Dylan Staffie DOB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Staffierescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Dylan Staffie DOB TBAss Chessington Kenns

Postby helenmc2003 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 am

I walked Dylan again on Saturday. He seems a happier dog than when I last saw him - he must be settling in. I brought different treats with me this time as he wasn't so keen on the last ones I brought, but he wasn't too fussed about these either! So maybe he's just not very food motivated. Anyway, we had a nice walk together and I'm looking forward to taking him out again next week.
helenmc2003

Postby LizS » Mon May 16, 2016 10:51 pm

Dylan and I had a nice walk in the sun today, he has definitely settled a bit, he doesn't seem as concerned so is much happier and able to enjoy his walks. thumbs.gif He seems to have been trained by his previous owner as he knows quite a few commands and he likes sausages and cheese as a reward. He's a very sweet dog and would make a great sofa companion love4.gif
IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG
LizS

Postby tufty » Sat May 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Dylan has bags of energy and is eager to explore. If you give Dylan a toy you’ll have a best friend forever and he’s not daft, he knew exactly where we hid the toy in our bag. At first he was excitable, but once his energy was diverted towards the toy he proudly carried it around in his mouth and was as good as gold. He loves playing hide and seek with his ball and is keen for you to join in too.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
tufty

Postby LizS » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:03 pm

I think Dylan and I were firm friends after our walk today. He can sometimes be a bit wary which is understandable given what he's been through, but once he gets to know you he is a loving, friendly dog who loves cuddles. He's mostly good with other dogs too, usually just ignoring them, he can be a bit wary if there are a few off lead together as he's always on lead but with a bit of encouragement he's fine, he might give a little warning bark just in case any of them try's anything ha ha. He likes to chew sticks and can get a bit excited with them but has been well trained and if you say 'no' or start to walk away he will stop playing and follow you straight away. He's had a hard life so far and he really deserves his forever home. I think he would make a very loyal and loving companion. Kiss of love.gif
IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG
LizS

Postby JSTA » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Saturday 11th June 2016.
Dylan accompanied me on a walk through fields to the country park.
He remained calm has people on bikes and horses passed us.
On return to the kennels he was happy to walk through a stream to cool down.
He knows sit and accepted treat gently from my hand.

Joy S.
JSTA

Postby tufty » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:09 pm

We walked Dylan today who was very eager to be out and about. He tends to pull but he probably needs to get rid of his bit of pent up energy from being in the kennel. With more regular exercise and once he realises walks are not necessarily a race he should calm down. He was on a metal lead but he didn't show any signs of biting it.

When we sat on a bench he snuggled himself under our legs; just his little face peaking out. He knows how to sit and happily accepted a treat.

He was certainly very happy when he found a stick twice his size, dragging it around and crunching away. I think he would have liked to bring it back to the kennels, but as soon as we asked him to leave it he came straight over to us without fuss and carried on with his walk, a lot calmer after his stick play-time.

tufty

Postby tufty » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Dylan, new walker Yolanda and I had a lovely walk today. When you first walk Dylan he is quite pully and very keen to get out and about, but today I saw quite a miraculous transformation.

We decided to walk him with the lead just attached to the body harness rather than the collar as well, as he tends to strain against his collar, and suddenly he was a different dog.

He had just a bit more length on the lead and he walked really well, only pulling very infrequently and really responding well to heel commands. He has lots of energy, and we were able to have a little jog with him and give him a bit more freedom which he really enjoyed. He had a splash about in the stream and his soft loving side really came out, nuzzling our hands and leaning into us for cuddles whilst we waited to take him back for lunch.

He was fine close to the other dogs, and didn’t react to them, even when we passed some not so well-behaved dogs. Dylan loves sticks, even if those sticks are 10 times as big as him, but he was really good and came immediately when called, happy to continue with the walk.

Today was a real insight into his friendly character and what a great addition Dylan would be to a loving family, with time to spend giving him the attention and training he clearly strives for. He knows his commands already and will come to you when called, ready to receive a treat or a cuddle.
tufty

Postby Yolanda » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Dylan really is a lovely dog and deserves loads of love and walks! love4.gif

image.jpeg
Yolanda

Postby Yolanda » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Dylan and I had a long walk on Saturday! At first he was eager to get on with it and pulled on the lead but soon settled down.

We walked with the lead attached on his harness only and we didn't have any problems. We past sheep, horses, pigs and apart from having a look there was no reaction at all.

Whilst we were having a rest... drink, treat and cuddles a dog walker with four dogs came by and two of the dogs came close but no reaction from Dylan who was such a good boy.

I feel sorry for him as he as he doesn't get walked as much as some of the other dogs and now that he has his harness on all the time.. he's ready to go :)

On Saturday he let me stroke his belly, back and neck and have a happy roll in the grass. This sweet dog just needs to find his forever home with an experience loving family who has the time to work with him - all he just needs to trust a little more love4.gif love4.gif
Yolanda

Postby tufty » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:34 pm

Someone beat me to taking Dylan out at the weekend, but I was lucky enough to get a big welcome from him whilst he was waiting to go back after his walk. He’s such a friendly little guy and ran over, tail wagging, definitely after cuddles and kisses and with a clear desire to clean my face for me, thanks Dylan!
tufty

Postby nada.c » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:12 pm

Dylan and I had our first walk together on Saturday morning. Despite the pouring rain, he was eager and pleased to be out for a good long walk. Every now and again he would look back at me but then continue ahead. Sadly I forgot my treats but when we got back to the kennels he quickly found a walker with treats in his hand and made friends. Dylan is a sweet little boy!
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too, please complete the volunteer dog walker questionnaire:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
nada.c

Postby Davidoneill » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:00 pm

I took Dylan out for a couple of hours on Saturday morning - he is very well behaved with people and animals. I had been forewarned as this was our first walk to be careful about petting him due to his past experiences. Hence I offered him my hand and was very careful to respect his boundaries. that said, on our journey we did meet a few "civvies" who recognised him and Dylan actually went to greet them, he was also well behaved with other dogs who approached him - a labrador, another staffie (not from RR) and a spaniel. As for walking on the lead, after the initial 10 minutes excitement (I need longer legs) he walked at my pace and there was a lot of slack on the lead. Can't comment on Dylan's past, as I felt it was very easy to bond with him, but certainly he deserves a happy future in a loving home.
Davidoneill

PreviousNext

Return to 2. STAFFIERESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES