Maisie Staffie DOB 12.07.08 - 19.08.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
MandaTK

Re: Maisie Staffie DOB ?2008 Guildford Kenns

Post by MandaTK »

On Saturday Maisie and I went out with Jen who had Barney. Barney has an amazing way of calming most dogs down. Maisie walked beautifully and loved to follow along behind Barney, always keeping him in her sights. She was pulling when we first went out but very quickly followed along and stepped out nicely. She enjoyed her walk immensely and looked back so many times for a stroke and a cuddle. Maisie is very interested in what is going on around her, the boats on the river, the people and anything that might be running in the long grass. She takes notice and ambles along nicely. Not bothered by traffic. Maisie is a sweet girl who needs a strong handler who will show her the way to walk but with a gentleness towards her for her to give the most amazing cuddles. She needs reassurance when meeting other dogs. We met 2 dogs who the owner put on their leads and she was not too happy but she let them pass with a bit of a bark and then went back to joining Barney, with whom she loved and trotted along back with her fella!!! Barney and Maisie look incredibly alike. It was a fantastic walk enjoyed by all.
stewart_melon

Post by stewart_melon »

Lovely walk today with Maisie, very well behaved lass!
2015-05-12 13_opt.jpg
2015-05-12 13_opt (1).jpg
2015-05-12 13_opt (2).jpg
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

What a fabulous walk again with the gorgeous Maisie. She was alongside her little man Barney, whom she loves. Maisie is beginning to relax SO much on her walks. She is now investigating all the way on our walks, taking it all in. Walter joined us too and Maisie was so happy to have two lovely doggies walking alongside her. I felt Maisie was much more relaxed today, did not pull so much and listened to me so much. She just is not treat orientated at all so its all about the voice. She does not like some other dogs who pass and can be picky!! But I am working on this and she is getting better. She will give a few barks but not so many as she used to. Maisie is affectionate, loves to be petted and cuddled and does love to be praised. she gets that a lot! I am becoming more and more fond of this lovely beautiful girl every time I walk her. I absolutely love the way she bounds up to me and gives her welcoming bark ready for the off. Amazing, beautiful girl. She smiles at you now and is loving life. Love you little Maisie xxxxxxxxx :smiley-gen132.gif:
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

The lovely thing about walking Maisie this weekend was that she relaxed far quicker than she has in the past. She is now beginning to listen to me and taking notice. Maisie is so clean in kennels and always tries to wait until she goes out as its the first thing she does when we get out. That is amazing so she is still house trained bless her.

When we first went out on Saturday we passed Jethro and Charlie and she was happy to let them pass her by, no problem at all. We had such a lovely long walk. Of course we walked with Barney and his walker Jen. They really really like each other and walk so beautifully together, each one looking out for the other. Often trying to outdo each other as who can be in the lead!! Maisie as like a lot of our dogs loves looking at the horses too and shows no signs of any problems just likes to look! She goes up and down steps so nicely now and does not try to pull me, in fact she now waits until I ask her to go. She loves to walk in the big car park alongside the railway line walk we do and always has to stride out on there.

Maisie has entered my heart big time and I love the way she recognises me and wants to get going off for our walks. On Sunday Maisie and I walked with Polly and her walker Kerry. Maisie was fantastic and trotted along happily glancing every now and then to check that Polly was keeping up. Her lead was fairly slack for the last two thirds of the walk and she was very very inquisitive about everything, something she did not do for a long time but now needs to look into everything. She also loves a road walk so we finished off by walking along the roadside where she is as good as gold.

She never wants to go back so we have a cuddle or ten and then she goes in happily. Maisie needs someone to love her and realise her anxieties, but she takes her lead from her walker and takes that confidence from you. She responds beautifully to cuddles and strokes she is not treat orientated at all and will take some occasionally she just craves the affection and love from you. Beautiful girl xxxxxxxx :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Happy girl
Happy girl
I have walked the lovely Maisie several times now but during our time together last week I noticed a nice change in her. She seemed so much more relaxed and happy than previously. She was calm and really seemed to enjoy being out and about in the sunshine. I took her to the paddock for a run around and it was lovely to see her doing just that-running around in circles at 100 mph with the wind in her tail and a big smile on her face! Gorgeous to see. This special girl has come so far but it would be even better if she could continue to grow with her own special person/people.
Attachments
Singing for her supper! She loved the treats I had in my hand.
Singing for her supper! She loved the treats I had in my hand.
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Maisie was her very beautiful delightful self on Sunday last week. We had SO many walkers the dogs all got out for long walks and Maisie had Two outings. The first was with Claudia and Kevin and they got on like a house on fire, Maisie is fluttering her eyelids at the boys!!! Had a fantastic walk with Claudia and Kevin and Maisie was very relaxed with a nice slack lead. I love this girl, she is coming on a treat and loves to please.

She LOVES to roll and we then have a good belly rub, so much more relaxed than she used to be. She loves watching what is going on on the river as well. She is not always happy with some dogs passing but she takes her guidance from her walker. Lots of reassurance and chatting away to her.

Our second walk was with Maisie's very favourite boy Barney. It had got quite hot by this time so we were walking slowly and having lots of water breaks but she was amazing. She loved this walk so much and even nudged Angelique out of the way so she could see Barney. She tends to do this!! She was even more relaxed having already had one walk and took so much notice of what was going on. Both she and Barney spotted a squirrel running up the tree and it took me ages to convince her we did not need to go shoulder high into the undergrowth to get it!!!

This girl is amazing and I cannot express how much she would give back to you. Popping in to harness her she just comes for that cuddle first and then keeps giving you smiles and licks and just wants her own sofa. Beautifully happy Maisie always happy to see me and I am always ecstatic to see her. :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

I have a super soft spot for Maisie, she walked past 3 dogs today with no reaction and didn't pull once.
Huge personality in a much smaller body
Maisie1.JPG
Maisie2.JPG
blinking in the shade
Maisie3.JPG
This face got a big kiss, OBVS!
Maisie5.JPG
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Maisie was a helpful little lady last week. She showed our new walker how very sweet, playful and happy she is! We three had a lovely time in the paddock playing with toys especially Maisie's fave, the tuggy-ropey. I have said it before but this girl really does seem to have come out of her shell and is a very happy & very smiley Staffie girl these days. Lovely to see to her running around the paddock full of joy with of course regular stops for kisses and cuddles.

Just cuddles please.
Just cuddles please.

Cuddles and play!
Cuddles and play!

Lets play!
Lets play!
jaxsheight

Post by jaxsheight »

What a lovely little girl to walk. She's such an easy dog to walk and she really gives you a big thank you afterwards. And those lovely eyes!

IMG_0012 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0010 (640x480).jpg
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

What a fantastic walk we had on Saturday and Sunday with Maisie's new beau Kevin!! Maisie loves to have another dog to walk along with. I absolutely love walking this girl. She gives amazing cuddles and her sweet bark when she sees you entering her kennel is a delight. I always get a lovely kiss! She takes interest in everything now which I absolutely love so our walks take a fair bit longer but I don't stop her from enjoying her walks and her life. She wanted to keep Kevin in her sight though and I believe she is a bit smitten with him (sorry Barney!). Maisie also still loves a bit of road walking which we put into the walk every time. She is very comfortable around traffic. I love this little girl, her enthusiasm out on a walk, her extremely gorgeous cuddles before and afterwards and her non stop tail wagging. Yes I agree with Jaxs what beautiful eyes she has too. Stan joined us on Sunday as well and he just fitted in beautifully I think Maisie was happy having two boys around her! All round smasher. My little Maisie Moo I do love you! xxxx :smiley-gen132.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”