbles when he tried it on ! He got the message every time and always backed off and if I called him away before he had the chance then he would come to me :D
Likewise when it was bedtime and they were both allowed on my bed, they couldn't believe it and Bruce wanted to hug me and shower me with kisses then do the same to Poppy !

They both settled down quite quickly and we all slept well through the night,I woke a few times as Bruce decided he wanted to move to a different part of my bed or lie in front of the fan on the floor next to my bed. The funniest time was when he managed to make space that didn't previously exist so that he could squeeze between me and Tilly, he managed it and I had about an inch of my bed !!! They were both very good :smiley-gen132.gif:

And they've been great all day today too - the novelty of the garden available to them as they want today as the conservatory doors are wide open means they've both settled fantastically well and his amorous attention to Poppy has virtually stopped, I think she's had to tell him 'no' only a few times today. Lovely to see the two of them wandering around the garden, Bruce spotted a cheeky pidgeon on my lawn a few minutes ago and ran straight out ducking under my garden chairs ! Pidgeon got away ofcourse well before he was anywhere near close !!! Poppy followed but with not quite so much vigour !

Both Bruce and Poppy are complete cuddle monkeys, I've had one each side of me on the sofa many a time today - no jealousy at all between them which is so great to see, they do each try to be the one giving me kisses !

Breakfast was easy with them too, I fed them at opposite sides of the kitchen, they were both fine and at the end went to check out wach others bowls just in case ! I would say Poppy is the boss and Bruce loves her oodles - he's the main muzzle licker love4.gif

Should just say they are both completely house trained too, and when I needed to pop out the front door to my car they understood 'stay' and stood back to let me into my porch no problem at all and when I came in a couple of minutes later you'd have thought I'd been away for hours, such was their enthusiasm to see me again :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

A couple more of Mr eyebrows !
DSC00443 - Copy.JPG
DSC00443.JPG
Aren't they fab :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

2 gorgeous foster fogs and super Saturday of the Olympics, what better excuse to do nothing all day !!!

Bruce and Poppy it has to be said were excellent helpers in the doing nothing stakes !!!

And we had a lovely time...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Definitely relaxed now !!!
Definitely relaxed now !!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Scratch my back, rolling rolling rolling :0)
Scratch my back, rolling rolling rolling :0)
Bruce looks a bit glum in this pic but he adored going in and out and out and in all afternoon :0)
Bruce looks a bit glum in this pic but he adored going in and out and out and in all afternoon :0)
image.jpeg
Sleepy boy, awwww
Sleepy boy, awwww
image.jpeg
Isn't he just adorable love4.gif
xxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

And ofcourse some photos of the delicious duo too...

Stretching out on the floor enjoying being in a warm home again, home comforts way better than kennel life thumbs.gif
image.jpeg
And on my bed this morning...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Fun and snuggles followed with face licks thrown in !!!...

In and out, out and in, in and out, all day long !!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Snuggles on the sofa for the 3 of us ...
image.jpeg
Face and ear licks :0)
Face and ear licks :0)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Not sure Bruce and Poppy found the Olympics as exciting as me !!!
Not sure Bruce and Poppy found the Olympics as exciting as me !!!
image.jpeg
Do you think they're play "1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato 4 !!!"
Do you think they're play "1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato 4 !!!"
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
And 4 eyes watching me eat my dinner !!!
image.jpeg
Both flat out on the floor again now, love them xxx
Sarahk

Re: Bruce Staffie x DofB 03.2011 Oxted weekend foster

Post by Sarahk »

No shenanigans tonight, Bruce and Poppy so much more relaxed and on to the bed, lay down, waited for me, then sleepybyes zzz zzzzz zzzzzzzz thumbs.gif

Bruce has dived under the quilt, I've made sure he has an air hole as its still warm !!! So he's under the duvet with the fan on his face !!
Poppy was a bit sleepy and quite confused at where he'd gone lol.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Bruce was great overnight, couldn't decide between the bed and the floor but soon settled back to sweet dreamland when he moved !

Bruce did some good snoozing and dreaming last night as he made the most of the comfy sofa...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Bruce then moved from the comfy sofa to the comfy chair ! This was my view of him from my spot on the sofa...
image.jpeg
lol.gif
And this him in full relaxation mode !
image.jpeg
Bruce likes to look out the window in my bedroom ...
image.jpeg
Bruce and Poppy had no problem having a lie in this morning ! Outside for pee time once we did get up, they are excited to go out first thing and enjoy a bit of a run around and play. Tilly is definitely the boss and Bruce does pretty much anything she asks him to ! If Poppy decides to play Brice loves it, if she's doesn't want to she'll let him know and he totally respects that. They soon calm right down after a play and just enjoy being in the garden...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I purposefully have kept the toys away and I tend to not be in the garden with them for long as that makes them more excitable, calm is what we want and what we have as they are both recovering from neutering on Friday so no over exertion required !

They love to chill...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I was watching the Olympics (again) on catch up this morning so didn't get out of my PJs til late, this was the sight that greeted me when I came out the shower...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
awwww, soooo lovely :smiley-gen132.gif:

Some gentle indoor play...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
they both respond very well when I ask them to stop or go outside if they want to play more !

And snuggles on my lap, either side of me again on the sofa...
image.jpeg
A couple more shots of Handsome Bruce...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
And this is how Bruce gets off the sofa/chair, he slithers !!!...
image.jpeg
We've also been for a walk today, easy to harness and they walk well together, keen as opposed to pully and I even found I could hold both leads and do a short video so that tells you they were pretty good walking together. Video to follow later!

Bruce is a very handsome boy, in great condition, nicely cuddly but not at all needy, his front legs reach out to you like arms when you're sat on the sofa for a cuddle, love that :smiley-gen132.gif:
Can't believe these 2 were picked up as strays. They have had some positive input from what I can see and are a very lovely couple of dogs.
:smiley-love014.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I decided to give Bruce and Poppy a treat tonight, these gorgeous dogs are so easy to please :D

Nearly 8.30pm and I said we should go for a walk, well these guys were so excited !!! They're normally well tucked up in bed by this time so they were delighted to be heading out !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We walked past a house where a few dogs barked like crazy at us from behind a bush/fence - the look on Bruce and Poppy's faces... Where are they, where are they ??!!. No barking back, I was very proud of them :D Well, after that excitement it got even more exciting for them ... a black cat ... Now a black cat is lucky so I hope it's a good omen for these two but I can safely say they are not for cats !!! They walk very well but they pull when they've seen a cat darting off into the distance !!!
We headed in a different direction and they did settle again ! We got back and the 2 of them headed straight to the water bowl !!! It was a very exciting walk for them and if they weren't tired already they are now !!!

This is Bruce right now !
image.jpeg
Bruce and Poppy have come and gone from the garden through the conservatory all afternoon, relaxing with me on the sofa or finding a resting place of their own. I'm not convinced they are sports fans, this was they whilst Max W Team GB was winning gold in the gymnastics...
image.jpeg
They did join me on the sofa to watch more of the Olympics later on...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
But when I uploaded the pics I spotted Bruce wasn't looking at the tele and Poppy was yawning !!!
image.jpeg
Love them even if they aren't fans of the Olympics :smiley-love014.gif: :smiley-love014.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Bruce loves being upside down lol.gif
image.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”