Cooper Rottie x Mastiff DofB 01.07.13 Fairford Gloucestershire

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Cooper Rottie x Mastiff DofB 01.07.13 Fairford Gloucestershire

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF1558.jpgcooper.jpg
Cooper's Story: Cooper was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Norfolk council pound. He was adopted, but later, Cooper's owner took his own life and Cooper ended up back in Rescue: such tragically sad circumstances for all who knew Cooper and his owner. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place to honour all those who loved him. Cooper is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Cooper was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF1547.jpgcooper.jpg
DSCF1559.jpgcooper.jpg
DSCF1554.jpgcooper.jpg
DSCF1538.jpgcooper.jpg
Cooper's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
8.2.19 Hi Lynne,
it's Tash at Norfolk Strays. Hope your all well. It's been a long time. I am begging for help with one of our dogs. It's a very long story but I'll keep it short.
Don't know if you ever saw Cooper on our page? Beautiful mastiff x. Well one of my kennel hands fell in love with him and adopted him last August. Sadly and tragically he took his own life in November which has been hard and Heartbreaking for us all.
Cooper has been back with us ever since. I am desperate to find him a rescue that I know will find him the home that Dan would of wanted for him.
Cooper is approximately 5yrs old. He's neutered and fully vaccs etc. He's good with most dogs but can be selective. He's great with people but can be apprehensive of males he doesn't know.
So please please could you talk our boy? I know your probably stacked but I think you are the ideal rescue for him and we need him out ASAP for his sake and ours Tash xxx
Cooper.jpg
Jojokate

Re: Cooper Mastiff x DofB 01.07.13 Norfolk comes this week

Post by Jojokate »

Heartbreaking for all . Your home will come boy
SarahW

Re: Cooper Mastiff x DofB 2014 Norfolk comes this week

Post by SarahW »

Such tragic circumstances for all. Cooper looks like a lovely boy and I am sure will have many friends at RR.
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Chapmania

Re: Cooper Mastiff x DofB 01.07.13 Norfolk comes this week

Post by Chapmania »

How sad. :welcome.gif: to the family Cooper love4.gif xx
anne

Re: Cooper Mastiff x DofB 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Cooper has arrived and he is a very handsome dude. I met him after his walk with our volunteer walker, Richard, who I think was quite smitten with him. He seemed very calm and friendly and posed happily for his photos, enjoying all the attention.
DSCF1542.jpgcooper.jpg
DSCF1551.jpgcooper.jpg
DSCF1548.jpgcooper.jpg
DSCF1537.jpgcooper.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

What a handsome boy. So tragic for all .
You’ll be safe and your new home will be soon I’m sure
April111

Post by April111 »

I had the honour of walking Cooper today. He welcomed me into his kennel like an old friend and leant against me for a cuddle. Once out he was very good and kept moving. Happy with all the bodies about with various rehoming. We met Sarge whilst out and Marley didn’t take to him, and they both ended up telling each other to stay clear. We had a good mooch around and once back, I returned Cooper to his kennel with a few treats. I then walked another dog two kennels down and Cooper promptly shouted at me for taking out someone else when I was his friend lol.gif
Such a lovely boy Heart fill with love.gif]
Simz

Post by Simz »

Hey Cooper, It was cool to hang with you today bro! Thanks for being such a gent :biggrin.gif:
Had a great walk today with Cooper we went for a long walk accross to the fields, we saw Otto on the way and Cooper watched him then gave a bark after he had passed. He is a strong boy but doesn't pull on lead, he responds well to his name and commands, sits beautifully and gives paw (even when you haven't asked!) He was in explorer mode today with all the new sights and smells and waited patiently when I kept stopping to adjust the sock in my boots! He was interested in the stream and happy to see the big open fields, I could sense he would like nothing more than a good off lead wander and dip in the stream maybe?! He behaved so well decided to take him to the paddock where he could have some off lead time. He galloped around but wasn't really interested in any of the toys, then he settled in a shady spot and we shared some cuddles. I do sense he is a little wary at the moment so best to wait for him to relax with you before you start fussing him, and sausage treats go down well too! He has won me over, can't see him being here for long, gorgeous boy! :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I had no trouble making friends with Cooper today, I'd never met him before, but he was very friendly and keen for treats and a fuss. Me and Kim walked him together as he is a strong boy, just to be on the safe side, but he was very well behaved and walked nicely. He is strong, so will need a capable owner. He didn't pull, but does bark at dogs he meets, but is manageable. Very handsome is Cooper and very chunky. No problems getting him in and out of kennels.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had my first walk with Cooper yesterday. After a chilled walk we had cuddles in his kennel. He is a lovely, sweet soul. He would be a great companion for someone. I hope I get to walk and know him while he is with us but I hope he finds his forever home even more.

Safe to say one meeting with him and I am besotted and I bet he is having the same effect on all people he meets! love4.gif
2019-03-09 12.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”