staffylevi

Re: Tia

Post by staffylevi » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:13 am

Lovely to hear John. thumbs.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...

Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Tia is doing really well. She's playing more and more with Jakey (now that he's not scared of her play growls) and last week managed an hour long walk around the lake. She was knackered by the end of the walk but come on, she's 13 in a few months it's only to be expected :D She absolutely loves the gardens here, she has her favourite spot in the back garden for sun-worshipping (which she does most of the day) and, like Jordon and Jakey, really enjoys the big side garden as it's a bit more natural. We had a couple of visitors this week who haven't seen Tia for 3 weeks and they commented that she's looking much more flexible than the last time they saw her, which is nice to hear as it's hard to judge when you see her all day, everyday. And speaking of visitors, she's built herself quite a fan club over here among expats, mainly due to the lovely, body-waddling, face-cleaning greeting everyone gets. love4.gif
She has put on a bit of weight over her recuperation period (my fault) but I have some scales now and have started to give her short walks each day if we're not going somewhere special.

On the beach (she's lost weight since then, honest) :D
beach2.jpg
beach.jpg
Posing in the kitchen
kitchen.jpg
At the lake
lake1.jpg
lake2.jpg
lake3.jpg
lake4.jpg
lake5.jpg
lake6.jpg

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:14 am

Tia is so beautiful John. She is looking so much healthier now the overseas air must agree with her. Such an amazing place you are living now. All your "pack" seem to be thriving. Give Tia a hug from me. xxx

Hoonercat

Post by Hoonercat » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Just a quick update to say that Tia is doing brilliantly, so glad she had the op woo.gif] She's keeping up with the boys out on our walks, more so now that the weather is colder. We've gone from stopping after 5-10 minutes and giving me that 'I've had enough' look, to me having to remind myself that we're half hour/45 minutes into a walk and have to do the same again on the way back so best turn around. We do still get the odd time where she only wants a short walk so I tend to leave her at home some days so the boys can have a really long walk, she's more than happy being left at home with the treat toy all to herself (only a few treats, honestly :D )
She has so much more flexibility now and makes the most of every opportunity for belly rubs when we have visitors. You can see how much more flexible she is when she plays with Jakey, rolling around on her back from one side to the other is something she hasn't been able to do for the previous couple of years.
Things have turned rather cold here lately but that doesn't bother Tia, she still finds time to sunbathe despite the cold 0002.gif] She is very, very chatty, much to the amusement and surprise of visitors who aren't use to the Staffie chatter 0002.gif] And she's happy, really happy, which is all I could have wished for. Well, that and a return to the hotter weather :D
happy.jpg
Happy Face
home1.jpg
walk1.jpg
jakey1.jpg
jakey2.jpg
jakey3.jpg

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm

tia is a total Gem John she wouldn't have still been alive without your careful research and finding pioneering treatment...she now has a new lease of life! Thank you

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:42 pm

Oh how wonderful to see this John. Tia is the most amazing darling little girl. She will thank you so much for seeking out the best treatment for her. Hugs to you all xxx

Return to “My Dog”