Spike Husky; StaffiexShar pei DofB 08.17 Woodford Green

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Spike Husky; StaffiexShar pei DofB 08.17 Woodford Green

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0141.jpgspike.jpg
Spike's Story: Spike lost his home at the age of one, as his owners were not coping with the number of dogs they had. Spike's father was a Husky: His mother was a Staffie x Shar pei. We took Spike in as an emergency to save his life. Spike is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Spike was in boarding kennels near Gatwick awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0148.jpgspike.jpg
DSCF0152.jpgspike.jpg
DSCF0146.jpgspike.jpg
DSCF0137.jpgspike.jpg
Spike's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
11.12 18 : Spike was living with his parents, and their new litter. The council insisted the family give up all the dogs bar one. They kept the Husky father and the mother and new litter were taken by another Rescue but Spike wasn't wanted and was due to be put to sleep the next day. We were approached by the transporter who collected the mother and pups pleading for us to save him. Spike came into our care on 13.12.18.
stuartportlock

Re: Spike Staffiex Shar peix Husky DofB 12.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by stuartportlock »

:dog_running-186.gif: walked him yesterday. Lovely boy really gentle didn't pull. Great guy. On my list next week please x
Rs00252

Re: Spike Husky Staffiex Shar pei DofB 08.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Rs00252 »

I walked Spike yesterday. He was very striking when I first saw him in his kennel with his amber eyes and black coat. He enjoyed his walk taking in all the sights and smells, he was quite strong on the lead but he is a young big boy. After he had burnt off his energy he settled down nicely.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Spike went to out vets today He had an undecended testicle and also a hernia so came back to h=us with a body length wound. He will need to be settled for the next 4 days to help his healing. He also was chipped and 1st vaccinated. Easy to manage in the vets and easy around the other dogs in travel crates. Lovely boy who impressed everyone he met today.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Today Spike's wound opened and his bowel was falling out. We wrapped him in towels to support his under carriage and our vet was ready for us when we travelled break neck speed to the surgery. Spike was conscious all the time and at no time did he show any edge even though we knew he was in great pain.

Mark operated on him for near 2 hours and had to take some of his bowel away. He is now recovering and Mark our vet is keeping he sedated. Mark has said its 50% / 50% whether he will pull through as if infection takes route it will spread swiftly. Mark has asked us all to to keep our fingers crossed.

Mark called me at 7.30 to say he was sitting up with tail wagging which he really didn't want from him...but showed he is pulling through. Mark is keeping him heavily sedated and he said the first 48 hours is the telling time. Candle.gif
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Praying for beautiful Spike xxx
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Hoping you pull through, Spike xx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Sending love, hope you are ok Spike, what a lovely boy :crossfingers.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: Kiss of love.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

The whole time Spike was in the car on the way to Mark he was amazing. No edge at all despite being in serious pain. He let me give him ear scratches whilst holding the towels around his middle. I am astounded by how brave this boy is. I can't thank Mark enough for Spike's care. Sending him all the love and get well wishes I can. What a brave, beautiful natured boy he is. love4.gif love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
JenG

Post by JenG »

Oh goodness poor poor boy. I have everything crossed for his full recovery. X

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”