Ruby Staffie DOB 30.07.13 Kingston upon Thames

Dogs that have found their forever home
Fred R

Re: Ruby Staffie DOB 30.07.13 Reading Foster

Post by Fred R »

Ruby luxuriating on a freshly mowed lawn carefully checking out the ingredients and making sure it's organic – before licking out a yogurt pot. One can't be too careful! Yum! :cool.gif: positivo1.gif Kiss of love.gif
P1000465(2).JPG
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Sorry to say that dear Ruby, through no fault of her own, will have to return to kennels shortly unless another foster or forever home comes up. Let's all pull together to find her a home she so much deserves.
P1000413(2).JPG
SimonF

Post by SimonF »

After a great introduction at the weekend with Ruby I was able to take her for a walk today. I went over at 10:00 as the weather today is forecast to be very hot and at that time of day it was relatively cool and the breeze was just right.

After chatting to Fred we ventured out and from the off Ruby was fantastic. She responds so well to voice prompts and will sit and wait upon request at the roadside or to let people pass on the less wide parts of the pavement and paths. She doesn't pull once on a longer lead but on a shorter one (around busy roads) you know she's there but nothing too much at all. On an extender she is amazing with very good recall and a little tug to let her know you're moving off to another place.

We are lucky where we are as I have a huge grass/wooded/canal side area just outside of my window so we ventured to Kings Meadow where Ruby snuffled and wiggled through the grasses at her own leisurely pace. We saw a few off lead dogs, some near and some far away and Ruby had a look and then carried on with her own walk. We waited for a couple to pass on a narrow path and she did show an interest but with a few 'good girl' and 'well done Ruby' praises put to her she was wiggling away again. She is so manageable love4.gif

Ruby had me in stitches when she went in the water. Usually the dogs I've walked will splash and try to catch the drops in their mouths. Ruby just dunks her head in the water right up to her ears and follows the bottom of the canal along. I think the DNA results missed '00:05% Swan' off the list! Such a character.

We had to get back as the temperature was rising and looking at my watch we were out for nearly 2 hours. When back at Fred's she chilled out and came for some cuddles on the sofa with me and over to Fred's chair for some off him. She was shattered and lay smiling on the carpet with a contented grin across her beautiful little face. She is such an adorable girl.

I've added a few vids to show how she was today and I think that for a 2nd meeting she has done very well. Just imagine if you put the time in with her how she would flourish with her forever family.

So what are you waiting for?? Click on that homing questionnaire and send it off as your adventure with Ruby is waiting to start thumbs.gif

IMG_1742_opt(2).jpg

IMG_1741_opt.jpg

IMG_1740_opt.jpg
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Sorry to say that the clock is now ticking. In the absence of another foster or forever home beautiful Ruby will be homeless and back behind bars on Tuesday 4th July. If you feel Ruby is right for you and you can offer her a forever home there is still time to fill in the Dog Homing Questionnaire to keep this little bundle of loveliness out of kennels.
Ruby resized3.jpg
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

A few more pictures of wonderful Ruby enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon. positivo1.gif Kiss of love.gif
P1000482(2).JPG
P1000484(2).JPG
P1000488(2).JPG
P1000490(2).JPG
P1000492(2).JPG
P1000493(2).JPG
Last edited by Fred R on Sun 02 Jul 2017 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Ruby never without a cherished bone! Beautiful Ruby now back in Rescue Remedies' loving care, patiently waiting for her forever family to find her. :crossfingers.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
P1000498(2).JPG
anne

Post by anne »

It was my pleasure to meet this darling girl this morning. Ruby was a little nervous as I entered her kennel but as soon as she saw the harness she was very friendly and made it easy for me to put it on. Ruby was delighted to be walking with handsome Charlie (dog) and the two of them were very comfortable with each other. Ruby was delightful, walking along with a loose lead, very responsive and very calm and happy. She enjoyed a paddle in the stream (not trying to pull me in with her, unlike some dogs I could mention!) What a sweetie and after just one walk, I have fallen in love with her.
Sarahk

Re: Ruby Staffie DOB 30.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Ruby walked really well on Friday, out with Kevin on the lovely shady woodland walk :D
IMG_6697.JPG
IMG_6698.JPG
Oh how I love those ears of hers love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Ruby had a lovely walk this morning and a splash in the stream. Who could not love those ears?
DSCF9310.jpgruby.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Ruby has taken Gatwick like a storm she is very popular and enjoys her walks and paddock sessions. She mixes meeting dogs through the fence and obviously loves other dogs. Today we took Ruby for a cat test and she passed to our delight

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”