Roxy Whippet x Staffie DOB 21.07.14 Redhill

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Roxy Whippet x Staffie DOB 21.07.14 Redhill

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Roxy8.jpg
Roxy needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Roxy with her then 14 year old companion

Known background: Roxy was homed as a 4 month puppy with her family, spayed and chipped. Her owner moved in with his partner and her larger Staffie x & 5 cats and Roxy has found it hard to adjust especially suddenly being closed in the kitchen at night and so lost her home. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Roxy's life. Roxy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick, was in foster in a multi-dog household. Now in foster with 5 cats and tiny steps to see how she settles

Roxy is in her 2nd year & seen great changes suddenly she found herself living with 5 cats & elderly dog & sleeping in the kitchen: Her housetraining broke down as her routine changed dramatically. She tried to play with the cats but never hurt. Now getting lots of lovely walks with our volunteers and doing really well. After a sudden illness resulting his her frail body succumbing to pneumonia she made it through and is now fostered in a multidog household awaiting her very own family. On the Roxs

Visit Roxy's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Roxy3.jpg
Roxy18.jpg
Roxy's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Urgent call Roxy needed to leave her home asap and her family we going to have to put her to sleep. We stepped forwards to help her.
Tim

Re: Roxy Small Staffie x DOB 21.07.2014 Godstone Kenns

Post by Tim »

I met Roxy when she arrived yesterday, poor girl had been stuck in the car for over 2 hours (thanks to the M25 car park) so she was desperate to have a run around the paddock.

Such a friendly girl
untitled-8.jpg
And doesn't she have beautiful markings...
untitled-3.jpg
untitled-2.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
Oh yes, she likes to play ball
untitled.jpg

Had to put the camera in sports mode she was so quick
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-5.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Rummibailey

Re: Roxy Whippet x Staffie DOB 21.07.14 Godstone Kenns

Post by Rummibailey »

Oh swoon!

Welcome gorgeous girl! love4.gif
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Gawus photos Tim... she reminds me so much of our Lois at that age. xx
Doin' it for the staffies ...
anne

Post by anne »

Roxy is stunning. She is very nervous at the moment but improving. She just needs reassurance while out walking especially around other dogs. In the paddock she does love to chase a ball and with her slim, light frame is a fast and elegant runner. She is extremely affectionate and connected with people, gentle and yet focussed. Hard not to fall completely in love with her.
DSCF5018.jpgroxy.jpg
DSCF5028.jpgroxy.jpg
DSCF5035.jpgroxy.jpg
DSCF5037.jpgroxy.jpg
LizS

Post by LizS »

I met Roxy this week, she's a very friendly girl wanting to say hello to everyone, she didn't seem too bothered by a passing cat but can be a bit nervous with loud noises, other dogs and horses, she barked at a couple of horses that came down the path next to us, but who can blame her they are much bigger than her :D
IMG_0307.JPG
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

The gorgeous Roxy and I had a lovely walk this morning! Even with her energy, she didn't pull on the lead and was very responsive to commands. We passed a number of dogs, squirrels and birds - she showed none of them any interest. Her keen interest was in other humans whom she greeted with a happy wagging tail. Roxy is a joy to walk - what a gorgeous girl :smiley-love014.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Roxy Whippet x StaffieDOB 21.07.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Roxy had a day with me today she ended up in Guildford where she no doubt have a great time
nhelyer

Post by nhelyer »

Roxy has settled in at Guildford beautifully, thoroughly enjoying her first walk with us yesterday. What an adaptable, happy little girl she is! love4.gif
Roxy is a wonderfully easy walk, though I think she'd rather be playing than walking ... such fun to be had in bouncing around with a stick, teasing everyone into playing with you! Very responsive to her walker Maria and eager to say hello to anyone and everyone who crossed her path. Utterly gorgeous! Welcome Roxy, we look forward to lots of fun with you!
IMG_0821.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
janec

Re: Roxy Whippet x Staffie DOB 21.07.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by janec »

I met Roxy for the first time today. She is such a gorgeous girl and has quite a puppy like playful feel to her. We had a lovely walk together and met a child that exclaimed in delight that she looks just like a tiger. I think this remark was due to the wonderful colourings of her coat rather than the fact that she actually looks like a tiger. She is a small light dog who is very easy to walk. Just beautiful!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”