Ruby Staffie x DofB 06.06.12 Wanstead

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Ruby Staffie x DofB 06.06.12 Wanstead

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF1413.jpgruby.jpg
Ruby's Story: Ruby was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Ruby is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Ruby was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF1397.jpgruby.jpg
DSCF1403.jpgruby.jpg
DSCF1404.jpgruby.jpg
Ruby's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
:smiley-bounce016.gi: 21.01.19: Urgent... I have these dogs looking for a space.
6 year old dinky staffy girl. Barks at strangers. Bit timid but very food driven. Fine with dogs in kennels next to her but choosy with some females. Was found stray and was straying for a week or two. Carolynx
Ruby.jpg
Jan Case

Re: Ruby Staffie x DofB 06.06.2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff was very keen to meet Ruby and walk her and he got his wish today! Gemma brought Ruby out of her kennel to meet Geoff because she is quite stressed in the kennel environment and hadn’t met Geoff before. She greeted him very politely and happily took a treat from him and they set off and had a fabulous walk. Ruby is a different dog away from the noise of the kennels. She walked beautifully, did not react at all to the dogs they met on the walk, and was a total poppet. She was happy to let Geoff take her back into her kennel and was reassured with a chicken chew when he left! He’s definitely looking forward to walking her again, unless her soulful eyes have snaffled her a home, which would be wonderful because she is definitely not happy in the kennels.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Little Ruby went out for a walk with Geoff today and was a little poppet again. She had managed to get her leg through the wrong part of her harness and as this was in her kennel and she is very anxious in her kennel there was a brief discussion between Geoff and Paige (kennel maid) about how to sort this out without stressing Ruby. The answer was easy, Geoff held her collar and offered her a treat and Paige undid the harness and put it on properly and Ruby looked at them both as if to say ‘what’s all the fuss’! Out on her walk she was so well behaved again. Not bothered by other dogs, walking nicely on the lead, no pulling, just a little poppet. She is a different dog away from the stress and noise of the kennels. :smiley-chores002.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Ruby was heading off for a walk with her best friend, Jemma, this morning so I waylaid them to take some photos. Ruby was as good as gold having her photos taken and she is certainly a stunning model. When I offered her treats she licked her lips, sat beautifully and even gave me a paw.
Ruby is a sweet girl who is very stressed by kennel life. She needs her home. Soon. :crossfingers.gif:
DSCF1410.jpgruby.jpg
DSCF1398.jpgruby.jpg
jemmaeve

Post by jemmaeve »

Where do I start about Ruby?! I love her! She is a beautiful girl. She does get very stressed in kennels and is wary of strangers approaching her kennel so she always meets new people outside. I have managed to gain her trust and she gets super excited to see me 🥰
I took her out on a walk on Sunday and Monday and she walks so nicely. She can be strong initially with the excitement of leaving the kennel but she soon calms down and walks with less force :)

I asked her to sit while we waited to cross the road and she happily obliged
85AE6CCD-D8E4-4ACF-A452-49B8D954D801.jpeg
She is a gorgeous little lady and she loves her food. Once you’ve gained her trust she will be your best friend 🥰 she really really needs a home away from the stress of the kennels where she can relax
3D5A1B9B-EE6F-41DD-A2D1-EAF0BE0B0DA5.jpeg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

4F95F5A9-3DCF-48D1-A2D0-152CB9BF57A7.jpeg
850DAF94-2F61-4D80-99EB-1F7A6278DF4D.jpeg
3621DEF6-1EFD-4D47-B5FC-3AE895909676.jpeg
Ruby does not show her best self within her kennel but once outside she is a different girl entirely. She was a dream to walk, a little pully to start but after 10 minutes settled in to a nice pace. Happily accepted a fuss and some treats but her absolute favourite thing was a paddle in the stream.....she LOVED it. No splashing about, she just had a nice paddle, calm as a cucumber but with a waggy tail. She was soooooo well behaved we took her on a much longer walk than planned with no issues what so ever. She was brilliantly behaved and a pleasure to walk. Xx.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked little Ruby today, we had hoped to walk her with Ollie, and they met outside the kennel block very happily, and Ollie was very pleased to see a doggy friend, but he still couldn’t be persuaded to leave the kennel grounds, so Ruby and Geoff went off on their own whilst Ollie and I headed for the paddock and play. Ruby is a very easy little dog to walk. Away from her actual kennel, where she obviously feels very stressed, she is an absolute poppet, not at all reactive to other dogs, friendly to the ones she has been introduced to, and very good with the humans she meets. It would be very good to get this little girl homed as soon as possible because she is obviously not happy in her kennel [cry.gif]
Aimsjwils

Post by Aimsjwils »

Ruby was our beloved dog.
We had her from the end of November till the end of December. We had to take her back due to unfortunate circumstances. It breaks my heart till this day and I’m sobbing looking at how good she looks.
She’s still wearing her collar
❤️ It suits her so much. It was completely out of our hands, but I’d love to keep updated on her progress, beautiful girl.❤️

She’s absolutely obsessed with peanut butter by the way... 😂
She will always have a place in our heart, we saved her from the rescue, gave her as much love as we could give, she went back a very healthy girl. She deserves the world and I’m glad I found her online so I can watch her progress. I’m sorry we had to let you go Ruby, we miss you so much ❤️
0875AB63-A55E-4A10-AE7D-51FD41F961C7.jpeg
clairek

Post by clairek »

angel13.gif]
Your love for her shows by you doing the right thing for her .
She is in the safest hands now
and you are an important part of her journey . Her face says she took your love with her x
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff took beautiful Ruby for a walk today, she is one of his favourites, she is always happy to go for a walk, is easy to walk, and seems to be dog friendly as well as people friendly. She is obviously stressed in the kennel environment, she is very noisy and ‘ kennel guards’ but once out she is a different girl, a total poppet, and she always goes back into her kennel very easily and gently accepts her chicken chew. angel13.gif]

Good to know about the peanut butter, thank you, we shall take some in for her next time, the next step for Ruby will be for Rescue Remedies to find the perfect home for her xxxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”