King Greyhound Lurcher DofB 17.02.17 Ladbrooke Grove London

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

King Greyhound Lurcher DofB 17.02.17 Ladbrooke Grove London

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0947.jpgking.jpg
King's Story: King was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Berkshire council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. King is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. King was in boarding kennels near Gatwick then in foster sharing with another dog whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0954.jpgking.jpg
DSCF0955.jpgking.jpg
King's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
We were asked to help King find his new family.

King came into our Rescue on the 4th February 2019
anne

Re: King Greyhound Lurcher DofB 17.02.17 Guildford Kenns

Post by anne »

King is very handsome and although initially nervous as he came to us, he settled quickly and has been enjoying walks with our volunteers. He does seem to like a calm canine companion to walk with, he walked well with Victor last week.
DSCF0949.jpgking.jpg
DSCF0951.jpgking.jpg
Freya

Post by Freya »

Im lucky enough to know King from his previous life before arriving in rescue.
He likes the car and to watch the world out the window.
King enjoys the company of other dogs but he is still young and can get over excited so best to have a calm walking companion.
He can be initially nervous but once he knows you he’s a very loving, funny boy who loves a cuddle, he will even sit on your lap if he gets the chance.
King walks beautifully however if he does get too over excited he will jump up and turn into a bit of a nutter so I find it’s best to just keep him calm and quiet on his walks and have a fuss once back in the kennels.
I really adore this dog and look forward to seeing him progress with all the hard work they put in with their dogs at RR. He has had a tough start and I hope he finds his happiness quickly ❤️
09F0A599-8E97-4019-97EE-0677E96D4EC3.jpeg
E90B9FBA-A064-459E-A610-75E52EFF2DB8.jpeg
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Thank you for that Freya. I walked this lovely boy today. He had only arrived at Guildford yesterday, so I was the first person to go in his kennel. He was a little wary at first, and the surroundings were all new to him. I thought a spell in the paddock first would help him release some stress. As you can see, he enjoyed a good run around, I just wish we had a bigger paddock, so that he could really go. Then we had a lovely walk with Ivor and he was so so good, not really interested in other dogs and walked really nicely. He prances so gracefully, he really is stunning!

Lucym

Post by Lucym »

0_20190210_125359-1728x2304-432x576.jpg
I had a fantastic walk with this strikingly handsome boy today - just look at those lovely eyes! King was great on the lead, responding well to me asking him to steady through some slippery mud. He was interested in what else was going on, such as squirrels, but I never got a full on fast pull from him, he was just happy to watch and then sniff. King took treats gently and does a lovely lean in to you if you tickle his back/rear end.
This boy seems really special, I hope he isn't waiting too long for a new home.
GeorgieT

Post by GeorgieT »

I had the pleasure of walking King for the first time this morning. What a handsome soft fellow he is! He’s very elegant and just floats along like a ballet dancer.

He is VERY good on the lead - doesn’t pull, great around traffic, and not bothered about passing other dogs. He seems a little more hesitant passing people but still open to tentatively saying ‘hi’ to anyone he passes.

He likes to spend time hunting out interesting smells and he did find a few he wanted to roll in but can be easily discouraged.

He does have bouts of youthful exuberance but calms down pretty quickly both on the lead and in the paddock.

He is super polite when receiving treats - no jumping or gobbling, just gently takes them out of your hand. He likes a good cuddle too and it doesn’t take much for him to lean in for a cuddle. He clearly has a lot of love to give and would be a super dog in the right home with plenty of space to (elegantly) gallivant around in.
5BD3FC3E-5E3E-4811-9C9E-6CC889CC89CB.jpeg
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

It was a sunny day out today for the fabulous King as he joined me, my husband and our dog on a trip to Winkworth Arboretum. :smiley-chores002.gif:
IMG-20190224-WA0051 (1).jpg
King was slightly shy at first but soon got into his stride on the walk and was very polite to everyone he met - dog or human (and it was busy today as the sun was shining). We passed lots of children running around and he was as good as gold, curious but not intrusive.
IMG-20190224-WA0003 (1).jpg
IMG-20190224-WA0022 (1).jpg
Despite being still young this boy is really good on the lead and responds well to direction and encouragement. We had a lovely wander through the woods before attempting a mini picnic in the field. We didn't manage a lie down but King was very patient to wait and happy to be with us and watch the world go by...
There were treats for everyone and although King was very interested in our cookies (and particularly a hot chocolate drink!) he was a good boy when told no and to leave alone thumbs.gif
20190224_122534 (1).jpg
IMG-20190224-WA0027 (1).jpg
Food seems to be a big motivator for this boy which is promising for future training. He really loves his treats and this was perhaps tested at times being near another dog who is also quite food motivated but we didn't see any guarding issues although he would be quick to get the food if he could! We made some progress on this in the few hours we spent together, King is really eager to please so I feel he just needs some time to learn with the right encouragement.
As we walked round we had time for some cuddles and he was happy for both me and my husband to give him some fuss, which is good as it was the first time he had met him.
20190224_122546 (1).jpg
IMG-20190224-WA0082 (1).jpg
On the slow walk back King was quite happy to have a quick plod in the stream to cool off before we had to travel back to the kennels. King just had time for a quick snooze and a bit more fuss in the car before we had to say goodbye.
IMG-20190224-WA0108 (1).jpg
20190224_134854 (1).jpg
love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Forgot to post this from a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to capture him on video when he's walking close to you, so perfectly. His high step graceful prance is a thing to beyold, as are his mesmerising eyes.

pits

Post by pits »

I met the amazing looking greyhound lurcher King earlier in the week for the first time, who is looking for a home. He was so relaxed, quiet and easy to walk, walking at a really relaxed pace, he was no trouble whatsoever.
king1.jpg
king2.jpg
king33.jpg
Natski212

Post by Natski212 »

love4.gif such a gorgeous dog! King is so loveable and friendly, I for one love him! We had a lovely chilled walk along the canal today and he was the perfect gent. He wasn't phased by the charity walk happening and non dog reactive. King is such A pleasure to walk and so light on the lead, he takes treats patiently and when walking looks back for reassurance. He would make the perfect addition to any family

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”