Ringo Staffies DOB Feb 07 - April 18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
anne

Re: Ringo (& Barney) Staffies DOB Feb 07 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I had such a lovely relaxed walk with Ringo this morning. Ringo took it slowly, taking his time to stop and sniff frequently. It was so warm I took him down to the stream as I know he likes a swim. Ringo doesn't do paddling, he prefers total body immersion to cool off. True to form, he wallowed about in the deep part of the river. It's a while since Ringo has had the chance to do this and he looked so relaxed and happy in the water, Bless him. xx
anne

Post by anne »

Lovely walk with Ringo this morning. First we headed out over the common and into the woods. Ringo sets the pace, plodding most of the time, but he will jog happily along the flatter paths which is fine because his jogging pace is the same as my fast walking pace. thumbs.gif Then we headed through the long grass and in the woods within the kennel grounds which is great for Ringo as he can have his muzzle off in this safe environment where there is no risk of meeting unruly off lead dogs.
Here is a photo story of our walk. Ringo's pleading face was when we stopped for treats. winkwink.gif
DSCF0116.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0117.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0122.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0124.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0125.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0127.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0130.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0132.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0134.jpgringo.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Lovely relaxed walk with Ringo this morning. On the way back heading towards one of the narrower footbridges we saw 2 boys (about 9 or 10 yrs old) sitting on the bridge having a snack. Now Ringo likes a snack or two so he was keen to join them especially as they didn't seem to want to move out of his way. Ringo walked right up to the nearest lad and gave him a kiss on his cheek ( albeit through his muzzle) When that didn't get him any reward he tried again. The other lad was quickly off the bridge with his phone taking photos, then not to be left out asked if he could give Ringo a kiss too. I said yes and he gave him a big smacker on the end of his muzzle. 0002.gif] Ringo was loving the attention but his eyes did not leave the sweets in the first lads hand! I suggested to Ringo we move on and he squeezed past the lad still sitting on the bridge and on we went. Ringo loves people and is a superstar around all people.
DSCF0211.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0212.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0213.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0216.jpgringo.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Ringo and Barney were having fun in the paddock this morning in the warm autumn sunshine. Despite his back legs being a bit wobbly and having a mind of their own at times, Ringo can really dash around off lead when he wants to. He was loving the freedom to run around this morning and do his own thing. He did look up every now and again to check where I was, and to come running over for cuddles. love4.gif
DSCF0265.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0266.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0272.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0273.jpgringo.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

With Beth who he adored. Xx
With Beth who he adored. Xx
IMG_2887.JPG
Ringo and Barley are fabulous dogs - a true credit to the staffie name. I walked this lovely boy today and I've got to say he was my easiest walk of the day. No pulling at all - at times I forgot he was at the end of the lead. The paddock wasn't free so we went and had some cuddles on the bench. Ringo was calm, affectionate, just happy to be out. I'm a sucker for a grey muzzle - Ringo now has a belly full of sausages.xx
anne

Post by anne »

I had a very peaceful walk with Ringo this morning in the autumn sunshine. love4.gif
DSCF0285.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0291.jpgringo.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Ringo seemed a bit wobbly on his back legs yesterday, perhaps the cold is not doing him any favours. He was fine once he got going but Ringo knows his own mind and opted for a short walk through the woods within the kennel grounds. This is great for Ringo as it is safe from off lead dogs so he doesn't need his muzzle. Once he had had enough Ringo was keen to get back to his best friend Barney and his comfy bed. He did manage to meet and greet a couple of people in the car park but disappointingly for Ringo they were not armed with treats.
anne

Post by anne »

This cheeky monkey did not want to go for a walk yesteday because the kennel girls were serving breakfast and he thought he might miss out. Anyway, I managed to persuade him to go and we had a lovely walk in the autumn sunshine and then when he got back, breakfast was served so all was well with the world ( well Ringo's world and for the 2 mins it took him to eat his breakfast thumbs.gif )
DSCF0339.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0342.jpgringo.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Fun in the paddock today with R and B
DSCF0364.jpgRandB.jpg
DSCF0361.jpgRandB.jpg
DSCF0362.jpgRandB.jpg
DSCF0358.jpgRingo.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Ringo gobbled up his breakfast before his walk this morning. He was happy with this. thumbs.gif
We had a very gentle walk, enjoying the glorious morning and each others company..................
DSCF0445.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0446.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0447.jpgringo.jpg
Ringo skirting around the puddles. He does not like to get his feet wet unless it is hot and he is going for a swim.
Ringo skirting around the puddles. He does not like to get his feet wet unless it is hot and he is going for a swim.
Me and my shadow
Me and my shadow
DSCF0459.jpgringo.jpg
DSCF0460.jpgboots.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”